• Remy (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy to beat the most disgusting team in the world with the most annoying manager ever! 

Sad that we don't get to play them again this season. :)

The game was difficult when they had 11 players. Or passing was sloppier and they looked sharper.

i disagree that there was a need for the red though. That's a very personal and consistent disagreement that I have with the pundits. They call a play correct - in this case a red - if the play could have led to a red as it did.

My take is that removing a player from a team, with a red card, is so drastic and detrimental to the spectacle that if there is a slight possibility of not showing a red the ref should not show it.

Diegos sublime first touch was key in driving the red card though.

i will obviously take it. :)

1 hour ago, chelseamabz said:

Anyone else think that Hazard looked out of shape and had a bit of belly going on? Looked chubby and slow from my observation. 

Hard to train when injured :(

hopefully, he can work it off in training next few weeks :)

Must also give a huge thumbs up to the travelling support today. They were all I could hear on the TV. Only time I heard Arsenal supporters was when they booed Costa and Fabregas. (Well I suppose they didn't have much to sing about!!!!!)

Truly amazing support Chelsea....Well done guys (and Gals) :worship::worship2:

2 hours ago, Spike said:

How do you know he was attempting to trip? You don't know that, you've assumed that. You literally have no clue what Mertesacker was thinking, I doubt Mertesacker knows what Mertesacker was thinking.

That is the stupidest rule of any sport I've had the (dis)privileged of knowing. Attempted trip even with no contact? So if Diego Costa would have kept running it still would have been a red? Ridiculous that an 'attempted trip' with no contact still warrants a foul or red card. Absolute nonsense, my friend stop trying to justify it, there is no need to. Point being, that the referee saw something happen in the heat of the moment, he thought there was contact and he made a call. Happens all the time in this sport and it is the way it should be. I'm against video refereeing having seen it ruin the sport of rugby league in Australia. The referee doesn't get the luxury of seeing an incident twenty times in slowmo with different angles. Arsenal fans just need to deal with that reality.

Maybe Spike just needs a different point of view to explain the reasoning why that is a red card challenge by Mertesacker. This gooner explains the law of the game very well.

29 minutes ago, robdog said:

Maybe Spike just needs a different point of view to explain the reasoning why that is a red card challenge by Mertesacker. This gooner explains the law of the game very well.

Arsenal fans and channel are comedy gold. Giroud the" best striker in the premiership"? Last year he only was "a useless lamppost,  the average striker you get when only spending 10 m". Let's hope they never realise this channel is more entertaining for non arse fans than for gooners. That guys right about the red tho. As soon as merte attempts the vain challenge, there is no way Costa can continue his run whether he makes contact, dives or does a backflip from there.

Just read this on the guardian match report. Apparently from an Arsixnil fan but can't vouch for authenticity.... Shows there is more to Diego Costa the person....

"I started following Arsenal in the 70s and I have seen all the ups and downs of this great club. Now my wife and I run an orphanage, a small one on the outskirts of London. We are not rich and it has been very hard to run the place, what with it falling to pieces from wind and rain and the safety of children at stake. 

I had been let go off my job 2 years back and I've not had the strength in my bones to go back and search for jobs against younger people. Thus I've had to ask for funds more than necessary and funds have dried out mostly with more glamorous charities getting all the funding from footballers and celebrities. I had put up a few fliers in London and left it at that knowing that I'd have to file for bankruptcy sooner than later. I had contacted some of my friends at Arsenal and tried to wangle a few of my oldest friends to approach the players as a last resort. But it seemed that all the players were busy and I couldn't get anything at all to go on and approach them.

This happened in October last year. After 2 days of my putting up fliers, I received a call from someone who spoke only Spanish. I thought it was some nut calling and gave the phone to my mother who is of Spanish descent. She said that someone was asking for the directions to come and visit. I, apprehensive and unbelieving, gave the details and never expected them to come. After 3 hours or so, a very high class car, a BMW came to our driveway. Out stepped Diego Costa and Willian. I was visibly disgusted but Diego Costa didn't mind. They spoke primarily to my mother and the Spanish caretaker. He doesn't speak a word of English but the goodness of his heart doesn't need words.

They gave 50k pounds, each of them. It has kept us up and running till now and will do for the next 3 months or so. The next time I met Costa was last Thursday, when he came and gave 30 blankets from the Chelsea store. He also invited me to Lagarta where he is running a school for 200. I also got complimentary tickets to today's game and I went to the Emirates for the first time since 2008 because I can't afford the season ticket price nowadays.

I know that these boards have an anti-Chelsea bias but I signed on to the guardian today to tell only this even though Diego told us to keep it unknown to others. I love Arsenal. But me, my family and the 56 kids i now tender to love Diego Costa more. I wrote this earlier knowing that Arsenal would win almost surely but hell, this team has given me more grief than anything else in life.

I cried after the match as an Arsenal fan. But I was happy inside as a Diego Costa and Willian fan. I read the comments on the article about the philanthropy of PL footballers to London but I was amazed that that Diego wasn't mentioned. I felt it was just the right time to pen this. Thank you for reading through."

1 hour ago, robdog said:

For the second time, I never said it wasn't a red. I was arguing about a silly rule. Read my posts in the actual match thread. Geeez, maybe I should put that post in my signature so there will be no more misunderstandings.

Must also give a huge thumbs up to the travelling support today. They were all I could hear on the TV. Only time I heard Arsenal supporters was when they booed Costa and Fabregas. (Well I suppose they didn't have much to sing about!!!!!)

Truly amazing support Chelsea....Well done guys (and Gals) :worship::worship2:

not forgetting that we were applauding Petr Cech.

And those Islington oiks always bang on about class...yeah right ho !