The Conte Thread

Top 4 should be the goal. This team when Conte took over was an absolute train wreck. We all saw it yesterday. They're timid, conservative and have no confidence. If Conte wins the title this year it would be a damn miracle.

34 minutes ago, Persona said:

Top 4 should be the goal. This team when Conte took over was an absolute train wreck. We all saw it yesterday. They're timid, conservative and have no confidence. If Conte wins the title this year it would be a damn miracle.

Even last season under Guus the team did have some good movements and there was some top class moments all be it poor opposition, but showed that we still have a capable squad.

The chink was down the middle, the City game brutually exposed that, and Antonio has gone along way to fixing that with Kante in and hopefully Koulibaly to follow, could you imagine those ridiculous City counters happening on their watch? No chance.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Juve's pre-season results in Conte's first season hardly looks as bad as that Juve fan suggested.

HgnGFP1.png

His last season at Juve though...

V2mbQ4P.png

actually they're quite accurate if you consider the first two 'friendlies' were against a non-professional team and a 60-minute match (wtf is that anyway). So I suppose everyone considers the Sporting match as the first friendly. And that's a loss followed by two 1-0 wins that for all we know could have been uninspired against a couple of Mexican teams... And Juve seems to like to play their own youth, lol, that's so funny

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'll be happy if we just make the top 4 this season TBH. If we can do it by beating Utd,Citeh and that North London team home n away I'd be over the moon.

if players will seriously follow Conte i think chelsea could arrive in the first two..city is the favourite imho..

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

if players will seriously follow Conte i think chelsea could arrive in the first two..city is the favourite imho..

Ive been round too long to listen to whos favourite. I just want Contes era to be the most successful in our history and to get our character back. We got no idea how Pep n Mou will get on with their new clubs. Owt can happen.

Hull could be the new Leicester!!

For anyone who has been listening to what he's been saying its was always going to be a 4-2-4 or 4-4-2. We don't have the depth to play 3 at the back. Conte used the 4-2-4 before and is going back to it again.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/10/23/antonio-contes-system-isnt-a-4-2-4-but-still-provides-excitement/

To put my mind at ease, how will the two man midfield cope against 4-5 men? will the wingers or even one of the forwards drop into midfield off the ball?

Im sure Conte has a plan round it, if we had one of the members of purist FC I would be worried.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

To put my mind at ease, how will the two man midfield cope against 4-5 men? will the wingers or even one of the forwards drop into midfield off the ball?

Well we don't really know how they will be tactically deployed. Where you start on the pitch doesn't always dictate your assignment. 

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Well in defense Conte's 4-2-4 is just a regular 4-4-2. So i'd assume we'll see our wingers drop deep and tuck inside helping out our midfielders by protecting the central midfield area and essentially becoming "a cm".

Both our strikers will likely drop deep and act as buffers in front of our central midfield forcing the opposition to go wide while also making it more difficult for them to switch play.