Alessio Romagnoli

the wes

Really don't understand this. Loan out Christensen and bring in Romagnoli? Romagnoli wasn't even good last season.

Chelsea have no need for a developing CB. They already have two in the ranks. The team needs a player in the centre who will perform now, not later.

But if you're going to buy a young developing CB, buy one who just came off a strong season because he's joining a mess of a defence.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DYC. said:

But if you're going to buy a young developing CB, buy one who just came off a strong season because he's joining a mess of a defence.

Do you have a player in mind?

Just now, AK-3001 said:

Do you have a player in mind?

I'd rather not buy a a CB in development but young defenders like Leverkussen's Tah and Hoffenheim's Sule showed a lot of promise. Same goes for Umtiti and Bailly, of course they've already been poached. Gimenez and Marquinhos are also players who have shown great potential over the past few years.

8 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I'd rather not buy a a CB in development but young defenders like Leverkussen's Tah and Hoffenheim's Sule showed a lot of promise. Same goes for Umtiti and Bailly, of course they've already been poached. Gimenez and Marquinhos are also players who have shown great potential over the past few years.

Then again, how many are in the market? Umtiti was already snapped up by Barcelona and Bailly by Mourinho. Tah and Sule aren't in the market right now. I am not sure at all about Marquinhos cause he doesn't seem to have the physicality of the Premier League. Gimenez, honestly, I have not seen him play so much, but he was praised for his performances last season and if he is in the market, he is definitely one to look at, although I don't see Simeone selling any of his talented young players so easily. 

Romagnoli on the other hand has a lot of potential, he is being touted as the next big thing in Italy and we know how Italians defend and what expectations they have from their defenders. Also, he is only 21. I won't avoid signing him just because his team didn't perform well in Serie A.

1 minute ago, AK-3001 said:

Then again, how many are in the market? Umtiti was already snapped up by Barcelona and Bailly by Mourinho. Tah and Sule aren't in the market right now. I am not sure at all about Marquinhos cause he doesn't seem to have the physicality of the Premier League. Gimenez, honestly, I have not seen him play so much, but he was praised for his performances last season and if he is in the market, he is definitely one to look at, although I don't see Simeone selling any of his talented young players so easily. 

Romagnoli on the other hand has a lot of potential, he is being touted as the next big thing in Italy and we know how Italians defend and what expectations they have from their defenders. Also, he is only 21. I won't avoid signing him just because his team didn't perform well in Serie A.

No one is in the market. That's been the story of the summer. Money talks in the end.

That's the thing. Chelsea already possess two next big things in Zouma and Christensen. And again, why send him on loan to bring in Romagnoli?

I can already imagine Romagnoli joining and most likely struggling to impress and failing to improve Chelsea's defence. One group will say 'oh he's young, he needs time to adjust, it's his team mates fault he's struggling', while another group will call him overrated, a flop and a stupid purchase. Of course there's a chance he'd join and impress but the odds are against him.

Chelsea need someone who will perform now. If that player isn't available, you have to be patient. No point in buying for the sake of buying.

21 minutes ago, DYC. said:

No one is in the market. That's been the story of the summer. Money talks in the end.

That's the thing. Chelsea already possess two next big things in Zouma and Christensen. And again, why send him on loan to bring in Romagnoli?

I can already imagine Romagnoli joining and most likely struggling to impress and failing to improve Chelsea's defence. One group will say 'oh he's young, he needs time to adjust, it's his team mates fault he's struggling', while another group will call him overrated, a flop and a stupid purchase. Of course there's a chance he'd join and impress but the odds are against him.

Chelsea need someone who will perform now. If that player isn't available, you have to be patient. No point in buying for the sake of buying.

No point in buying someone young. We definitely need to have someone at the back. This is the same backline we had last season and we struggled, especially at home when teams play on the counter and our backline has absolutely no pace left.

I just hope we don't pull off another Papy.

I really have hard time believing in this. Let me explain.

1) Last year Chelsea were in the hunt for CB as well. Tell me how Cfc weren't after him when they were in talks with Roma about Salah. The same Roma that were actively trying to sell Romagnoli. If Chelsea rated him, they would sign him off Roma, easy deal. Did he has some stellar season that changed Chelsea opinion on him ? No. So maybe the coach has influence here ?

2) Ah, the coach. The same that was ommiting him every time in his selection ? Even Daniele Rugani who barely played had call-ups ahead of him.

3) Isn't timing a bit off here ? Why so late, so rush, offers increased at such pace ? These are competitive people that are dealing with these matters, they have everything planned and calculated, it all seems unnatural.

For me it looks like a hoax, someone is leaking about those "offers". A good way to show to Napoli "Hey, you don't want our money, someone else will fancy them".

