The Mourinho Thread

@Gilvorak,Another note should be made about that Arsenal team

97-98 - Winner

98-99 - Lost by 1 point

01-02 - Winner

02-03 - Lost by 5 points

03-04 - Winner

04-05 - Lost by 12 points

Aside from the 04-05 season, they could have very easily gone back to back. That is just hypotheticals though, they didn't at the end of the day. Just perspective.

No great teams play counter attacking football. Football has evolved beyond that. Madrid, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Barca. None of the top teams play that style of football. Mourinho's still stuck in the 00's.

But isn't just about counter-atacking. That is just one facet of play. All those teams can counter-attack and will score a goal from few passes, but they can retain possession when necessary. This Chelsea team looks limp in attack, especially on the counter. I'm not saying that the entirety of the game should be countering but it is something that is needed. Being able to punish teams quickly from a single error is vital. Being flexible is the most important thing, I believe.

Also, it should be appreciated that the Bayern team that dominated their way through the 12-13 season under Heynckes played counter football.

Where do you get the first bit of that statement? How often after a good result does José pat himself on the back? He always praises his squad. Even when they're shit and we can all see it he praises most of them and blames individual errors.

When things are bad he loves and excuse, no doubt, but in typical fashion when he does blame himself, which he has done recently, it's ignored.

There in lies the absurdity of football. The players aren't getting any better so sack the manager. That's not to say the manager is blameless but when they're on the pitch it is the players who need to play.

Time and time again clubs sack managers, the new guy comes in and there is a spell of good results only for the poor form to return. Rinse and repeat. Players get away with far too much.

It's a conundrum, you can sack the manager and hope for a change in results..or you can stick with the manager and end up like Arsenal/Liverpool, the consistent underachievers

Tell me what would those transfers do at the current situation? Who are those transfers that he wanted?

Mouinho biggest failing is getting the best out of his players; almost every midfielder and forward has either stagnated or regressed at Chelsea. The frightening thing is that the longer our players have been exposed to Mou tactics and training the worse they have gotten.

Remember how good Matic was when he arrived? Damn it seems like a distant memory when he had that game against City and had prime Yaya in his pocket. Was a Lion when he came in, and literally the perfect DM he had everything? Now he got shamefully substituted as a sub.

Cesc in his first few months here was so good. Not just his assists but he was genuinely controlling the game. Always on the ball and always looking to receive the pass and passing forward. Now the game just passes by and he avoids the ball, and has been like this for most of last season too. Or Oscar how much promised he showed in his first first season, the boy has stagnated and I know him and many other players are better then they have showed under Mou.

How about the players who have left like KDB, Salah, Cuardado. They have been sensational since leaving Mou and his tactics.

It is honestly disheartening when Chelsea fans or oppositions take a swap at our players. Call Hazard overrated, Oscar shit, Cesc a fraud, Matic a poor mans Carraick. It is simply not true, under a friendlier attacking tactic and training they would be different players.

I really wish our players the best and it would be such a waste for them to continue under Mou. They deserve better.

it doesn't matter who we bring in you simply cannot over look this.

100% this - hence why the players no longer want to play for him

Him selling them has me more upset than the results.

He came here to a solid young core, and basically fucked it off to bring in shit like Cuadrado and Falcao.

I can understand why people are upset we sold De Bruyne, Mata etc but let's be realistic for a moment. We are only clamouring for them now because we're doing shit and they are doing well in their respective teams. No one was crying out for them last season when we strolled to the title (and mind you, players like Mata hardly shone last season). I think the main issue here isn't really about selling those players. It's more gotta do with the quality of players we brought in to replace them. We bought duds and tossed them out 6-12 months later after realising they aren't actually good at all. The mess we're in right now has exposed the lack of quality players we have in the squad.

It's a conundrum, you can sack the manager and hope for a change in results..or you can stick with the manager and end up like Arsenal/Liverpool, the consistent underachievers

True enough.

But for me that's why I'd like to put the trust in the manager for now. If it continues then we can draw a line under it and say enough is enough, it didn't work. You don't need to do an Arsenal and give him nearly two decades. But sack José after a double winning season, 8 games in? Ridiculous.

No great teams play counter attacking football. Football has evolved beyond that. Madrid, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Barca. None of the top teams play that style of football. Mourinho's still stuck in the 00's.

Summed it up absolutely brilliant post.

I can understand why people are upset we sold De Bruyne, Mata etc but let's be realistic for a moment. We are only clamouring for them now because we're doing shit and they are doing well in their respective teams. No one was crying out for them last season when we strolled to the title (and mind you, players like Mata hardly shone last season). I think the main issue here isn't really about selling those players. It's more gotta do with the quality of players we brought in to replace them. We bought duds and tossed them out 6-12 months later after realising they aren't actually good at all. The mess we're in right now has exposed the lack of quality players we have in the squad.

People did. Even though we won the title, when it was Hazard who was mainly stepping up more than other players and Oscar went back to hiding again, many people were making it clear that KDB should be here. Not so much Mata, but KDB especially as he was always scoring or assisting if not both every week in the Bundesliga. Mata despite not being excellent last season still got into double figures with goals and that is considering one stage he struggled to get in the team. Mata was a fans favourite and one of our best players and while we got a big fee for him, his replacement is not as good and has not lived up to the hype Mourinho gave him which is more frustrating.

I cried about Bertrand ALL of last season even when we had Luis if you check his thread :P

but you are right.

What bothered me was the post match talk. There is a lot of talk about 'if the board wants to sack me'. I think he has lost support, inside the player group and outside. It is happening right now. I never expected this, but Mou is breaking down real fast.

