The Conte Thread

Followers 3

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

A number 10 ? Why ?

Because we haven't got one and not had a proper one for years.

Its a important position and not one that we can just put someone there to do it. We need a real playmaker.

Cescy is closest but hes better deeper But as hes not that hot at defending we put him there.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Its a important position and not one that we can just put someone there to do it. We need a real playmaker.

Cescy is closest but hes better deeper But as hes not that hot at defending we put him there.

But we don't play with a 10 under Conte. We play with 2 out and out strikers and 2 wingers

Just now, Belgiannutt said:

But we don't play with a 10 under Conte. We play with 2 out and out strikers and 2 wingers

Thats not set in stone is it.

We need players that we can use as alternatives. As game changers, We lack that.

Antonio Conte wants to add another four players to his #Chelsea squad before the end of the transfer window. [Telegraph]

Cuadrado leave Stamford Bridge, then the door may be open for Conte to bring in Lazio winger Antonio Candreva. [Telegraph]

52 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hazard is a #10 and so is Fabregas. No top team plays with one anyway.

That's what I like to hear! Get some defensive signings and everything else will be icing on the cake.

Also, if we sell Cuadrado (and maybe even another surplus attacker) we should forget about Candreva and throw the kitchen sink at Mahrez. Have Kante recruit him, have his mate Drogba recruit him, and throw Leicester and offer. Maybe if we bid it'll turn his head and he'd push for the move.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Hazard is a #10 and so is Fabregas. No top team plays with one anyway.

Neither of them is a proper number 10.

Cescys more like a deep 10. But he needs far too much time and space to be able to play high up

Need Eden wide. Try to get him running at the line getting behind defenders instead of cutting inside every time.Hes just a straight AM. He doesnt make near emough assists.

• Like 1

I'm really anxious to see what he will do with the team before the end of the window; the likes of Ivanovic, Mikel, Baba, Cuadrado. I think Mourinho royally fucked this team so much that we're in a bit of a precarious position still, even with the good additions so far (the Kante singing was amazing). We were 10th for a reason after all.

I'm also particularly worried about what his plans for Christensen is if he actually is looking for two defenders. Maybe he's he has him as his JT replacement already, who knows?

I love Conte so far. When he gets chances like this to rectify Mourinho's mess, I really hope he gets it right.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Neither of them is a proper number 10.

Cescys more like a deep 10. But he needs far too much time and space to be able to play high up

Need Eden wide. Try to get him running at the line getting behind defenders instead of cutting inside every time.Hes just a straight AM. He doesnt make near emough assists.

Hazard creates the most chances in the League from open play. He doesn't get huge assist numbers because he doesn't take set pieces & we don't have top strikers. Anyway, Hazard takes up central positions all the time and hardly plays like a winger.

Anyway answer my question. Why are you so desperate for a #10 when the top tier teams - Bayern, PSG, Barca, Madrid & Juve don't play with one?

OSCAR REVEALS CHELSEA'S NEW FORMATION UNDER CONTE

The Brazilian has explained how the Blues have been lining up in training ahead of the new Premier League campaign and says the whole team are fresh for the season ahead

Oscar has revealed that Antonio Conte is planning to use a 4-2-4 formation for Chelsea this season.

Chelsea’s new boss often utilised a 3-5-2 system during his time at Juventus and with Italy’s national team at Euro 2016.

But the Brazilian has revealed that the team have been heavily practising the new attack-minded formation during the club’s pre-season campaign.

“The idea is to play 4-2-4,” said Oscar.

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

I can't see this formation working with fabregas in this 4-2-4 formation

Oscar? 

I want to see Oscar as CM

So:

Oscar-Kante

William-Costa- (Fabregas or whoever here) Hazard

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Oscar? 

I want to see Oscar as CM

So:

Oscar-Kante