The Mourinho Thread

Enough time between the start of WC and now for the media to try and suck blood away from Chelsea and Jose.

Next season, i am in full expectation for grander things rather then last - though i would doubt Jose if he sold Romelu.

I would be okay with Cole leaving if there was a sure plan for his replacement. Cesar/'Dave' should be at right-back, not left. Though i still hold hope Van Annholt can make the leftback slot, or at-least be squad player with Bertrand being first IF we don't sign someone to replace Cole - though it should be for the long-haul rather for next couple of seasons.

Lmao even if it was true.. They'd compromise and Mourinho would probably back the decision. Roman & the board have learnt their lesson and understood the consequences of going over Mourinho's head.

Lmao even if it was true.. They'd compromise and Mourinho would probably back the decision. Roman & the board have learnt their lesson and understood the consequences of going over Mourinho's head.

Mourinho's power is much more restricted now compared to previous spell and at Inter/Real. At Inter for example he would never say things like ''I need to ask the board's permission in picking a weaker team'' like he did against Liverpool 2 months ago. He knows that his reputation has been tarnished after Real spell so now if he fucks up here many top teams will start to doubt him and wonder whether it is worth it to hire someone so disruptive. Of course he is still a powerfully figure as evident by the fact that he could persuade the board to sell Mata and Luiz, I doubt RDM or Rafa would have dared.

Basically if Mou leaves Chelsea again, the only major team that would welcome him imo is PSG and I doubt he would want to go there.

Basically if Mou leaves Chelsea again, the only major team that would welcome him imo is PSG and I doubt he would want to go there.

And Chelsea likewise would struggle. If they're so keen to stop a revolving door policy they're going to respect Mourinho's squad decisions, of course for them it'll be about the terms of the contract for players and Mou will understand if that's what hinders a new deal. But if they take it upon themselves that Lampard/Cole aren't needed on sporting reasons then he's not going to accept that.

Agreed about restricted power though, he would've known that from day one. But I think that power refers to finances.. In terms of transfer targets et al.

Keep calm and trust in Mourinho - the best coach in the world. Even his 'worst' spell at Real still consists of the record League title, the Copa del Rey and three consecutive semi-final participations and (knockout in the penalties) compared to k.o. in the round of 16 the years ago

10 years ago today we appointed Jose Mourinho and he called himself the special one in a press conference later on the same day.

1 year ago tommorow his return to Chelsea was officially announced.

Time goes to fast.

13 years ago next Wednesday we'd have signed Lampard for £11m