The Mourinho Thread

The problem with us atm is we have to many pussy's on the team that get pushed off the ball way to much. i mean Matic atm is one of the worst for this and he is meant to be our rock in the middle. