Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Alex Sandro

iceboy
Followers 3

This thread always makes me chuckle. People ridicule City for spending almost 60m on each of Mendy and Walker but want us to pay 70m for Alex Sandro which would easily make him the most expensive defender of all time. I can't even get into how absolutely lunatic that is that's how much at a loss for words I am.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

This thread always makes me chuckle. People ridicule City for spending almost 60m on each of Mendy and Walker but want us to pay 70m for Alex Sandro which would easily make him the most expensive defender of all time. I can't even get into how absolutely lunatic that is that's how much at a loss for words I am.

Sandro is better than Walker and Mendy. Also City have spent a lot on fullbacks and still want more. 

Tocbe fair thou. If we get our way, we'd end up with a 65m Sandro and a 40m Sergi. 

30 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

Well I can't personally comment on Sandro's ability, but many people who watch him fairly regularly tell me he is the 2nd or 3rd best LB in Europe right now. If that is the case then that puts him well ahead in terms of ability over Walker and Mendy. I don't know enough about Mendy either, but from the few games I've seen of him, both for Monaco and France, he looks very good going forward, but defensively leaves a lot to be desired, similar to Walker. However, we have no idea if we'll even get Sandro tbh, so who knows what will happen. I do think Alonso has been severely underrated considering he has pretty damn solid for us overall. 

28 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Sandro is better than Walker and Mendy. Also City have spent a lot on fullbacks and still want more. 

Tocbe fair thou. If we get our way, we'd end up with a 65m Sandro and a 40m Sergi. 

No guarantees that our way are Sandro and Sergi. Sandro's progression after this season is amazing. He wasn't at same level before. But saying Mendy is worse version, well for that let's wait a little, it's not like he played for Juventus, top 5 teams in the world. And still he's so good, young. Same goes for Walker. Actually I recommend everyone to watch replay of last night match Man City vs Real Madrid 4:1 and see with their owne eyes how "bad" Walker and Danilo are and why you have to pay big if they ask you for big money. Without top FB's you won't make progress because football is about every player not only attackers or midfielders.

17 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Well I can't personally comment on Sandro's ability, but many people who watch him fairly regularly tell me he is the 2nd or 3rd best LB in Europe right now. If that is the case then that puts him well ahead in terms of ability over Walker and Mendy. I don't know enough about Mendy either, but from the few games I've seen of him, both for Monaco and France, he looks very good going forward, but defensively leaves a lot to be desired, similar to Walker. However, we have no idea if we'll even get Sandro tbh, so who knows what will happen. I do think Alonso has been severely underrated considering he has pretty damn solid for us overall. 

I watched Sandro 2 or 3 times and it was all clear to me. You cannot be this good, and in Juve's first squad for years and not be in top 3. Offensive, defensive, dude have got everything. And when you look at the history, he played two great seasons at Juve, and two good seasons at Porto. He for sure isn't one season wonder.

Mendy had only one great season, Walker maybe two very good ones. Nothing comparable with Sandro.

We SHOULD pay 70 millions for Sandro, not a penny will we regret.

EDIT: Why is he ALSO important: If we buy him, we don't need to add that much creativity in midfield. We can then set for more affordable midfielders if Matić leaves.

1 hour ago, Amblève. said:

mendy is a donkey, and walker is southampton level

11 minutes ago, simonez said:

As much as I'd like Chelsea to get Sandro, If people think he is a huge upgrade defensively to Alonso they are wrong.

You could argue how much of an upgrade he is defensively but the fact that Sandro has a lot more pace then Alonso already makes him better equiped to deal with pacey wingers. 

We saw last game that Alonso's lack of pace is a weakness that top teams will gladly exploit. 

1 minute ago, Belgiannutt said:

You could argue how much of an upgrade he is defensively but the fact that Sandro has a lot more pace then Alonso already makes him better equiped to deal with pacey wingers. 

We saw last game that Alonso's lack of pace is a weakness that top teams will gladly exploit. 

He is also somewhat stronger. Alonso is tall, but not strong enough. Only thing same about them is defensive positioning/awareness.

Just now, Belgiannutt said:

Juventus conceded at least from 10 to 12 goals last season because of Sandro being caught out of position.

I'm just saying to those who have watched him only on youtube he is no Ashley Cole.

"They do remain interested in the Juventus LB Alex Sandro. It's thought a bid of £60million would be required if Chelsea are to have any chance to sign Sandro." Dharmesh Sheth

4 minutes ago, simonez said:

Juventus conceded at least from 10 to 12 goals last season because of Sandro being caught out of position.

I'm just saying to those who have watched him only on youtube he is no Ashley Cole.

I think most people know he's not a defensive juggernaut. That's not why we want him. We will likely we playing a Bakayoko- Kante midfield. That's a very defensive midfield. Our front 3 will need a bit of help breaking teams down and that's where Sandro would come in.

15 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

"They do remain interested in the Juventus LB Alex Sandro. It's thought a bid of £60million would be required if Chelsea are to have any chance to sign Sandro." Dharmesh Sheth

Reliable?

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Please some one convince me..... still cant see this at all.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-juventus-altro-tentativo-per-spinazzola-latalanta-non-molla

says Juve wanna recall their LB from loan. He's pretty good. Can only mean one thing!

Trenta presenze con la maglia dell'Atalanta, con cui ha conquistato la qualificazione all'Europa League. Ora il futuro per Leonardo Spinazzola può cambiare: il giocatore, di proprietà della Juventus, è a Bergamo in prestito biennale, che si dovrebbe concludere a giugno 2018. Ma il club bianconero vuole fare di tutto per riportarlo a Torino con un anno di anticipo. I nerazzurri non mollano, vorrebbero trattenerlo fino al termine del contratto, ma sembra che qualche spiraglio si sia aperto nelle ultime ore.

GianlucaDiMarzio.com

stay tune

• Jas locked this topic
  • Jas unlocked this topic