The Conte Thread

Just like mourinho did with Ranieri at chelsea ?? 

...Mourinho is the better manager and already did great things at Porto. Allegri is nothing special. Won one scudetto at his time in Milan but nothing more and when Conte came to Juve, Milan went down. Not necessarily because of Allegri, but he couldn't turn the tide whereas Conte could at Juventus who finished low in the Serie A table the previous years.

I'd be happy if someone could find records of any other team in the Premier League, Italy, or Spain having 12 clean sheets out of 15 or so games. I haven't heard of such streaks personally. Not from Barcelona, Bayern, United, etc. The only 2 teams that I imagine could've achieved this in modern times is City/Juve, but, I see nothing online.

6 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I thought he said he didnt know if Costa would be fit for the next game.

Hmmm ok. Have to make sure with the language barrier. Sometime its easy to get things twisted that way.

It sounded bad listening to it when the guy kept pressing him about would he play if he didnt have any fitness issues and Conte just said "He didnt know".

He's like the friendly, warm Mafia boss. He's like a dad to you. He always showers you in compliments, cars, motivation. But you can see that in those eyes, that if you do cross him, it's nothing to him to have you disposed. He feels so confident in his own shoes that if you were half an inch from his eyelids he wouldn't blink. He knows that before anyone even touches him, he has power over them. What a boss. I want to come up with a Conte tattoo that isn't stupid. It's gonna be hard but will be done.

Just give Antonio a contract for life. I'm over the moon with the way he has handled buisness. From the players, staff and media, this club has the look and feel of a family and what a statement by Conte's men today in the face of fake news attempts by fan boy journalists of other clubs trying desperately to unsettle them. Media took a fat L today. 

19 minutes ago, Leif said:

He's like the friendly, warm Mafia boss. He's like a dad to you. He always showers you in compliments, cars, motivation. But you can see that in those eyes, that if you do cross him, it's nothing to him to have you disposed. He feels so confident in his own shoes that if you were half an inch from his eyelids he wouldn't blink. He knows that before anyone even touches him, he has power over them. What a boss. I want to come up with a Conte tattoo that isn't stupid. It's gonna be hard but will be done.

I haven't answered my own question here, but the longest PL streak at least, was 9 games by United, I'm not sure when. We didn't manage that, we got 6 games without conceding. But still, 12 cleanies out of 15, not sure if anyone else has gone quite that far.

I've noticed how many goals/goalscoring situations that have been created from Azpilicueta stepping into midfield and crossing in the box. But Cahill doesn't do it on the other side, and always looks awkward on the ball when he has possession. Conte always had a left-footed centerback who stepped up from the left and created chances.(Cheilini)

I'm hoping Ake performs this role once he's learned our tactics because he's far more comfortable on the ball than both Cahill and Azpi. We could score more goals if we have a threat from both sides. If Ake makes our backline look too small (bcos of Azpi) then Alonso can play there in the left centerback role where he's very experienced in, while Ake plays in the wingback position.

3 hours ago, iceboy said:

Life.

Thers nothing better than being at an away match and out singing the home team.

I have always loved going away with the lads evern more than home games. And yesterday the travellers did us p[roud. I watched the tunnel camera at full time and all yoiu heard was ANTONIO. Musta made him feel good. And Leicesters faces said it all.

I didn't know where else to post this but as he wiill be working close with him it seemed apt.

Former CSKA Moscow boss Leonid Slutsky set for analyst role at Chelsea

Former CSKA Moscow and Russia boss Leonid Slutsky attended Chelsea’s victory over Leicester City amid reports that he will be given a role in the club’s analytics department.

Besides making trend for half of PL teams to play 3 man defences, even Real tried that tonight, albeit lost.

Maybe its not Conte effect, but timing couldnt be more curious why everyone suddenly tries to play that formation.