Jan Oblak

Captain Ahmed

48 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak 'rejected chance to join Chelsea after club met his £89m release clause' before turning to Kepa Arrizabalaga

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6052121/Jan-Oblak-rejected-Chelsea-club-met-89m-release-clause.html

Load of bollocks.

On 07/08/2018 at 9:37 AM, Special Juan said:

Oblak is exactly who we should be targeting, I very much doubt we are though.

We did, we met his release clause, he declined, but I am so happy with Kepa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6052121/Jan-Oblak-rejected-Chelsea-club-met-89m-release-clause.html

Oblak's release clause is now going to be increased from €100m to €250m in his new contract.

https://www.intothecalderon.com/2018/8/12/17680376/report-oblaks-release-clause-to-be-increased-to-quarter-of-a-billion-chelsea-rejected-transfer

8 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Load of bollocks.

What, that we offered €100m for a keeper as in that's too much for him (it isn't), or are you saying it didn't happen because it did happen at all? Atletico Madrid said it did and now they reward Oblak with new contract and increase RC to quarter of a billion euros.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

What, that we offered €100m for a keeper as in that's too much for him (it isn't), or are you saying it didn't happen because it did happen at all? Atletico Madrid said it did and now they reward Oblak with new contract and increase RC to quarter of a billion euros.

Find it hard to believe we made an offer and no one knew about it. The only source reporting it is daily mail and they arent a source at all.

On 07/08/2018 at 10:19 AM, Dingus said:

Imagine paying £89m for Oblak when you could have paid less than that for Alisson.

Oblak and Kepa are both better than Alisson. Who is a damn good keeper as well. We are in great shape at keeper for next 7 years plus.

23 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Find it hard to believe we made an offer and no one knew about it. The only source reporting it is daily mail and they arent a source at all.

We made bids for Kepa 2+ weeks ago and noone knew about it until a few days before he signed. Daily Mail is a fine source nowadays.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Oblak and Kepa are both better than Alisson. Who is a damn good keeper as well. We are in great shape at keeper for next 7 years plus.

Currently Alisson is hands down better than Kepa ... With Oblak, at par. 

Kepa has lot to learn (the potential is there) and with the world expensive tag he would be under tremendous pressure. Have my fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

They were not the only source, it was all over Spain. And Atletico Mardid acknowledged it and is giving him a new contract, with an increased RC.

Did we REALLY bid for him or did his agent use us as leverage to get a better contract? Godin's agent did that to United on deadline day and now, his player looks set to sign a new contract.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Did we REALLY bid for him or did his agent use us as leverage to get a better contract? Godin's agent did that to United on deadline day and now, his player looks set to sign a new contract.

He absolutely made the bid, we met his RC, but he is on a far better team and didn't want to leave.

3 hours ago, manpe said:

We made bids for Kepa 2+ weeks ago and noone knew about it until a few days before he signed. Daily Mail is a fine source nowadays.

Tried sending you a msg mate but says you're not allowed any.

So your box is either full, youve got msgs turned off or just barred me bd1abee313e83556b92eb3ea1e28ca47.gif

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Tried sending you a msg mate but says you're not allowed any.

So your box is either full, youve got msgs turned off or just barred me bd1abee313e83556b92eb3ea1e28ca47.gif

Strange.. I deleted a few messages, see if you can write now.

Regardless if we could have got him or not, we got somebody who has huge potential. I think we should stop looking at what ifs and give the guy we got every chance because he is extremely highly thought of in Spain. Even comparing him to Alisson or the price tags so to speak, Alisson had one season at Roma where he played regularly, I have no doubts hes a good goalkeeper (currently yeah hes maybe better than Kepa although theres plenty of room for growth still) but all this talk of Alisson being one of the top 5 in the world shite is insane. Neuer, Oblak, De Gea, Courtois, Navas all these guys are much better. Even the boy Ederson for City I think as a goalkeeper hes probably on par with him although hes his understudy with Brazil. 

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He absolutely made the bid, we met his RC, but he is on a far better team and didn't want to leave.

