The Mourinho Thread

I think there is a lot of evidence of the contrary actually. But again its all open for debate... I'm not drawing hard lines I'm just looking at the evidence and it looks weird.

What looks weird?

That Jose would sanction a move for Cesc, that no striker was brought in at the bequest of Jose until nowish.... That he wanted Ashley and Lamps to stay apparently, and they're gone.

Whats wrong with Cesc? And don't come with that bullshit of not a jose type of players, cause neither it was Ozil.

Ozil is even more lazier than Fiberglass!

The striker situation was all Mourinho and the club fault for being stupid in trying to chase Rooney.

Wasted all that time to get Eto'o. Then Mourinho let Lukaku go on loan.

Even though Lukaku ask to go on loan, Mourinho has the last say. Just like he did with Ba, in which he wanted to go to Arsenal and he stop it.

Cole and Lamps have been presented with offers but they have refuse.

I don't see nothing "weird" here....

Whats wrong with Cesc? And don't come with that bullshit of not a jose type of players, cause neither it was Ozil.

Ozil is even more lazier than Fiberglass!

The striker situation was all Mourinho and the club fault for being stupid in trying to chase Rooney.

Wasted all that time to get Eto'o. Then Mourinho let Lukaku go on loan.

Even though Lukaku ask to go on loan, Mourinho has the last say. Just like he did with Ba, in which he wanted to go to Arsenal and he stop it.

Cole and Lamps have been presented with offers but they have refuse.

They don't exactly see eye to eye... And yes Cesc doesn't strike me as a Jose type player at all.

He also wanted a striker in January and was told no.

On Ash and Lamps you could be right... still weird, both seemed keen to return.

AnywayI got your opinion and its well noted I'm still a little greyish on this stuff... I highly doubt Jose has autonomy though, seems like a committee making the consensus pick.

Mourinho wanted Cole and Lampard to remain at Chelsea. Board and Roman decided otherwise.

Don't like where this is going.

yeah... seeing how much Mou used Cole is a testament to that... Lamps was more used, but that was only because imo the alternative was bad.

I think Mou respects and really likes a lot both of them, but he seems to be fairly aware that they're past their best years and that we need players in their best and who will approach their best in a couple of seasons, not the opposite.

yeah... seeing how much Mou used Cole is a testament to that... Lamps was more used, but that was only because imo the alternative was bad.

I think Mou respects and really likes a lot both of them, but he seems to be fairly aware that they're past their best years and that we need players in their best and who will approach their best in a couple of seasons, not the opposite.

Good point. could've been saving face amongst the supporters

They don't exactly see eye to eye... And yes Cesc doesn't strike me as a Jose type player at all.

He also wanted a striker in January and was told no.

On Ash and Lamps you could be right... still weird, both seemed keen to return.

AnywayI got your opinion and its well noted I'm still a little greyish on this stuff... I highly doubt Jose has autonomy though, seems like a committee making the consensus pick.

After I told you not to tell me that José type of player bullshit and you still give it....

I guess you don't read a word I said then. Especially when ozil is even worse then fabregas in lazy attitude and he was an important player for Mourinho.

After I told you not to tell me that José type of player bullshit and you still give it.

I guess you don't read a word I said then. Especially when ozil is even worse then fabregas in lazy attitude.

Where did Ozil play? Where are you projecting Cesc to play? do the positions carry the same sort of tactical acumen?

Was Jose the guy who signed Ozil or was it the director?

Where did Ozil play? Where are you projecting Cesc to play? do the positions carry the same sort of tactical acumen?

Was Jose the guy who signed Ozil or was it the director?

Really?

That's it I'm not continuing this discussion with you.

Thanks for the time.

Are they really people out there thinking that José don't want Fabregas ? Stop believing everything you see in the media, He likes Fabregas as a player, he even tried to bring him to Real in his first year, he was the first option for the N.10 spot before the WC 2010.

Are they really people out there thinking that José don't want Fabregas ? Stop believing everything you see in the media, He likes Fabregas as a player, he even tried to bring him to Real in his first year, he was the first option for the N.10 spot before the WC 2010.

Nop because according to the guy above he thinks Mourinho buys no player but the director force all the players on him.

Eto'o, Ozil, Essien, and all those was never bought by Mourinho. :rolleyes:

Here's a question, how many people here feel our signings are actually Jose's? I'm a bit skeptical I feel the board is pulling the strings and forcing Jose to play a certain way...

His recent comment about Cesc is what got me thinking that way

thats very unfair to him and the board and ROMAN.

it simply wont make sense from our board to let him sell mata, kdb and luiz but "enforce" cunt fiberglass cesc fabregas(let me start taking his proper name) on him. it simply does not add up. maybe jose himself wants to play a different way. with matic, he knows he has the defensive shield, now he has got a creative midfielder. he can always rely on rambo when needed as a DM. jose would probably have prefered modric or vidal but considering the price cesc is available in, he would be the right option. add to that, getting a HG player which we severely lack.

i think we are all jose as of this moment. the board got him back, backed him in transfers, on team's performances and are still doing so in my opinion.

Croatia could, but the games are being played in So America, big difference. Surprises could happen hence my 90% prediction.

Croatia is not a cold weather country..it'll be a bit warmer in Brazil but not to the point where they will struggle because of it.

This site makes it so hard to introduce new ideas, so many here are hell bent on hammering home their own opinion of how the club is run(when really we have absolutely no way of proving it), and rarely do they look at both sides of the coin. The other thing that becomes so nauseating is how ideas become so black and white in the heads of some. I'm gonna chalk it up to a communication rift since so many here are from different countries and may not have the strongest grasp of the english language, not trying to sound condescending so please don't take it that way.

I never understood why people think that when people speak of the board they automatically assume that it means Roman Abramovich and a bunch of yes men who carry out his every wish... This is the structure I'm speaking of when I say BOARD:

Chairman of the Board - Bruce Buck (usually the guy Roman uses in the media to get his word out)

Directors - Ron Gourlay, Marina Granovskaia and Eugene Tenenbaum (The people responsible for the finances, sponsorship dealings, sanctioning of player acquisitions, building corporate relations and global expansion)

Then you have:

Technical Director - Michael Emenalo

Football Operations Director - Mike Forde

Club Secretary - Dave Barnard

The Gentlemen above answer to Gourlay, Tenenbaum and Buck for anything that has to do with the football at the club.

This has been the structure that has been in place since 2011 I believe and hasn't changed much since then. Chelsea are building a style of football that has been in the works since the hiring of AVB and his "project" We haven't deviated from this plan at all, only enhanced it. We continue to move towards playing attacking football that is easy on the eyes and though the managers have changed the DIRECTIVE of the club hasn't, I'm hoping we can all agree to this.

Now, Jose Mourinho comes back to the club in the MIDST of a rebuild, if we can all agree that there hasn't been a deviation from the rebuild then we must also accept that the plan was in place before Jose arrived and thus, he is basically adhering to a plan that was put in motion before he arrived. So Jose is hired to help the club realize a vision, that vision being sexy football. He has his ideas but remember this isn't 2004, Jose does not have any sort of autonomy. If in the past Jose had the final say on who is added and when I would question whether the buck stops with him now. In my head its seems more like a committee making consensus decisions.