• Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Mikel
    • Costa
    • Remy (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Good point. Liverpool comes at a good time for them though. Leicester have over a week off while during that time Liverpool have 2 cup games and also when you take into consideration the injuries they already have, Leicester could not be playing them at a better time.

True and I doubt Klopp would rotate much this time around especially in the FA Cup since they'll be facing West Ham (that is assuming he intends to take that competition seriously).

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well at least if the Arse do win the title, we can at least say that we, in no way helped them at all. And on the flip side, we would be mightily close to the relegation zone without those priceless six points. Thank You Mr Wenger.....I really think you are a closet Chelsea fan :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

But he didn't impede him at all. Costa just dove. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? There isn't any clever ruling to this, the referee saw an incident and made a call, an incorrect call but from the ref's view Costa's dive was a convincing one. 

Should have fouled and red carded Gabriel when he came on, his ugly mug would have impeded half the stadium (without touching of course).

He did impede him by sliding between his legs and not getting the ball he forces him to jump and breaks his sprint so that the other defender has a better chance of catching up to him. You can't make a challenge at a player and not get the ball. Even if you miss the player, it is still a foul. That is literally the rule.

The referee made the right call as 2 international refs just confirmed in the post match analysis in the beIN studio.

Yes, Costa dived, but that irrelevant to the call.

Two stats/facts:

1. Chelsea have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 Premier League away games.

2. Chelsea's last 5 goals at the Emirates Stadium in all competitions have been scored by Spanish players - Torres, Mata (twice), Azpilicueta, Costa.

3. Chelsea have won 2 Premier League games in a month for the first time this season.

9 minutes ago, Stats said:

Good point. Liverpool comes at a good time for them though. Leicester have over a week off while during that time Liverpool have 2 cup games and also when you take into consideration the injuries they already have, Leicester could not be playing them at a better time.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

True and I doubt Klopp would rotate much this time around especially in the FA Cup since they'll be facing West Ham (that is assuming he intends to take that competition seriously).

Slow your roll bros - we are talking about the Tinkerman - We as CFC fans have seen this before - he might over think it & make a position change to foil his best plans - still I love Tinkerman & only wish the best for him

If you watch the incident with Per and Costa again there is a slight touch on Costa's foot that is still on the ground not enough that he goes down the way he did or to stop him from continuing on towards goal but its there. Ian Wright former Arsenal player himself said it was definite red card offense. I don't see why people here are taking it as a way to get at Diego Costa for showing a bit of the dark arts of football

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

He did impede him by sliding between his legs and not getting the ball he forces him to jump and breaks his sprint so that the other defender has a better chance of catching up to him. You can't make a challenge at a player and not get the ball. Even if you miss the player, it is still a foul. That is literally the rule.

The referee made the right call as 2 international refs just confirmed in the post match analysis in the beIN studio.

Yes, Costa dived, but that irrelevant to the call.

That is the silliest rule in the sport. What a joke.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

But he didn't impede him at all. Costa just dove. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? There isn't any clever ruling to this, the referee saw an incident and made a call, an incorrect call but from the ref's view Costa's dive was a convincing one. 

So a bloke goes for a tackle, misses the ball and me, I hop over his leg and fall over, but since he tried to tackle me it's a foul? Haha, nonsense. It's my fault for having poor balance.

Should have fouled and red carded Gabriel when he came on, his ugly mug would have impeded half the stadium (without touching of course).

It is a clear red card mate!!..Even arsenal fans are saying that

If you see it in real time. not by video replay..slight touch is enough for a player in full sprint to fall down

5 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

It is a clear red card mate!!..Even arsenal fans are saying that

If you see it in real time. not by video replay..slight touch is enough for a player in full sprint to fall down

Read my post about it in the match thread. I literally said it was a red, I wasn't arguing that it wasn't. I was arguing about a stupid rule.