People did. Even though we won the title, when it was Hazard who was mainly stepping up more than other players and Oscar went back to hiding again, many people were making it clear that KDB should be here. Not so much Mata, but KDB especially as he was always scoring or assisting if not both every week in the Bundesliga. Mata despite not being excellent last season still got into double figures with goals and that is considering one stage he struggled to get in the team. Mata was a fans favourite and one of our best players and while we got a big fee for him, his replacement is not as good and has not lived up to the hype Mourinho gave him which is more frustrating.

They did but the shouts then weren't as loud as now especially when he wasn't playing for one of our direct rivals in the league. If we had brought in proper replacements, quality replacements, we wouldn't be talking about the ones we sold right now.

Tell me what would those transfers do at the current situation? Who are those transfers that he wanted?

Mouinho biggest failing is getting the best out of his players; almost every midfielder and forward has either stagnated or regressed at Chelsea. The frightening thing is that the longer our players have been exposed to Mou tactics and training the worse they have gotten.

Remember how good Matic was when he arrived? Damn it seems like a distant memory when he had that game against City and had prime Yaya in his pocket. Was a Lion when he came in, and literally the perfect DM he had everything? Now he got shamefully substituted as a sub.

Cesc in his first few months here was so good. Not just his assists but he was genuinely controlling the game. Always on the ball and always looking to receive the pass and passing forward. Now the game just passes by and he avoids the ball, and has been like this for most of last season too. Or Oscar how much promised he showed in his first first season, the boy has stagnated and I know him and many other players are better then they have showed under Mou.

How about the players who have left like KDB, Salah, Cuardado. They have been sensational since leaving Mou and his tactics.

It is honestly disheartening when Chelsea fans or oppositions take a swap at our players. Call Hazard overrated, Oscar shit, Cesc a fraud, Matic a poor mans Carraick. It is simply not true, under a friendlier attacking tactic and training they would be different players.

I really wish our players the best and it would be such a waste for them to continue under Mou. They deserve better.

it doesn't matter who we bring in you simply cannot over look this.

Players deserve better? Are u kidding me?

When we sold Luiz 50, Kdb 18 and Mata 42 milion we were over the moon and now u are telling me the opposite side?? Come on. The club failed to bring some fresh legs here. That's it. Abramovich would be pulling the trigger if Mourinho wasn't our manager. The players are showing the lack of passion for this club.Its not good enough from the players. I think we missed Costa a little bit tonight. Im fully backing The club in this worst moment. This season is showing to us who are the really fans and the fake ones.

I think the board needs to ask themselves a big question, as early as Monday;

Do we want to save our season?

If the answer is yes, then Jose needs to go now. We have been in poor form throughout 2015, and if it wasn't for set pieces/individual wondergoals, we'd be even worse off than where we are at the moment. We have no setup, no passion, like the players just don't want to play for the manager/shirt anymore. Something needs to change. We've tried different players/slight tactical changes and absolutely nothing has helped. Somewhere along the line, the blame has to be with the manager.

We need a positive thinking manager. Someone who can actually be here a number of years, actually have the mentality of building a dominant squad with a tactical awareness to play flowing, winning football. I would look no further than Klopp.

If the answer is no, and we are writing off this season; then Baba, RLC and Kenedy/Traore needs as many minutes as possible. If we are just playing to finish this season, why not give them extensive minutes to develop/get used to the flow of the Premier League? Besides, they cannot play worse than our current crop. Use them, develop them. Also, if we write off this season and finish 7th for example, then some players will want to leave purely for the fact that they won't play Champions League football with Chelsea that upcoming season.

Has anyone even thought about the financial consequences that sacking him would have? The pay off would be massive of course, but you then have to pay the next big name manager a huge salary and possibly have no CL football which handicaps him straight away because we'd have less money to back him with and a smaller pool of players to recruit from. We'd basically have to tell the next manager that he must "work with what we have" even if the players may not suit the new guy. We're seeing now what that mentality is doing for us.

He pretty much HAS to stay.

I would love to see what is going on behind the scenes. The problem for me doesn't begin and end with Mourinho, as i said several posts ago sacking the manager would be beneficial in the short term, but after a while the same cracks we're seeing now would show up again. The best possible outcome from the club as a whole would be to come out of this situation with the current staff and players, everyone would mature and grow some balls out of this situation, but to do this the general "aura" for a lack of better words, has to change, beginning from José. Sadly things don't look like changing much, today was a disaster, hell was probably the worst football match i've ever seen, it looked so depressing and without hope. I'm lost for words and as i said i would love to see what's happening behind the scenes.

No I accept that, we've been playing like shit all of 2015. I don't know what the fuck happened to Hazard, Cesc and co this year, because whatever bright spark they had has gone.

But at the same time what's the use in changing manager. Again?! Firstly, there's no suitable replacements out there so we'd probably get stuck with someone shit like Avram Grant or something. Secondly, anyone who is brought in will literally never see a third season either because we'll just turn on him.

Klopp would be more than suitable tbh. I feel like he'd properly unlock Eden's potential.

Just got back from the game extremely drunk. I personally think there's no going back we were totally outclassed by Southampton. Really want to hear from Chelsea fans positive or negative lets have it. And no holding back say what you feel this is not The Shed End Forum.

Klopp would be more than suitable tbh. I feel like he'd properly unlock Eden's potential.

But you have to ask - Is the current crop of players suitable to play Klopp's style? We wouldn't want another AVB situation like we had 2-3 years ago and there were even accusations that Klopp didn't know how to change or what to do when his playing style wasn't working anymore for Dortmund last season.