The Conte Thread

7 minutes ago, Henrique said:

OMFG.

What is embarrassing is saying Azpi  suddenly became a CB after playing 13 games in that position as a 27 years old player. Azpi is not even a LB, he is a RB playing out of position as a CB because Conte didn't have enough CBs available when he decided to play with 3 CBs, but didn't become a CB because the team won 13 straight games while he was playing in that position, he was always a temporary fix. So people are not "suggesting" Azpi is not a CB, they are stating a fact.

Just like Stones is not a CB because he sucks right?

Listen you need to take a pool of games to come to conclusion. You can't just take one game and make up your opinion. 

If you look at the past 10 games has he done good as a CB or bad?

Then that's the answer. 

Some of our fans make it very easy for other team's fans to call all of us plastic. My god some of our fans are really embarrassing. 

Not pointing my finger at some of our users here but also on Twitter, these "popular" Chelsea fan twitter account with the over a thousand followers coming up with "Uh, Conte did have a poor result in Europe with Juve...13 wins are great but still think we should've went for Simeone...Uh"

Do these people really think we were going to win all our games this season? Ridiculous. Conte is working with players he doesn't even wanted to work with in the first place and look what he did. We are still 5 points clear. Arsenal bottled it against the Cherries, Liverpool typically bottled it against fucking Sunderland (and their fans are the most optimistic about their chances now after our Spurs defeat LOL) and those two will have many more fuck ups, because it's in their DNA. City is inconsistent, Spurs is Spurs and United is in a top 4 race as Mou already said.

We still need to go to Anfield. Match of the year for the Scousers to come closer to us. They will give 150% as they always give in big games and maybe even more againstus. Play there as yesterday and Klopp will SCHPÄNK us.
Also, Old Trafford where Mourinhochester United wants to take revenge on us for that embarrassing 4-0 loss against us on the Bridhe. And it's also Chelsea vs Mourinho so he fires the match up even more.
Everton at Goodison Park. Difficult away game as always and they also give their all for that 5-0 beating we gave them.
Then there is still Arsenal and City at the Bridge and many other away games who can turn difficult to us. Next Premier League game is Leicester at the King Power. It's not going to be easy.

This is the Premier League. 5 points clear in this League is absolutely nothing. It's enough for a Juventus in the Serie A, Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga or a Laurent Blanc PSG in Ligue 1 but not for Chelsea. Not for 'Pool or Arsenal. For no one. And the reason is that we have much more competition in this League. Difficult opponents. But also, because teams like Juventus and Bayern Munich do have MUCH better players than we do.

On to Leicester at the King Power stadium. A MUST win. We can't fuck up there like City did. We need to get those 3 points to stay ahead. Those 5 points clear are like snow in the sun: gone before you know it. 

Dedicating my avatar from now on to the one and only Johan Lokhorst. An non-football ex-director at the KNVB (Dutch FA) who said the legendary saying last year when the Dutch national team was going to miss out on the EURO 2016:

We must put everything on the fact that from now on, we have to win every single game.

Seeing calendar January is the month that can give you the victory of PL:

Leicester (14 january),Liverpool (31 january) and Arsenal (February 4)

If you can get at least 7 points in these 3 games Chelsea will put a mortgage on PL.Conte's team rarely lose points against "small" team maybe some draw but not defeat.Direct clashes in April with MU and City might be irrelevant for purposes of the rankings

I'm still very optimistic, but if we win the title at the end of a season, it will be because of our remarkable and out-of-this-world fight, focus, spirit, etc brought by Conte and followed by players. NOT as a product of our insane team and player quality. And that is the hardest way - fighting every game for a win, most frequently till last minutes, being dominated in the middle of field in big games and still winning on counter attacks.

From what I saw, we only dominated Man United in the middle, speaking about big teams. With Spurs in first game we were so-so and terrible until half time and Pedros' perfectly timed wonder-strike which gave us a lift; City dominated us totally, Arsenal and slightly Liverpool too (not with 3-4-3 though), and now Spurs slightly dominated. We lack technically gifted players in middle, our midfield just cannot cope with big boys and we cannot always rely on counter-attacks, because some teams know how to defend.

