• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

If only we hadn't messed up against West Brom and Everton! :doh::rant:

and Bournemouth, Watford...the list goes on...the season has been a trainwreck, but thanks to the gooners for giving us a so needed laugh - I hope this win bouys Don Claudio & his foxes to the title

9 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Not having any nonsense about the red card. Yes, there was no contact, but there doesn't need to be contact for it to be a foul. Mertsacker was never going to get the ball and the rule is it's a foul if he 'trips or attempts to trip an opponent' and he clearly was attempting to trip Costa.

Also, that was almost literally the only decision we got all game. In the first 5 minutes Clattenburg let Flamini off for a late tackle on Azpi then booked Oscar a minute later. We had two penalties not given, not to mention that every 50-50 went they way.

So the arse wankers can sod off! 

How do you know he was attempting to trip? You don't know that, you've assumed that. You literally have no clue what Mertesacker was thinking, I doubt Mertesacker knows what Mertesacker was thinking.

That is the stupidest rule of any sport I've had the (dis)privileged of knowing. Attempted trip even with no contact? So if Diego Costa would have kept running it still would have been a red? Ridiculous that an 'attempted trip' with no contact still warrants a foul or red card. Absolute nonsense, my friend stop trying to justify it, there is no need to. Point being, that the referee saw something happen in the heat of the moment, he thought there was contact and he made a call. Happens all the time in this sport and it is the way it should be. I'm against video refereeing having seen it ruin the sport of rugby league in Australia. The referee doesn't get the luxury of seeing an incident twenty times in slowmo with different angles. Arsenal fans just need to deal with that reality.

1 minute ago, robdog said:

and Bournemouth, Watford...the list goes on...the season has been a trainwreck, but thanks to the gooners for giving us a so needed laugh - I hope this win bouys Don Claudio & his foxes to the title

I am still hoping for City to win it, purely because I still continue to doubt Leicester will last. City is more of a realistic winner so therefore I gun for them. One thing though is we play Leicester last. I hope it is not a situation where if we win we hand Arsenal the title. That will be dreadful so I really hope that the title race does not go down to the end. Especially if it involves Leicester.

Just now, Stats said:

I am still hoping for City to win it, purely because I still continue to doubt Leicester will last. City is more of a realistic winner so therefore I gun for them. One thing though is we play Leicester last. I hope it is not a situation where if we win we hand Arsenal the title. That will be dreadful so I really hope that the title race does not go down to the end. Especially if it involves Leicester.

Yeah but I liked Tinkerman when he was gaffer for CFC - those were pleasant days - we didn't know which Chelsea we would get & sometimes there was good & sometimes there was bad - best case in point was the 2004 UCL run - defeated the gooners but lost to Monanco...that sums up the life of a CFC fan right there

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Leicester's next 3 games are horrendous - Liverpool (H), Man City (A) and Arsenal (A). If they can get 4-5 points out of those matches, then they would have done well. After that, they don't play any of the so called bigger sides until the third last game when they go to United.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

So if Diego Costa would have kept running it still would have been a red? 

No because he would not have stopped a clear cut chance then, would he? :rolleyes: The ref would have played advantage.

Yes, if a player slides at an opposition player's feet, between his legs, without getting the ball, then that's a foul. It sounds fairly obvious to me... 

When Arsenal had the corner in the stoppage time and Cech was running to our box, I had a feeling he was going to score, similar to Lampard for City last season. My lord, thank god this was not the case.

Our season might be pretty shitty but I am so happy we just made Arsenal's title challenge a bit more difficult.

Our record at the Emirates is not that bad either. I believe we have actually the best away record there, just like at Old Trafford. I love that, Chels!

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

No because he would not have stopped a clear cut chance then, would he? :rolleyes: The ref would have played advantage.

Yes, if a player slides at an opposition player's feet, between his legs, without getting the ball, then that's a foul. It sounds fairly obvious to me... 

But Mertesacker never did stop a clear cut chance because there was no contact. :rolleyes: He slid at Costa, missed him and the ball. FOUL! 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Leicester's next 3 games are horrendous - Liverpool (H), Man City (A) and Arsenal (A). If they can get 4-5 points out of those matches, then they would have done well. After that, they don't play any of the so called bigger sides until the third last game when they go to United.

Good point. Liverpool comes at a good time for them though. Leicester have over a week off while during that time Liverpool have 2 cup games and also when you take into consideration the injuries they already have, Leicester could not be playing them at a better time.

Just now, Spike said:

But Mertesacker never did stop a clear cut chance because there was no contact. :rolleyes: He slid at Costa, missed him and the ball. FOUL! 

YOU CAN IMPEDE A PLAYER WITHOUT TOUCHING HIM. WHAT PART OF THAT IS HARD TO GRASP?!

8 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

YOU CAN IMPEDE A PLAYER WITHOUT TOUCHING HIM. WHAT PART OF THAT IS HARD TO GRASP?!

But he didn't impede him at all. Costa just dove. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? There isn't any clever ruling to this, the referee saw an incident and made a call, an incorrect call but from the ref's view Costa's dive was a convincing one. 

So a bloke goes for a tackle, misses the ball and me, I hop over his leg and fall over, but since he tried to tackle me it's a foul? Haha, nonsense. It's my fault for having poor balance.

Should have fouled and red carded Gabriel when he came on, his ugly mug would have impeded half the stadium (without touching of course).