The Mourinho Thread

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
28 minutes ago, Fernando said:
The squad is quality, I think better then us. Can easily get to another Cl final. 

They rode their luck last season

Can easily do the same. With Kane top, you can grab goals then defend and hit them in the counter. A good way to get to another final in a cup game. 

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Can easily do the same. With Kane top, you can grab goals then defend and hit them in the counter. A good way to get to another final in a cup game. 

Another case of suddenly overrating the opposition, are we? How about we see how Spurs do under Mourinho first, aye?

Mourinho hasn't been into the CL final since that win with Inter and hasn't even gone past the R16 since 2014! Since winning the CL, he's been knocked out by Barcelona (SF - 2011), Bayern (SF - 2012), Dortmund (SF - 2013), Atletico (SF - 2014), PSG (R16 - 2015), Sevilla (R16 - 2018).

He got KOed by a struggling, average Sevilla last year (went on to rant about heritage and all that) and then before that, he decided to park the bus against 10 men and duly got KOed on away goals!

Mourinho's teams are built to defend; this team cannot do that, so...

THey will have their honeymoon come shortly.....no doubting that at all. Expect FA to help them out too. But over time the cracks will open up.

Spurs given him 4 years contract? At double the wages Poch got? Levy is just a slimebag man.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Another case of suddenly overrating the opposition, are we? How about we see how Spurs do under Mourinho first, aye?

Mourinho hasn't been into the CL final since that win with Inter and hasn't even gone past the R16 since 2014! Since winning the CL, he's been knocked out by Barcelona (SF - 2011), Bayern (SF - 2012), Dortmund (SF - 2013), Atletico (SF - 2014), PSG (R16 - 2015), Sevilla (R16 - 2018).

He got KOed by a struggling, average Sevilla last year (went on to rant about heritage and all that) and then before that, he decided to park the bus against 10 men and duly got KOed on away goals!

I dont think anybody is overrating Spurs regardless of where they are just now. We all know how good they are. Out of form but who would of said this season we would finish above them especially after appointing Frank and losing Eden? Id imagine a lot wouldnt be so sure. They still have got some top players in key positions, for instance Kane, Eriksen, Alderweireld and Lloris are all arguably in the top 5 of their respective positions in the league. 

Think Jose fits Spurs in terms of what they need the now like a glove. They need to go back to basics in terms of without the ball, shore up in midfield because they are caught on the transition too easily and once they cut out individual errors as well theyll not be as easy to beat as they have been. Tactically he will probably play 4231 which they already use but tweak it.

Spurs have never had someone who has that huge winning mentality either. Whether or not his last few jobs ended up with sackings in the third season, he still has won more than Pochettino in the last 5 years. Go back before that and look at his trophy haul, that will make the players respect him from the get go. 

While going in and winning the CL is maybe a tall order they are already qualified from the group. Knockout football is as much luck as anything else, Di Matteo coming in here in 2012 shows that, you get the rub of the green in some games and big game players to deliver, so who knows? Hopefully it doesn't happen but I am still surprised hes went to Spurs as it is, if he went and won a trophy in his first season.... they have good enough players to challenge for cups/leagues I think but they severely lack depth though in positions such as RB (well if Aurier was our RB I'd want an upgrade 🤣), LB (same as with Aurier, Rose/Davies could be upgraded on definitely), CF and out wide which is why theyve always come up short in my opinion.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:
6 hours ago, Fernando said:
The squad is quality, I think better then us. Can easily get to another Cl final. 

They rode their luck last season

As I said up there, in knockout football, you need luck at times. The run up to the final in 2012 prime example as well as the final too. Messi hitting the bar from that penalty Barca got against us, Gomez missing countless chances he would of buried in any other game that season or next, Cavani missing sitters... luck certainly can help in certain details.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think anybody is overrating Spurs regardless of where they are just now. We all know how good they are. Out of form but who would of said this season we would finish above them especially after appointing Frank and losing Eden? Id imagine a lot wouldnt be so sure. They still have got some top players in key positions, for instance Kane, Eriksen, Alderweireld and Lloris are all arguably in the top 5 of their respective positions in the league. 

Think Jose fits Spurs in terms of what they need the now like a glove. They need to go back to basics in terms of without the ball, shore up in midfield because they are caught on the transition too easily and once they cut out individual errors as well theyll not be as easy to beat as they have been. Tactically he will probably play 4231 which they already use but tweak it.

Spurs have never had someone who has that huge winning mentality either. Whether or not his last few jobs ended up with sackings in the third season, he still has won more than Pochettino in the last 5 years. Go back before that and look at his trophy haul, that will make the players respect him from the get go. 

While going in and winning the CL is maybe a tall order they are already qualified from the group. Knockout football is as much luck as anything else, Di Matteo coming in here in 2012 shows that, you get the rub of the green in some games and big game players to deliver, so who knows? Hopefully it doesn't happen but I am still surprised hes went to Spurs as it is, if he went and won a trophy in his first season.... they have good enough players to challenge for cups/leagues I think but they severely lack depth though in positions such as RB (well if Aurier was our RB I'd want an upgrade 🤣), LB (same as with Aurier, Rose/Davies could be upgraded on definitely), CF and out wide which is why theyve always come up short in my opinion.

We'll see. Thing always look like they make sense with Mourinho at the start before everything falls apart. 

They might reach another CL final but it won't be as easy as Fernando claimed, as if like someone flicking a switch or something. 

A somewhat interesting bit is that Mourinho has gone and taken 2 coaches from Lille instead of going with his usual guys/team (I know Rui Faria has become a manager). He, reportedly, also wants Lucas Ocampos to be the sporting director at Spurs.