I would kill for one player in mold of Dembele for our middle, from cheaper options. Of course Verratti, Vidal or some other world-class player will do, but even Dembele will be ok. In place of Matić, or even maaaybe Kante in some games, depends of who we bring. It would really improve our play and make all the things a lot easier. Upgrade on Alonso/Cahill or even Moses is needed, too, anyone of them. Right AM too, Pedro disappeared against Spurs, or anyone with big muscles, actually. And don't give me this "we don't need new players, let's wait until summer" crap. We are now having best chance in years to win a league, and we will need all help available. We won't have chance like this often, some of Manchesters, Liverpool or even Spurs could be world beaters next year. Time is now, let's win this shit!

Also, I was totally for a new players even before this Spurs game, of course. They actually gave everyone of our fans, who thought that this team is even close to Drogba-Lampard-Terry-Cole-Čech team, a good reality-check.

Hard work is great, fighting is great, but let's bring some quality reinforcements!

Our performances have gone down during the festive period because of our thin squad.

Now that is over and we'll be back in a month to the one week per game schedule I think we'll be slightly better. Not spectacular but good enough to get the job done.

The record also played a part in my eyes and from a lot Juve supporters Conte seem obsessed with these kind of things. They say he basically sacrificed a Europa league final in their own stadium just to trash Sassuolo for some kind of Seria A record (most points or undefeated I'm not so sure).

Losing yesterday was bound to happen someday. It sucks it was against Spurs but better than let's say versus Liverpool just days before a game against Arsenal.

We're still in the driver's seat and one loss doesn't change that. If we continue our form against the sides outside top 6 for the second half of the season it won't matter that much if we loses some points at the end of this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ledgi said:

Our performances have gone down during the festive period because of our thin squad.

Now that is over and we'll be back in a month to the one week per game schedule I think we'll be slightly better. Not spectacular but good enough to get the job done.

The record also played a part in my eyes and from a lot Juve supporters Conte seem obsessed with these kind of things. They say he basically sacrificed a Europa league final in their own stadium just to trash Sassuolo for some kind of Seria A record (most points or undefeated I'm not so sure).

Losing yesterday was bound to happen someday. It sucks it was against Spurs but better than let's say versus Liverpool just days before a game against Arsenal.

We're still in the driver's seat and one loss doesn't change that. If we continue our form against the sides outside top 6 for the second half of the season it won't matter that much if we loses some points at the end of this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You reading my mind??!!

great post!

Yes we are very thin and dont have that strong of a bench to rely on neither.

Another thing that worries meis Ive read that Conte is 'wary' of having 8 HG players out of the 25 allowed  Right now we have 6. BUT with rumours of Bego going on loan, JT out of here it leaves us with 4.

I dont quite understand the under 21 suppliment but seems we rely on them somewhat.  RLC,Tomori,Aina,Solanke plus Kenedy/Musonda training with 1st team right now.

Well we are pretty sure those under 21s wont see tyhe ball wearing blue - also RLC off on loan none too soon So we are desperately short of HG players.

So WTF we gonna do guys?

3 hours ago, El P. said:

I'm still very optimistic, but if we win the title at the end of a season, it will be because of our remarkable and out-of-this-world fight, focus, spirit, etc brought by Conte and followed by players. NOT as a product of our insane team and player quality. And that is the hardest way - fighting every game for a win, most frequently till last minutes, being dominated in the middle of field in big games and still winning on counter attacks.

From what I saw, we only dominated Man United in the middle, speaking about big teams. With Spurs in first game we were so-so and terrible until half time and Pedros' perfectly timed wonder-strike which gave us a lift; City dominated us totally, Arsenal and slightly Liverpool too (not with 3-4-3 though), and now Spurs slightly dominated. We lack technically gifted players in middle, our midfield just cannot cope with big boys and we cannot always rely on counter-attacks, because some teams know how to defend.

I would kill for one player in mold of Dembele for our middle, from cheaper options. Of course Verratti, Vidal or some other world-class player will do, but even Dembele will be ok. In place of Matić, or even maaaybe Kante in some games, depends of who we bring. It would really improve our play and make all the things a lot easier. Upgrade on Alonso/Cahill or even Moses is needed, too, anyone of them. Right AM too, Pedro disappeared against Spurs, or anyone with big muscles, actually. And don't give me this "we don't need new players, let's wait until summer" crap. We are now having best chance in years to win a league, and we will need all help available. We won't have chance like this often, some of Manchesters, Liverpool or even Spurs could be world beaters next year. Time is now, let's win this shit!

