The Mourinho Thread

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Only Jose can build a narrative around winning Europe's third tier cup

to be fair, all of Italy did, as it was their nation's first Euro club trophy of any type since Mo won that beast treble with Inter in 2010

he also is 5 wins, zero defeats in euro finals, and the last 4 have been clean sheets

5077aa08b67dd5fdac26bf030ed5ffe4.png

• 2 weeks later...

The telegraph UK football - said that PSG want Mourinho the next to replace maurio pochettino.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1533085120185475072

https://twitter.com/search?q=MOURINHO PSG

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1533095171281281025

Edited by KEVINAA

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Really is an appalling official

the fact that they allow him to ref big games is a disgrace. The number of times he fucked us over in big games warrants an investigation. Joke of a ref

Edited by Johnnyeye

• 2 months later...

Mourinho: ‘Lukaku and Dybala start, but I cannot resist telling my truth’

https://football-italia.net/mourinho-lukaku-and-dybala-start-but-i-cannot-resist-telling-my-truth/

11688839.jpg.webp

Jose Mourinho confirms Romelu Lukaku and Paulo Dybala will start for Roma against Empoli tomorrow, but in a combative press conference explains how he aims to avoid bans. ‘I do not know how to resist telling my truth.’

It kicks off on Sunday at the Stadio Olimpico at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

Following the defeat to 10-man Milan, the Giallorossi have just one point from the opening three rounds.

“You are always negative, whereas we are positive,” started Mourinho in a press conference after he was asked about Roma’s ambitions for this season, having noted they could aim for fifth or sixth.

“It is different talking about Roma before or after the transfer market closed. Roma signed two strikers that seemed unlikely at the time. Having said that, if we are all available and fully fit, then the profile of the team changes.

“Sardar Azmoun arrived not in good shape. Lukaku is fine, but has hardly trained with the rest of the team. Paulo gives us a hand, but we are always a little frightened. I am happy with the players at our disposal and the objective is to win every game.”

Mourinho confirmed that Lorenzo Pellegrini and Chris Smalling are not fully fit and might not be available tomorrow, but despite his concerns, Roma fans will get to see the new strike partnership.

“I want to thank Luciano Spalletti, because he sent Gianluca Mancini and Pellegrini home early when they were not fully fit. I think Mancini will play, but for international week it was just Belotti, Azmoun and two goalkeepers, all the others returned yesterday.

“Romelu will start tomorrow and I would not be surprised if he played 90 minutes. Dybala will play, he is not in top shape and it will not be easy for him to get the whole match. He wants to play and he will from the start with Romelu.”

There have been suggestions Mourinho has asked Roma to hire Francesco Totti as a director, or at least as someone who can help communicate with the media, especially when there are complaints to be made about referees.

“I am the coach. I am nobody to talk about the legend of Romanism and tell Totti to come. I do talk with him, but out of respect for the club, we just chat about banalities. Totti is within Roma, he will never be able to fully leave. I did not do anything.”

Mourinho was criticised after refusing to speak to the media in the wake of the defeat to Milan.

“I decided not to be in total control of the situation. First of all, because I am not perfect, and secondly because I depend on others too. My intention is to receive zero bans, for what I do during a match or in a press conference.

“If I do not go to speak with the media, obviously that is my decision, but it will never be because I am irritable, because it is over the top to say someone with 1,100 matches is irritable.

“It is more because I do not know how to resist telling my truth. It is a challenge to myself, but I will try to avoid having problems.”

Mourinho proved the point by immediately afterwards sniping at a reporter who asked if he had regrets at defending too deep against Milan.

“I think an important thing in the formula of success is not listening to people who are less capable than you are. This is important. Listening can help you to improve, but you’ve never sat on a bench and I therefore have no need to listen to you.”

José Mourinho: “I will keep saying that until my final day as a manager — we did not lose the Europa League final against Sevilla”. “We did NOT lose that final in Budapest and I won’t change my mind”.

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Mourinho is set for a shock return to Real Madrid this summer, replacing current Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelotti, who will take over as Brazil head coach. (Mundo Deportivo)

What? Surely Perez goes for Alonso or De Zerbi?

55 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Mourinho is set for a shock return to Real Madrid this summer, replacing current Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelotti, who will take over as Brazil head coach. (Mundo Deportivo)

I am shocked. I think The Chosen One is running on managing fumes.