The Mourinho Thread

It's solid choices but hardly that obvious. Croatia could easily make it over Mexico. Chile could also surprise against Netherlands who's national team is at an all time low and could be the flop of the tournament. Wouldn't be that surprised if Uruguay and Italy could get England out in the group either.

Doubt it, but also wouldn't be that very surprising.

Croatia could, but the games are being played in So America, big difference. Surprises could happen hence my 90% prediction.

What source?, has someone stuck a usb stick into Mourinho's mind?, unless there are direct quotes why even post shit like that..

LMAO

Does anyone else feel we're playing 433 next season?

LMAO

I had been thinking that, only issue is unless Oscar is moved to the middle it would almost certainly mean 2 off the other AM's would face serious lack of games.
Hazard is untouchable while fully fit unless he completely loses form, which would mean 4 players effectively fighting for one spot, even if Oscar goes into midfield, that would still be Schurrle, Willian and Salah fighting for one spot. One would almost certainly face similar problems SWP did.

I had been thinking that, only issue is unless Oscar is moved to the middle it would almost certainly mean 2 off the other AM's would face serious lack of games.

Hazard is untouchable while fully fit unless he completely loses form, which would mean 4 players effectively fighting for one spot, even if Oscar goes into midfield, that would still be Schurrle, Willian and Salah fighting for one spot. One would almost certainly face similar problems SWP did.

Yep, I was thinking that it'd be a 3 of Matic (similarly undroppable - Tiago backup), Oscar and Fabregas (or other new CM). Ramires and MVG for rotation. Schurrle and Willian to fight it out on the right.

No excuse for any turgid shit next season. Roman has backed him massively early on and he needs to deliver entertaining & winning football in return

The reality is we want to play a certain style. Not what you are seeing now. We have to look better than that. If you sit there deep in a low block, with no spaces, you can be there three hours. I went with Inter to Barcelona and, for 60 minutes, we played with 10 men and if we needed to be there longer we’d have played for another 60 minutes. I don’t want my team to play like that.” Which is, presumably, no more than the fundamental condition of his employment; after all, the owner has long demonstrated how much he craves an attacking team, generally by sacking any manager who does not deliver one.

“We all agree,” Mourinho said to the proposition that his new-found enthusiasm for the expansive game is driven by the demands of Roman Abramovich. “We had one meeting, and in that meeting we had, not an agreement, but we were all convinced this was the way we want to do it. It’s not my way, a specific way, it’s a way of adapting to the quality of the players. We don’t want to play the same way as we did before. The profile of the players is completely different. We don’t want to be reactive. We want to be proactive, and to educate the players in this direction. The players are open for some, and not so open for others because it’s more difficult.” It was, however, a process that would not happen overnight.

“It’s about changing mentality. It takes a bit of time. But not five, six, seven years. I promise. You don’t have to wait so long.” But in the meantime, there may be setbacks. Though he was certain that what happened last week – with Chelsea suffering successive defeats – was no more than temporary inconvenience.

Time for him to keep his word.

I feel, with all these transfer happening (if they happen) and we will have a season without titles, I think maybe Roman would sack Mourinho. Pressure will be immense on Mourinho and the team the next season...

I think we have to show some trust to our manager for a change to pull off the things he is talking about and be patient even if that means next season we win nothing and finish 2nd/3rd again (but showed that we've improved to the right direction).

After all titles are not decided only by how good you are, but it matters also how good the rivals are. That definitely wasn't the case this season because we let it slip out of our own hands, but we don't know how good the others will be next season compared to us. The important thing is that we fix this season's weakness to be able to get the team playing close to how exactly Jose has in mind, and then success will arrive in time.

If we can't trust and give time Jose, who is considered one of the most legendary managers of CFC, then who else?