Jan Oblak

Captain Ahmed

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Good news is that I dont think Kepa is the kind of guy who will demend 190k salary elsewhere. He would take a big pay cut to be regular somewhere where he is wanted.

Who knows, maybe he broke up with girlfriend because she does not want to live in England? They still have all the photos together on social media which tells a lot.

Drinkwater would rather keep his big salary than kick the ball again. That is why he will stay with us for two more years...

Lets just get 40-50m for Kepa.

If clubs in Spain know it is a mental thing like with Morata they would take him...

50m and Kepa for Oblak?

The problem is that we need someone to be a complete crack head and have no knowledge of football whatsoever in order to get rid of Kepa. He is so bad, his stats are now the worst ever in PL history for someone starting more than 6 games. So it is no longer worst in 25, it is now worst 25×28 or worst in 700 (approx.)

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

So have Atleti coughed up the 50 odd million yet for that waster Morata? If they haven't, could this be a potential big thing to get Oblak?

Throw them Kepa ontop..

Surely that's job done without spending anymore money from the bank.

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but I noticed that most of those yt compilations show some extreme saves, when He punches the ball straight and it's retained by defenders. Well, it works in Madrid, but I can already feel the heart attack the ball falling back to six yard line would cause with our CBs…

58 minutes ago, DDA said:

Throw them Kepa ontop..

Surely that's job done without spending anymore money from the bank.

I dunno, I think we have to be careful about sending Kepa to Atleti. I mean, can you seriously see Costa and Simone putting up with some of Kepa's performances? If he replicated his form from here, there, I could honestly see some sort of real life Ramsey Bolton shit with him ending up in a Reek 1 shirt by the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

I dunno, I think we have to be careful about sending Kepa to Atleti. I mean, can you seriously see Costa and Simone putting up with some of Kepa's performances? If he replicated his form from here, there, I could honestly see some sort of real life Ramsey Bolton shit with him ending up in a Reek 1 shirt by the end of the season. 

I dont think Kepa would be an issue there (or here with a better DF and organisation...). They are going to concede half as many chances as we do on average at least. Plus they have a settled back 4 and midfield that doesn't change every 2nd game. I dont think Real Madrid were keen on Kepa for no reason, just like I dont think we dropped 71m on him for no reason. There is something there. Not as good as Oblak is or Courtois is or Cech was but reasonably talented and can be a very good GK.

Got a good laugh at the bit in bold 🤣 Reek 1

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

So have Atleti coughed up the 50 odd million yet for that waster Morata? If they haven't, could this be a potential big thing to get Oblak?

Morata is tracking to 22 to 24 goals over a full season's minutes (16 in 2700)

and has scored big goals for them (helped knock out the dippers)

he has 4 prime years left or so

they are not outraged with him, I would think

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

explain to me how we are going to pay Oblak's salary (£358K PW net, over £600K gross PW) without crushing our wage structure

He is on £185K p/w, net.

https://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2019-04-17/jan-oblak-renovacion-atletico-simeone-sueldo-madrid_1950262/

5 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

that link is bullshit, as are 90% of Spanish football sites

his salary is VASTLY higher

10m euros NET works out to £175K (not £185K) PW NET at current FOREX rates 

even if you flip flop and make his net his gross from these numbers below (as these below are his NET, which is how La Liga salaries are listed, but I will play along and say they are GROSS)

0613a76728acd3730d851c71a76d2874.png

it still means he NETS (based off current FOREX rate from a €422K PW gross) it still works out to £227K PW NET

ergo 

that article is fucked

on edit the numbers above are gross

so his salary is (at current FOREX) £363K PW gross

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This just seems like such a silly link for me. The equivalent of saying "Chelsea is interested in Neymar," or "Chelsea is interested in Mbappe."

Just an impossible transfer due to the money involved.

I said the same about Havertz when those noises started.

7 hours ago, jandomi10 said:

Jamie Carragher tells Chelsea FC to sign 'game-changer' Jan Oblak this summer

Frank Lampard has made an excellent start at Chelsea - adding Jan Oblak could make them title contenders

Under Lampard, Chelsea have become one of the country's most exciting teams going forward, but at the back they are a mess

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/24/frank-lampard-has-made-excellent-start-chelsea-adding-jan/

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You