The Mourinho Thread

which ever side you flip this, Jose has fucked up BIG TIME ... doesn't mean I don't love jose, doesn't mean I question his ablity as a football manager. But its time he takes his toung out of MUFC's and the FA's ass... its time he gets his priority right, he is the manager of CFC, it is not his job to watch over the standard of the league (just incase he let Juan join MU to keep good players in the league) or make players (or referees or journos) happy ...

I wonder who made him "unhappy" in the first place

Made him unhappy? lol

He was on the bench not sent to Govan, well poor mata will have to suffer getting paid twice as much as he was here and becoming Utd's most expensive player, how will he cope? Lol

which ever side you flip this, Jose has fucked up BIG TIME ... doesn't mean I don't love jose, doesn't mean I question his ablity as a football manager. But its time he takes his toung out of MUFC's and the FA's ass... its time he gets his priority right, he is the manager of CFC, it is not his job to watch over the standard of the league (just incase he let Juan join MU to keep good players in the league) or make players (or referees or journos) happy ...

He got £37 million for a player that sits on the bench. I didn't want him to go to United either but you can't force him to move abroad

Made him unhappy? lol

He was on the bench not sent to Govan, well poor mata will have to suffer getting paid twice as much as he was here and becoming Utd's most expensive player, how will he cope? Lol

How does the comment in bold make any sense or relevant to the original point?

So a player of mata's quality and status pre mourinho should have been ecstatic sitting on the bench?. Like jose himself said back in 06 during the Sheva fiasco that there would be problem if Shevchenko was happy sitting on the bench (something to that effect) as it indicates lack of ambition on a players part especially ones that aren't used to been mere squad players and in mata's case was the club's back to back poty.

What I don't understand is why are people so afraid that United will become a force because of mata?

They won't!

And it's because of who's managing them.

Look at City for the last season. They bought a lot of talents but was able to win a title in the last minute. And after that it was more of the same, mediocre performance.

After city came to their senses they hired a really top coach and in a season you can see the major changes the team has undergone from a mediocre coach to a top coach.

It will be the same at United, no matter what players they get, they will always fall short because of who's managing them.

What I don't understand is why are people so afraid that United will become a force because of mata?

They won't!

Look at City for the last season. They bought a lot of talents but was able to win a title in the last minute. And after that it was more of the same, mediocre performance.

After city came to their senses they hired a really top coach and in a season you can see the major changes the team has undergone from a mediocre coach to a top coach.

It will be the same at United, no matter what players they get, they will always fall short because of who's managing them.

And the same is true about us too.

A manager can make or waste a team. We have one of the best managers in the world, if not the very best, it makes a whole difference.

If people believe anyone could make us stronger now than Mourinho, I'd love to know why. We've had a collection of managers to prove that Chelsea is difficult to manage for many reasons. Mourinho is the best man for the job and I'm really thankful for having him.

They won't!

Managers never changes their philosophy and idea, no matter who they got or how old they have become. Jose is a classic example, he will just never be able to make us play dominating pressing Dortmund/City style atm but what he can do is make his style work so we score enough goals and win games by keeping solid at the back. That is why Kevin and Mata was sold straight away. Moyes will be the same, doesn't matter if he got Gundogan, Reus, Vidal in the team, his main plan would still be get to the wing and cross, while keeping it solid at the back because he has been doing this at Everton for more than 10 years. Same with Wenger, while Arsenal is a lot better defensively this season, they still keep their fluid passing game going well and still scoring goals because of it, it doesn't matter if he got Silva or Koscielny at CB, this would always be his game.

This is a football club, not the "Make a wish" foundation. The purpose is to win football matches, not put a smile on the faces of certain individuals and we've been doing just that.

Exactly, lol, we are a football club, Jose is not mata's personal entertainer.

The amount of clueless naive people on here astounds me, at least you are on the ball.

To lionsden, it is relevant, why people were feeling sorry for him, he was well paid guy for kicking a football, and is now an even better paid guy. It's hardly anything to argue about. Let's move on. He's gone. End of.

They won't!

To be honest a lot of the games United lost this season, they came very close to winning them. So technically, it's true that the small edge Mata will give them could go a long way. Then, if they finish in the top 4, they will get to spend big money in the summer and be a big threat again next season.

On the other hand, if they do not get into the top 4, they will find it very difficult to attract big names next season plus Rooney and perhaps RVP will likely want out. They will be left without a quality squad, without a quality manager, with huge financial trouble, without being able to attract stars AND a board not willing to spend.

That will mean the definite end of United's era of domination and it will no longer be "just a transitional period". They will be just another Liverpool.

To be honest a lot of the games United lost this season, they came very close to winning them. So technically, it's true that the small edge Mata will give them could go a long way. Then, if they finish in the top 4, they will get to spend big money in the summer and be a big threat again next season.

On the other hand, if they do not get into the top 4, they will find it very difficult to attract big names next season plus Rooney and perhaps RVP will likely want out. They will be left without a quality squad, without a quality manager, with huge financial trouble, without being able to attract stars AND a board not willing to spend.

That will mean the definite end of United's era of domination and it will no longer be "just a transitional period". They will be just another Liverpool.

agree with much you say ,,,but even if Manure do take a transition period ,, it wont Im afraid be as long as Liverpool or Arsenal .

If Moyes fails they will bring in better and use the financial muscle they have ,,,UNLESS the Glazers are complete idiots , They are TOO avaracious to be stupid'

lets enjoy this period of manure shit but sadly it wont last more than 2 0r 3 years