Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

21 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

When Roman came and started buying big players with big money Chelsea got shit and still do.
When Qatar goes for PSG and start buying big players with big money PSG are called ambitious...

Almost everyone hates psg atm haha

But they are interested how far they can go with such promising squad.

Do the rules just not apply to PSG? How can they legally spend 400m on just 2 players?

Why doesn't Roman just go apeshit and spend for fun if FFP is not going to be enforced? Why are we adhering to this frugal "one in one out" policy when the authorities will do jack shit but maybe a slap on the wrist?

What a joke. 

Do the rules just not apply to PSG? How can they legally spend 400m on just 2 players?
Why doesn't Roman just go apeshit and spend for fun if FFP is not going to be enforced? Why are we adhering to this frugal "one in one out" policy when the authorities will do jack shit but maybe a slap on the wrist?
What a joke. 
PSG will "manage" the books by using their sponsor to cover the debt. FFP will either result in them getting a European ban down the line or it's run the course.

3 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Power move by Qatar, giving a middle finger up to the biggest frenzy in Europe to take notice. Especially when they're having domestic problems of their own. PSG are now going to drop Fly Emirates as their sponsor and pick up, guess who, Qatar Airways.

My friend, this is not football move, let alone a power move.

Qatar is in a very dire situation right now — does it no surprise anyone that, in spite of the blocus, they spend amounts of money they never spent before ? It is a political move — that is, propaganda. By signing Neymar for 200m, and perhaps Mbappe too, they send a signal to the world : (i) they still do have plenty of money and the blocus does not remotly affect them, quite the contrary (this means also they can host the WC without any problem) ; (ii) they are giving to children lollipops so they root subliminally for Qatar (or at least, so they do not see them for the terrorist hub they are) which will — just a little bit but still — make their position in this political showdown more comfortable.

In other words, people, do not expect Abramovich or anyone else to spend money any near of those indecent amounts.

In other words mark II, people, do not expect to see any football authority to investigate the case, it will — or is already — be bribed to the bone, as the matter is far mor important than a game of ball.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What a joke. 

Don't know about you, but FFP or no FFP I still prefer the club being self-sufficient and not overly relied on the owner's money to cover the massive losses like it used to be in the early years of the Abramovich era. The club is growing in a natural way these days and people in general are starting to take it more seriously, instead of just being ridiculed as a bored billionaire's plaything.

That being said, it is absolutely necessary that new signings are made to the current squad but that can be achieved without Roman going apeshit with his cheque book. The club have managed to sign wonderful players like Hazard, Kante etc. without PSG-like spending and only some slight improvements are needed to make the squad competitive in all fronts.

Hell, look at Real Madrid. Even they have pretty much ditched the 'Galactico' approach and make sensible value signings nowadays. After James in 2014 I don't think they've bought any huge players and they've still got the best squad in the world. Players like Casemiro, Vazquez, Asensio, Kovacic and Ceballos are wonderful talents and none of them were expensive, that's the kind of signings I'd like to see Chelsea making too instead of splashing £200M of Roman's money on some elite players.

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Don't know about you, but FFP or no FFP I still prefer the club being self-sufficient and not overly relied on the owner's money to cover the massive losses like it used to be in the early years of the Abramovich era. The club is growing in a natural way these days and people in general are starting to take it more seriously, instead of just being ridiculed as a bored billionaire's plaything.

That being said, it is absolutely necessary that new signings are made to the current squad but that can be achieved without Roman going apeshit with his cheque book. The club have managed to sign wonderful players like Hazard, Kante etc. without PSG-like spending and only some slight improvements are needed to make the squad competitive in all fronts.

Hell, look at Real Madrid. Even they have pretty much ditched the 'Galactico' approach and make sensible value signings nowadays. After James in 2014 I don't think they've bought any huge players and they've still got the best squad in the world. Players like Casemiro, Vazquez, Asensio, Kovacic and Ceballos are wonderful talents and none of them were expensive, that's the kind of signings I'd like to see Chelsea making too instead of splashing £200M of Roman's money on some elite players.

It sounds all well and noble but at the rate the market is moving we risk becoming what Arsenal have been over the last decade or so. We risk getting left behind by PSG/City/United/Barca/RM etc. These clubs all go out and throw around £50m, £100m, or even £200m now on single players like its nothing but a drop in the bucket whilst us spending £58m on Morata is a colossal struggle.

Im not saying we need to go out and spend like that every window, but when we're coming off such a great season with a manager that finally looks like he could build something special you'd think we can splash out and back him. So far, this is looking like a summer where Mourinho and Pep get nearly every target they want for nearly any price necessary while Conte has to basically beg through the media every other day. Why is that? We're one of the richest clubs in the world and are acting like Arsenal or Tottenham lately.

It sounds all well and noble but at the rate the market is moving we risk becoming what Arsenal have been over the last decade or so. We risk getting left behind by PSG/City/United/Barca/RM etc. These clubs all go out and throw around £50m, £100m, or even £200m now on single players like its nothing but a drop in the bucket whilst us spending £58m on Morata is a colossal struggle.
Im not saying we need to go out and spend like that every window, but when we're coming off such a great season with a manager that finally looks like he could build something special you'd think we can splash out and back him. So far, this is looking like a summer where Mourinho and Pep get nearly every target they want for nearly any price necessary while Conte has to basically beg through the media every other day. Why is that? We're one of the richest clubs in the world and are acting like Arsenal or Tottenham lately.

Probably the stadium thing is hindering us, see no other explanation. We didn't really have such problems before the talks of a new stadium got serious.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

If you see the number this season, there are only 3 teams that spend crazy this season. City,psg and united. Rm only signed ceballos, barca signed a rb n will sign somebody but it is because of neymar money, bayern also spent on few players nothing crazy. City and psg are backed by their rich owner though sponsor whereas united is the richest team in england by far. I don't think we can compete against them in term of transfer

13 hours ago, the wes said:

It's hard to believe we had this kid on a trial and reject him cause we had Solanke on the books now the wee shit head at Liverpool 

Man how annoying is that. Also think about that Neymar was inches away from moving to us until the Santos president showed him a picture of Pele and got him emotional...

On 8/10/2017 at 9:50 PM, manpe said:

Probably the stadium thing is hindering us, see no other explanation. We didn't really have such problems before the talks of a new stadium got serious.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's for sure the stadium.

Actually, I'm surprised that Conte is so publicly upset about the transfer activity.  I would have thought that they would have told him about the reduced spending due to the stadium construction.

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It's for sure the stadium.

Actually, I'm surprised that Conte is so publicly upset about the transfer activity.  I would have thought that they would have told him about the reduced spending due to the stadium construction.

U can't reduce spending on players and get rid of loads at the same time.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:49 PM, Peace. said:

(ii) they are giving to children lollipops so they root subliminally for Qatar (or at least, so they do not see them for the terrorist hub they are) which will — just a little bit but still — make their position in this political showdown more comfortable.

Precisely this. Before on a global stage there wasn't much support and, consequently, sympathy for their situation. Anyone who had heard of Qatar before had known 'they've done a few bad human right things?' and etc.

Now, by flexing through PSG, they are embedded in people's minds as those who entertained. 

Goes back to my favourite analogy of comparing Roman coliseums to see gladiators fight to football stadiums. Keep the masses distracted with faux passion for mercenaries 'entertaining' in what customary sports is favourite at the time while going about the political stage covertly. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You