TBH (to be honest) the players I don't particularly care for are:

Ivanovic

Mikel

Ramires

Falcao

Remy

Wilian

That is just me though.

On another personal note, the type of approach to the game I like is the approach made by Arsenal from about 98-03. Win the ball, pass up the field the in three or four passes, shoot. Some of you may remember Henry stating that the moment Viera (or anyone) won the ball, they would immediately think of how they can get the ball up to an attacking player, wether it be Anelka, Henry, Pires or Ljungberg. There was no ball retention nonsense, they attacked the moment they had possession. No player takes responsibility in this team, they are passive jackasses.

That is just the style I like. Kinda like how West Ham play right now (yes that bloody team).

Trying to achieve stability with Mourinho is like trying to have safe sex with a broken condom.

types of condom ..a welsh condom .. one with a leak (leek) in it

a scottish condom one with a leak but a plaster over the leak

an Irish condom one with a leak and a plaster but not covering the leak.

so many racist steroetypes

but think of our defence in the same way ,,, :D

Ivanovic

Mikel

Ramires

Falcao

Remy

Wilian

That is just me though.

On another personal note, the type of approach to the game I like is the approach made by Arsenal from about 98-03. Win the ball, pass up the field the in three or four passes, shoot. Some of you may remember Henry stating that the moment Viera (or anyone) won the ball, they would immediately think of how they can get the ball up to an attacking player, wether it be Anelka, Henry, Pires or Ljungberg. There was no ball retention nonsense, they attacked the moment they had possession. No player takes responsibility in this team, they are passive jackasses.

That is just the style I like. Kinda like how West Ham play right now (yes that bloody team).

To be fair that was always UTD's mantra too and why I respect Ferguson so much! Never say die attitude.

Ivanovic

Mikel

Ramires

Falcao

Remy

Wilian

That is just me though.

And that team did nothing in Europe & could never win back to back League titles. Counter attacking teams have a short shelf life.

To be fair that was always UTD's mantra too and why I respect Ferguson so much! Never say die attitude.

Wenger's approach to the game changed. I think he foresaw a change in football with the 4-4-2 dying out, especially since Mourinho came in and destroyed the league. He adapted but it wasn't that successful. His team played amazing football at times but lacked the extra funds to push him teams to the limit. If the new stadium wasn't built and the funds were given to the first team, I fully believe that with the youth Wenger had, he would have built a dynasty with some of the extra players he could have brought in.

Now. Chelsea is in this same boat as Wenger and Arsenal in 2004. Mourinho tactics from that time have passed and are now a relic of that era. He needs to adapt to the changing environment. Football comes in cycles, when the 4-4-2 went out, defensive tactics came in. When the defensive mindset went out, tiki-taka replaced it. Now that tiki-taka is dying a new style is coming back in. It almost seems the old 4-4-2 is coming back into vogue.

When we win Jose takes the credit ,, when we lose its the players ,, the refs ,, the board ,, the FA and of course WOMEN not to mention climate change

Where do you get the first bit of that statement? How often after a good result does José pat himself on the back? He always praises his squad. Even when they're shit and we can all see it he praises most of them and blames individual errors.

When things are bad he loves and excuse, no doubt, but in typical fashion when he does blame himself, which he has done recently, it's ignored.

I don't see the point in giving him the rest of the season...the players seem to be getting worse game after game

I really thought the Arsenal result would kick start our season, but we haven't won any games since then...and looking at our upcoming fixtures, I'm kind of worried

There in lies the absurdity of football. The players aren't getting any better so sack the manager. That's not to say the manager is blameless but when they're on the pitch it is the players who need to play.

Time and time again clubs sack managers, the new guy comes in and there is a spell of good results only for the poor form to return. Rinse and repeat. Players get away with far too much.

And that team did nothing in Europe & could never win back to back League titles. Counter attacking teams have a short shelf life.

Wenger's approach to the game changed. I think he foresaw a change in football with the 4-4-2 dying out, especially since Mourinho came in and destroyed the league. He adapted but it wasn't that successful. His team played amazing football at times but lacked the extra funds to push him teams to the limit. If the new stadium wasn't built and the funds were given to the first team, I fully believe that with the youth Wenger had, he would have built a dynasty with some of the extra players he could have brought in.

Now. Chelsea is in this same boat as Wenger and Arsenal in 2004. Mourinho tactics from that time have passed and are now a relic of that era. He needs to adapt to the changing environment. Football comes in cycles, when the 4-4-2 went out, defensive tactics came in. When the defensive mindset went out, tiki-taka replaced it. Now that tiki-taka is dying a new style is coming back in. It almost seems the old 4-4-2 is coming back into vogue.

RLC-Ramires 4-4-2 confirmed.

Need to get a striker good enough to play next to Costa though.

I do miss that Mourinho team of 2004, though, I'll be honest. Carvalho, Terry, Maka, Joe Cole, Robben, Gudjohnsen, Essien and Ashley Cole (2005) to name a few. Surely will be remembered as one of the best teams we've ever fielded.

systems change but I still believe the old cliche "Attack is the best form of Defence"

They were up against an equally strong United team and Italy, Germany Spain in the 90s. United were a counter-attacking team, they won several back to back titles.

Ivanovic

Mikel

Ramires

Falcao

Remy

Wilian

That is just me though.

Don't necessarily agree with that list of players but the approach is exactly what I want to see. Holding the ball is useless if nobody is going to do anything. Week in week out we watch teams just pick up the ball and run at us, that's what wee need to do. Just have a go. Our turnover from defence to attack is painfully slow and just allows the opposition to casually stroll back in to shape. It's useless.

They were up against an equally strong United team and Italy, Germany Spain in the 90s. United were a counter-attacking team, they won several back to back titles.

No great teams play counter attacking football. Football has evolved beyond that. Madrid, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Barca. None of the top teams play that style of football. Mourinho's still stuck in the 00's.

I still can't get my head around how in the seven hells we sold KDB/Mata/Lukaku/Luis/Luiz/Bertrand/ and kept players like Mikel or Ivanovic.....

Mata is on a High. -Manchester United Player - 2nd in the PL

De Bruyne is scoring almost every game and is assisting alot. - Manchester City player - 1st in the PL.

Lukaku is scoring more than all our strikers combined. -Everton Player -7th in the PL

Luiz beat the crap out of us last season in the CL. -PSG Player.

Bertrand just won at Stamford Bridge 3-1 against us. -Southampton Player -9th in the PL.

Really Jose?

The Benitez year was such a bad season(club atmosphere wise) but we all knew that the future would be bright because we had so much young talent.

Down the drain. Back to square one.

Him selling them has me more upset than the results.

He came here to a solid young core, and basically fucked it off to bring in shit like Cuadrado and Falcao.

But but net spend though. Jose knows what he's doing, all of a sudden the same people stroking Jose's ego then are now changing their minds. We were set for the next 10 years with the work Emenalo did then Jose fucked it all up with his egoism.

Ancelotti, Pellegrini, van Gaal, Guardiola amongst others would've done wonders with that 12-13 squad.