11 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

1) Last year Chelsea were in the hunt for CB as well. Tell me how Cfc weren't after him when they were in talks with Roma about Salah. The same Roma that were actively trying to sell Romagnoli. If Chelsea rated him, they would sign him off Roma, easy deal. Did he has some stellar season that changed Chelsea opinion on him ? No. So maybe the coach has influence here ?

2) Ah, the coach. The same that was ommiting him every time in his selection ? Even Daniele Rugani who barely played had call-ups ahead of him.

3) Isn't timing a bit off here ? Why so late, so rush, offers increased at such pace ? These are competitive people that are dealing with these matters, they have everything planned and calculated, it all seems unnatural.

For me it looks like a hoax, someone is leaking about those "offers". A good way to show to Napoli "Hey, you don't want our money, someone else will fancy them".

Too many good sources to be calling it a Hoax honestly. Telegraph nailed it for me that we are interested.

35 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Too many good sources to be calling it a Hoax honestly. Telegraph nailed it for me that we are interested.

Just because someone told them, perhaps someone well-connected at Chelsea, doesn't make it so. If you're going to engage in a hoax you have to start by making it convincing. :-) 

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just because someone told them, perhaps someone well-connected at Chelsea, doesn't make it so. If you're going to engage in a hoax you have to start by making convincing. :-) 

Could be, but I honestly don't think these bids are a hoax, until someone from Milan comes out to say they haven't received any bids yet. I think Koulibaly saga is done and we won't get him in this window, unless of course, by some miracle we manage to sign him this week.

Whatever the case may be, I am dreading the fact that we have Cahill, Terry and Ivanovic as our preferred defenders still and in case we don't sign someone in this window, Hazard and Costa and co will have a lot of pressure to score, because I genuinely don't see us doing any good at the back. 

11 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Could be, but I honestly don't think these bids are a hoax, until someone from Milan comes out to say they haven't received any bids yet. I think Koulibaly saga is done and we won't get him in this window, unless of course, by some miracle we manage to sign him this week.

Whatever the case may be, I am dreading the fact that we have Cahill, Terry and Ivanovic as our preferred defenders still and in case we don't sign someone in this window, Hazard and Costa and co will have a lot of pressure to score, because I genuinely don't see us doing any good at the back. 

Well we can't know but, right or wrong, I thought BCS made an interesting argument.

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

You are reading too much into this. The reason Conte went for Rugani and even Ogbonna instead of Romagnoli was because the former two were already used to playing with the Italian BBC and more importantly playing in a 3-5-2. That's it and nothing more.

People need to realize it's far too late in the transfer window for Chelsea to use a 'hoax'. I believe it's more the case of Chelsea hurrying up the process so that in case of a complete rejection they have enough time to pursue the next alternative, Maksimovic.

The Chinese owners of AC Milan have rejected our new offer and will block any new offer coming from Chelsea. Chelstransfer on Twitter and many others reporting it.

At the same time Napoli is improving their bid for Maksimovic. So in the end, Chelsea will be standing in the corner of the room crying with empty hands.

Haha. People slamming me yesterday because I already warned for this and now it's actually happening. Get ready for more Cahill and Ivanovic.

542b0dadee0aa808df23cedb79337322.jpg

2a7971757a9cef3942d131d9b91881a1.jpg

16 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

The Chinese owners of AC Milan have rejected our new offer and will block any new offer coming from Chelsea. Chelstransfer on Twitter and many others reporting it.

At the same time Napoli is improving their bid for Maksimovic. So in the end, Chelsea will be standing in the corner of the room crying with empty hands.

Haha. People slamming me yesterday because I already warned for this and now it's actually happening. Get ready for more Cahill and Ivanovic.

I hope you're real proud of yourself. Chelsea may be fucked but at least RuudiGullit was right about it on the internet!

37 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

542b0dadee0aa808df23cedb79337322.jpg

2a7971757a9cef3942d131d9b91881a1.jpg

So you are believing Express? Really? 

No wonder you get so much stick. You need to go see a psychiatrist. Too much negativity.

So you are believing Express? Really? 

No wonder you get so much stick. You need to go see a psychiatrist. Too much negativity.

Mirror is also reporting it and David Amayol from Di Marzio already stated many times on Twitter that AC Milan's new owners have no intention to sell him.

If they were reporting "AC MILAN CONSIDERING CHELSEA ROMAGNOLI BID" you would be sucking your own tits.

11 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

Mirror is also reporting it and David Amayol from Di Marzio already stated many times on Twitter that AC Milan's new owners have no intention to sell him.

If they were reporting "AC MILAN CONSIDERING CHELSEA ROMAGNOLI BID" you would be sucking your own tits.

Mirror.. Express.. 

I don't care if we don't get Romagnoli as long as we are active in the market, we should get a defender who's available. How can you blame the club if the other clubs don't want to sell their players? 

And I guess you were trying to be funny at the end? I would have laughed if it was funny. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You