The Conte Thread

12 hours ago, dimmas said:

Matic does that almost every game -he is awful at ball, clumsy, his first touch is terrible- but he still get so many appearance under conte

And ffs he is midfielder, which is cost or holding back the team a lot more compare than defender who poor in first touch and ball control. 

I think, as long as zouma not getting constant high pressing from opponent, he still fine or atleast still usefull player

Sometimes i really wondering why matic still playing ahead player like chalobah who still can be useful when play as midfielder, meanwhile chalobah is have a lot better pace, technique, and growing some maturity on this game. But conte still using matic who isnt only have poor technique, clumsy, and sometimes look super awkward on the ball. But he also slow and not really able to intercept the ball or even win aerial duel on the midfield.

As far I know, Matic is one of top tacklers/interception this season. 

He aint always at best and his ball control is weird often, but generaly he is one of main reasons why we have such strong defence. Last year he was poor, but this year he deserves more credit. 

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

As far I know, Matic is one of top tacklers/interception this season. 

Matic has 29 interceptions, he's 55th in the league and 3rd in the team behind Kante and Azpilicueta.

He has 36 tackles. That makes him 46th in the league and 3rd in the team behind Kante and Azpilicueta.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

Matic has 29 interceptions, he's 55th in the league and 3rd in the team behind Kante and Azpilicueta.

He has 36 tackles. That makes him 46th in the league and 3rd in the team behind Kante and Azpilicueta.

Im sure someone posted a pic where he was top among Kante, Azpi, Gueye and another dude in defensive actions. The stats there could be wrong tho.

I think we need to start giving Happy some playing time and eventually displace Azpi from defense and move him to the WB position and move Moses to the bench. Moses is struggling to keep up physically (which is not surprising, he must be among the players that cover the most distance in the team).

Moving forward to next season we need to an upgrade on Cahill and depending on how Zouma fares (you never know how players recover from such a hard knee injury), make it two.

Alonso has been a great stop gap, but he also can't be here as a starter another season, unless he takes great strides (unlikely) from now until the end of the season.

I also hope we have another AM in the window, we can't go with two average players - that despite having good seasons, can have too many invisible matches in Pedro and Willian. Not only we need depth, but we need more quality as well.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Im sure someone posted a pic where he was top among Kante, Azpi, Gueye and another dude in defensive actions. The stats there could be wrong tho.

Maybe earlier in the season? I don't know, I took those figures directly from premierleague.com.

GK: Courtois/Begovic/Eduardo

RCB: Azpilicueta/Zouma/Cahill
CB: Luiz/Cahill/Terry
LCB: Cahill/Aké/Azpilicueta

RWB: Moses/Azpilicueta/Ivanovic (Aina)
RCM: Kanté/Fabregas/Chalobah (Loftus-Cheek)
LCM: Matic/Fabregas/Chalobah (Aké)
LWB: Alonso/Aké/Azpilicueta (Kenedy?)

RW: Pedro/Willian
ST: Costa (Batshuayi)
LW: Hazard/Willian (Musonda?)

I think this is how the coach is looking at the squad right now.

I get the feeling we won't see anyone join. Chels needs upgrades in the positions which need strengthening, which is hard to accomplish in the winter window. If you get 'squad players/backups', you have a problem when the player starting isn't performing up to standards (not because of their form but because of their quality).

Ake's return has provided Conte with the option to shuffle. You could move Azpilicueta to wingback if necessary and play Ake in the back three. Not a fan of Azpilicueta at wingback but you can count on him to do a job. Chels has a love affair with players who can do a job.

But I could be wrong. I don't like how there are just four players for the front three. Michy never plays so I'm excluding him. Maybe Conte and the club agree. Adding forward who can play up top and out wide would be perfect. And I'm not convinced of Aké at wingback. Don't think he possesses the stamina for the role and he's lacking offensively. So maybe a new wingback as well.

A WB who can play both flanks and a versatile forward would be welcome. But again, I don't think we'll see anyone joining.

12 hours ago, DYC. said:

GK: Courtois/Begovic/Eduardo

RCB: Azpilicueta/Zouma/Cahill
CB: Luiz/Cahill/Terry
LCB: Cahill/Aké/Azpilicueta

RWB: Moses/Azpilicueta/Ivanovic (Aina)
RCM: Kanté/Fabregas/Chalobah (Loftus-Cheek)
LCM: Matic/Fabregas/Chalobah (Aké)
LWB: Alonso/Aké/Azpilicueta (Kenedy?)

RW: Pedro/Willian
ST: Costa (Batshuayi)
LW: Hazard/Willian (Musonda?)

I think this is how the coach is looking at the squad right now.

I get the feeling we won't see anyone join. Chels needs upgrades in the positions which need strengthening, which is hard to accomplish in the winter window. If you get 'squad players/backups', you have a problem when the player starting isn't performing up to standards (not because of their form but because of their quality).

Ake's return has provided Conte with the option to shuffle. You could move Azpilicueta to wingback if necessary and play Ake in the back three. Not a fan of Azpilicueta at wingback but you can count on him to do a job. Chels has a love affair with players who can do a job.

But I could be wrong. I don't like how there are just four players for the front three. Michy never plays so I'm excluding him. Maybe Conte and the club agree. Adding forward who can play up top and out wide would be perfect. And I'm not convinced of Aké at wingback. Don't think he possesses the stamina for the role and he's lacking offensively. So maybe a new wingback as well.

A WB who can play both flanks and a versatile forward would be welcome. But again, I don't think we'll see anyone joining.

Imo if we can sign anybody what I really want is one more difference maker. One more quality player to support Hazard and Costa preferably in midfield. Basically if Fabregas is more athletic most of our problem is solved.

12 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Joke found on the Internet.All them FIFA kids not happy with Conte's targets. Lads, just because a computer game gave you £300m to spend, doesn't mean he can do that.

Mate I'm done with most of our fans, for the reason that most are plastic gloryhunting fuckers who only support us when we win (like I said in the Leicester-CFC topic) and for thinking we are going to try to sign Griezmann and Verratti in the january window.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Just been named MOTM for December.:D October, November and now December.

Live long and Blue lets hope

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wins December manager-of-the-month award

Video

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/chelsea/10727247/conte-honoured-by-award

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte poses with the Premier League manager-of-the-month award

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10726960/chelsea-boss-antonio-conte-wins-december-manager-of-the-month-award

https://www.premierleague.com/news/305129

Many congrats to Conte for winning a 3rd straight manager of the month award, thoroughly well deserved, first manager in the history of the premier league to win three in a row, simply amazing, we just keep on making history :D

just a shame Costa didnt win player of the month, because i think he deserved it more, but Ibra had a great month and helped United recover, congrats to him.

, First manager in the history of the premier league to win three in a row,

Thats the bit thats totally amazing. After such a short time in a league he had no experience whatsoever. Its crazy.

I know it sounds cheesey but just imagine what he can do with some time and getting some players HE wants and WE need. Lets hope he keeps his run going! 4 on the trot would blow everyones minds!

1 hour ago, manpe said:

When we were linked to both Allegri and Conte, I said I preferred Allegri. This just proves how stupid I am, I kick myself every day for having unsubstantiated opinions.

Allegri is just profiting off Conte's work at Juventus.

I am everything but amazed at what Allegri has done at Juventus so far. 2 Scudetto's in a row or not.