Jan Oblak

Captain Ahmed

#Chelsea could buy a new goalkeeper this summer. #Blues are not satisfied of #Kepa, who could leave and come-back in Spain. The first choice of #Lampard is Jan #Oblak. Talks opened with agent of #AtleticoMadrid’s GK. The #transfer is not simple, but M.Granovskaia in action. #CFC

Would be an absolutely ridiculous transfer window if Marina were to land Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Oblak and possibly some defensive reinforcement too. :lol: 

Not that I believe for a second getting Oblak is even remotely realistic. That said, I didn't believe Werner and Havertz either when rumors of those first came out.

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Would be an absolutely ridiculous transfer window if Marina were to land Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Oblak and possibly some defensive reinforcement too. :lol: 

Not that I believe for a second getting Oblak is even remotely realistic. That said, I didn't believe Werner and Havertz either when rumors of those first came out.

it is Monopoly money at this point if you add in Obak's fees + wages on a 5 year (let alone 7 year) contract

assuming between wages subsidised and the massive hit on the transfer fee, we are looking at a £60m + net loss on Kepa

then toss in the £205m or so (on a 5 year deal at his current salary) cost for Oblak (fees and salary)

that is well over a quarter of a billion quid (£265m or so) for 7 (2 years of Kepa, 5 of Oblak) years' net cost just for our starting GK

that alone is more than all but 29 clubs in the world entire rosters are worth on T-Markt, lolololol

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

it is Monopoly money at this point if you add in Obak's fees + wages on a 5 year (let alone 7 year) contract

assuming between wages subsidised and the massive hit on the transfer fee, we are looking at a £60m + net loss on Kepa

then toss in the £205m or so (on a 5 year deal at his current salary) cost for Oblak (fees and salary)

that is well over a quarter of a billion quid (£265m or so) for 7 (2 years of Kepa, 5 of Oblak) years' net cost just for our starting GK

that alone is more than all but 29 clubs in the world entire rosters are worth on T-Markt, lolololol

Yeah, Oblak isn't happening unless there is some way Atleti haven't been paying any attention to Kepa and we can pack him off to them as a swap then only pay a vastly reduced fee to top it up. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

You say this, but if you look at it the other way. We sold Courtois for £35m and bought Kepa £71m, so let's say we bought Kepa for £36m. Bought Werner and Ziyech for the money we got for Hazard with £10-15m left over. Morata we sold. We are likely to sell Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, and possibly a couple of defenders too. We have sold Boga, and maybe Jorginho gets sold as well. Willian and Pedro off the pay roll too. I have heard we could do a deal of Kepa & money for Oblak. Who knows. It is either that or we buy Onana and Tagliafico for around £50m, then spend the rest on a CB. 

4 minutes ago, azorahai88 said:

We are likely to sell Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Batshuayi

wish I had your positive crystal ball

and my maths are stand-alone and based on what happened and what could happen (and will happen IF we buy Oblak and sell Kepa), not some revisionist history

BTW, by NOT using smart contractual management (one of my biggest beefs with the board and Marina) with Cuntois (he said over and over he wanted to go back to Madrid) and selling him for at least £75m (Real would have dropped that at least in 2017) we shit away another £33m plus (we sold him for £31.50m, 35m euros, there were a bunch of shit sites who confused GBP with EUR)

2001e6328add4da1a2eb77341895abd7.png

d7d53e902e414227d4722a3fd8acd6ed.png

We then could have bought one of my top targets that summer Alisson (I was very much sold on him especially based off 2 of my best friends' reccos. They were living  (one still is, a Swedish/Brasilian girl, whom I went to  independent school with in Hammersmith, the other was her English BF, who broke up with her a while back and returned to London) in Porto Allegre when he was at Inter They were Gremio fans, but said he was the real deal, so I knew it was a good recco, as Rebecca especially HATES Inter (she grew up in Porto Allegre), I also was very impressed with him as the Roma backup in 2016-17. We could have bought him for peanuts compared to what he went for the next year.

All that doesn't even begin to count the difference of buying Alisson for £20-30m or so (easily done in 2017, as he was their backup keeper then and Roma was in deep shit financially) versus the insanity of the transfer fees alone for Kepa and Oblak

it was a massive, multiyear cockup

Alisson (who, in summer 2017 was 1 or 2 months or so away from turning 25yo, so not some teen noob)

14268f169628ddfb87991c9266086961.png<<<<<<<<

On 29/07/2020 at 11:52 PM, Jason said:

the difference between

1. us with another GK (but one better than what we have now) other than Oblak plus us WITH Havertz

versus

2. Oblak and NO Havertz, plus Havertz ending up at Manure or Liverpool or Shitty (EPL and CL threats) or Bayern or RM or Barca or PSG or Juve  or even Inter (CL threats)

is massive

No.1 is clearly the better position to be in, as a another good keeper and still having Havertz blocks our main competitors far more and improves us on balance far more

also, Oblak's wages are insane, so his total cost is probably £70+m over 5 years versus Havertz's total amortised cost when fees + wages are tallied up (plus Havertz  will end up on a direct or indirect rival)

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the difference between

1. us with another GK (but one better than what we have now) other than Oblak plus us WITH Havertz

versus

2. Oblak and NO Havertz, plus Havertz ending up at Manure or Liverpool or Shitty (EPL and CL threats) or Bayern or RM or Barca or PSG or Juve  or even Inter (CL threats)

is massive

No.1 is clearly the better position to be in, as a another good keeper and still having Havertz blocks our main competitors far more and improves us on balance far more

also, Oblak's wages are insane, so his total cost is probably £70+m over 5 years versus Havertz's total amortised cost when fees + wages are tallied up (plus Havertz  will end up on a direct or indirect rival)

I agree. Looking back, we should have signed a cheaper stop-gap keeper in 2018  instead of triggering Kepa's release clause

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I agree. Looking back, we should have signed a cheaper stop-gap keeper in 2018  instead of triggering Kepa's release clause

summer 2017 to winter 2018/19 was a disastrous 18 month, 4 window nightmare on almost ever level to do with transfers, sales, buys, botched buys, refused sales, and contractual management

shameful, damn near club wrecking if not for the fact Roman was there to bail us out (and also our youth came good or soon will)

lol, half the sites say we are done chasing Oblak, the other half say he is the number one priority after we close out on Havertz

some are also saying we will drop £50m on POPE, who had 35 total league topflight games before this season, all from one season, 2 years ago (out of 9 seasons) 

85cb9b4c6ce8d4f2cdd96e598237cc4f.png

pile of tosh from every angle

I don't care which keeper it is but we can't go into next season with kepa as our number one. Keeper has to be our number 1 priority. Doesn't mean it has to be someone expensive like oblak but we need someone even if it's a gamble on a cheap youngster or someone we can get for cheap til the right one comes for the future. Just a non liability would be a good start.

Don't think oblak would be the smart move unless we can get 50mil for kepa which I highly doubt as we could find ourselves with 170mil of keepers + wages on the books. Doubt oblak and havertz would be financially viable unless we have the same lawyers as city do.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

First russian wants Oblak by Atletico assistant and now this. Something is definitely there.

Yeah, those are direct comments as well, not a 'source' close to the player. However, it just seems impossible unless we can involve Kepa in the deal and AM agree he is still worth a sizable chunck and are willing to pay his wages. That for me seems incredibly unlikely. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You