A.Madrid isn’t far better than us. They play the most boring football on this planet along with Burnley. They are in the champions league because other than Madrid and Barca the other teams are dog shite.

13 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

A.Madrid isn’t far better than us. They play the most boring football on this planet along with Burnley. They are in the champions league because other than Madrid and Barca the other teams are dog shite.

Wouldn't say they play the most boring football on the planet.

In the big games they show up and they make it very tough but they've got certain strengths and had so much success/remained competitive with it so why change? They are probably one of the top 3 teams I wouldn't want us to play in the CL along with Barcelona and Bayern because they are always up for big matches and when we've played them in the past they've always managed to negate our threat easily and exploit our weaknesses. Also I wouldn't say they are necessarily better than us or worse but they have an identity, a coach who's philosophy is so clear to see on the pitch and also a very good structure so its a big lure for players, plus he'll have seen its not always greener on the other side just ask Filipe Luis and Diego Costa. Also there are plenty of good teams in Spain outside of Madrid and Barca. teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal, Atletico, heck even Real Betis... all competitive just not as competitive as Barca, Madrid and Atletico.

23 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I doubt Oblak will care about playing negative football, it probably brings the best out of him.

On 12/08/2018 at 9:07 PM, Polo7 said:

LOLOL

Oki, yes, sure, lololol

Wanna buy a bridge? I got a couple for sale, cheap.

lets do a head to head comparison

GK  Oblak v Kepa      Oblak by 10,000 miles

CB José Giménez v Rudiger      Giménez    

CB Stefan Savic v AC   AC (so so close atm, AC has higher upside, Savic is a really good CB, absolutely could play for Chelsea, would trade Luiz for him in  a flash)

CB Diego Godín v David Luiz     Godin   not even close   (overall their CB's are better than ours)

RB  Santiago Arias v Azpi   Azpi ( this was close to a draw before they loaned out Sime Vrsaljko, as he is far better in a back 4 offensively than Azpi)

RB Juanfran v Zappacosta  a draw, I would obviously swap Zappacost atm for Juanfran, as Juanfran is 33, but Juanfran has been a better player over the years, and has massive big game experience

LB   Lucas Hernández v Alonso  Hernández by a massive amount

LB Filipe Luís v Emerson  atm Luis, who knows in future, Luis was not handled right here, he has been superb for AM over the years

DMF Thomas v Kante     Kante, not even close, but Thomas is hardly a weakness

DMF Rodri v Drinkwater    Rodri, not even remotely close, he is on track to be the next Busquets  Drinkwater is dogshit, 60m down the shitter

CMF Koke v Jorginho   I give this a draw, many would pick one over the other

AMF Saúl Ñíguez  v  Kovavcic   Saul, not close (comparing the pair, I would so so take Saul/Koke over Jorginho/Kovacic)

MF Depth In Celsea favour with RLC and Barkely and Fabragas ALTHOUGH absolutely TOSS all that IF AM uses Thomas Lemar as an AMF, then the gap in AMF is massive, so I leave this a draw

RW  Gelson Martins  v Willian  hard to call this one, Martins is 7 years younger, has massive upside, I dont rate Williqan, but want to see what Martins does, I call this a draw,

RW  Ángel Correa v Pedro  Correa, not close

LW Thomas Lemar v Eden  Eden, not close

LW Vitolo v CHO  another hard one to call, obviously CHO will be a vastly superior player over his career, but Vitolo is a veteran with big game experience, I go slight edge to CHO, which will explode in time, but this is about now

CF Griezman v Morata    Griezman    <<<<< on this alone they win!!

CF Costa v Giroud   Costa <<< here too!! (thanks Conte!!!)

CF  Nikola Kalinic v Abraham   Kalinic atm, but down the road Tammy

11 wins for AM

5 for Chelsea

4 draws

Striker and GK alone are a massive massive advantage for them, they have no weak spots and more quality depth

Simeone over Sarri too, as manager

They also can still add MORE players, as their window is open for 17 more days

Its not even close in terms of who is the better side atm

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You