The Mourinho Thread

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Was it a mistake due to stress or did he genuinely do it on purpose and hoped no one would notice? I don't think Drogba even got 186 for us overall did he let alone solely under Mou.

Maybe he has gone crazy? He took Drogba's number of appearances (186) under him as opposed to goals (73).

On 19.6.2020 at 5:58 PM, Jason said:

Looking forward to when he eventually moans about the difference in spending power...

Nahh he wouldnt dare or at least I hope not. And he didnt want to mention Ronaldo's name lol but named all the others.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'I am champion of the last five matches': Mourinho defends Tottenham record

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/24/jose-mourinho-defends-record-with-tottenham-going-in-right-direction?utm_term=31030b69138c4948807edeb505e00782

José Mourinho has issued a not so subtle reminder that he remains a “Special One” by emphasising that Tottenham’s Premier League record since he succeeded Mauricio Pochettino last November is the fourth-best in the top tier.

Spurs are destined to finish sixth or seventh following their trip to Crystal Palace on Sunday, with their Europa League qualification hopes hinging on results elsewhere, but the manager maintains the league table obscures the quality of his work.

“If this is about individuals and my individual approach, I’m fourth in the league,” a relaxed Mourinho said in answer to a question as to whether he still ranked among the world’s best managers.

“If you think I need to show something, OK I’m going to try,” said the Portuguese, who has collected 25 senior trophies in four different countries. “I arrive [when the team were] 14th, eight points difference to Arsenal but if the league starts then no problem. And, if you want to laugh with me, I am the champion of the last five matches.”

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

'I am champion of the last five matches': Mourinho defends Tottenham record

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/24/jose-mourinho-defends-record-with-tottenham-going-in-right-direction?utm_term=31030b69138c4948807edeb505e00782

José Mourinho has issued a not so subtle reminder that he remains a “Special One” by emphasising that Tottenham’s Premier League record since he succeeded Mauricio Pochettino last November is the fourth-best in the top tier.

Spurs are destined to finish sixth or seventh following their trip to Crystal Palace on Sunday, with their Europa League qualification hopes hinging on results elsewhere, but the manager maintains the league table obscures the quality of his work.

“If this is about individuals and my individual approach, I’m fourth in the league,” a relaxed Mourinho said in answer to a question as to whether he still ranked among the world’s best managers.

“If you think I need to show something, OK I’m going to try,” said the Portuguese, who has collected 25 senior trophies in four different countries. “I arrive [when the team were] 14th, eight points difference to Arsenal but if the league starts then no problem. And, if you want to laugh with me, I am the champion of the last five matches.”

How about you praise the team instesd of yourself Jose you child.

25 minutes ago, DDA said:

How about you praise the team instesd of yourself Jose you child.

This is now typical Jose. When all is good, everything is about him. He will mention publicly team (or just they) when things go south.

11 minutes ago, Milan said:

This is now typical Jose. When all is good, everything is about him. He will mention publicly team (or just they) when things go south.

gods are self-centred

:cig:

Divine inspiration: Jose Mourinho compares his popularity with Jesus

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/real-madrid-boss-jose-mourinho-1377084

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho compares his popularity with Jesus ...

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

LOL Did Mourinho change facts again to suit his agenda or he unintentionally forgot about it?

Yes, Spurs were 14th when he took over but Arsenal weren't 8 points ahead of them. They were only 3 ahead and 8 places better off but it was only 1 win separating the two. :doh: 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

LOL Did Mourinho change facts again to suit his agenda or he unintentionally forgot about it?

Yes, Spurs were 14th when he took over but Arsenal weren't 8 points ahead of them. They were only 3 ahead and 8 places better off but it was only 1 win separating the two. :doh: 

Im starting to wonder if he's just taking the piss and playing a character at this point, things like that and his inflation of Drogba's goal tally under him is just too obvious!

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Im starting to wonder if he's just taking the piss and playing a character at this point, things like that and his inflation of Drogba's goal tally under him is just too obvious!

Hard not to think so. I mean Drogba was great but who on earth thought he was prolific!? 

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tremendous. Love him or hate him, he knows exactly what to say which will inevitably get a reaction out of OGS again who recently said managers were trying to influence referees by running a narrative that United always get penalties and freekicks through VAR. 

Exactly, more managers with balls should say the same, its beyond a horrible joke. It just goes to show that if you apply a good dose of Var, you CAN polish a turd .

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Exactly, more managers with balls should say the same, its beyond a horrible joke. It just goes to show that if you apply a good dose of Var, you CAN polish a turd .

Thats one thing about Mourinho I have always liked or admired. He isnt afraid to speak his mind regarding things like this or even in the past using psychology to get into his opposite numbers head before a game. I love that shit and wish more managers would use mind games or ‘we are club X we dont like club Y’ as it brings a bit more spectacle. Pep and Klopp are top coaches although they are very much the opposite with these mind games but I think Alex Ferguson was also a master at it along with Jose over the years. Also love seeing games where people just lose the fucking plot, that 2-2 v Spurs when we basically handed Leicester the title, despite the madness, the poor discipline, Hiddink getting floored, some of the challenges, that is what a big derby game should be about, well... to a lesser extent anyway. Everyones just all too matey now a days. No edge. No Ferguson-Benitez or Mourinho-Wenger rivalries and it is something I think these top games do lack at times, particularly the really fucking shit ones you watch where fuck all happens, the build up and the edge that these games used to have going into them, they dont have it anymore - I mean even if they did go out and its not the best game, you still had plenty to talk about.