Also, I was totally for a new players even before this Spurs game, of course. They actually gave everyone of our fans, who thought that this team is even close to Drogba-Lampard-Terry-Cole-Čech team, a good reality-check.

Hard work is great, fighting is great, but let's bring some quality reinforcements!

That team are on another level due to the support players, the actual spine of the sides is closer than people think.  If we keep evolving in the windows we have the potential to match our 04-10 squads.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That team are on another level due to the support players, the actual spine of the sides is closer than people think.  If we keep evolving in the windows we have the potential to match our 04-10 squads.

Spine of Costa-Hazard-Kante-Azpi-Courtois is great, I agree!

Tottenham's tactics

1.) Get the ball to Walker and Eriksen and create an overload with Alonso
2.) Force Cahill to come across to help
3.) Make sure David Luiz is busy with Kane
4.) Dele Alli makes a forward run to get on the end of crosses vs Azpi and Moses

We had no answer…

We have Cahill who was too slow to close down erikson, while walker was occupying Alonso, hazard can't come back to defend that space Cahill leaves as well as Willian/Pedro  on the right and combined with an easy person to beat in the air in Azpilicueta, this is a weakness. Mancity did it with DeBruyne and now tottenham with erikson. 

If we're not going to get into the market and improve on the quality of our wide players and central midfielders, we have to play 3-5-2 against the big teams from now on. The third midfielder will cover that space where Cahill doesn't like closing down the diagonal crosser and hazard doesn't cover that space effectively.

Thankfully tottenham scored us from two similar goals so Conte should spot that obvious weakness before our big games against liverpool and Arsenal. Giroud will eat Azpi alive if ozil is allowed to put early diagonal crosses from the Alonso-cahill-matic triangle.  

2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Tottenham's tactics

1.) Get the ball to Walker and Eriksen and create an overload with Alonso
2.) Force Cahill to come across to help
3.) Make sure David Luiz is busy with Kane
4.) Dele Alli makes a forward run to get on the end of crosses vs Azpi and Moses

We had no answer…

We have Cahill who was too slow to close down erikson, while walker was occupying Alonso, hazard can't come back to defend that space Cahill leaves as well as Willian/Pedro  on the right and combined with an easy person to beat in the air in Azpilicueta, this is a weakness. Mancity did it with DeBruyne and now tottenham with erikson. 

If we're not going to get into the market and improve on the quality of our wide players and central midfielders, we have to play 3-5-2 against the big teams from now on. The third midfielder will cover that space where Cahill doesn't like closing down the diagonal crosser and hazard doesn't cover that space effectively.

Thankfully tottenham scored us from two similar goals so Conte should spot that obvious weakness before our big games against liverpool and Arsenal. Giroud will eat Azpi alive if ozil is allowed to put early diagonal crosses from the Alonso-cahill-matic triangle.  

Good you named Giroud. One of the best strikers in the League when it comes down to headers. Unbelievable Zlatan couldn't beat Azpi back on october 23th last year...

Like I said: Virgil van Dijk. Not biased because that guy is Dutch but because he's a huge (read in Donald Trump: YUGE) guy who can take out these type of opponents. If we had a defender like him taking out Alli, he wouldn't scored those 2 identical goals. 

8 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Good you named Giroud. One of the best strikers in the League when it comes down to headers. Unbelievable Zlatan couldn't beat Azpi back on october 23th last year...

Like I said: Virgil van Dijk. Not biased because that guy is Dutch but because he's a huge (read in Donald Trump: YUGE) guy who can take out these type of opponents. If we had a defender like him taking out Alli, he wouldn't scored those 2 identical goals. 

Not just the marking of Alli, but the freedom of the world erikson had to cross is annoying. Kante and Azpi would never allow that kind of space because of how fast they close down space. But on the Alonso-cahill-matic area they're all slow, only Matic presses the rest back off and KDB and now erikson have the freedom to ping easy diagonal crosses. It's a weakness that ruins our tactics and we must fix it, because now every team have watched this game and will try it all match long till they score. 

23 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Alonso-Cahill-Matic is our weak "Pyramid" I believe.

Out of those 3 I will stay with Matic. 

Alonso and Cahill are very limited. 

Hence my point that Conte has out perform. 

Get rid of Cahill for someone like van dyke, and Alonso get Bertrand back or someone like that.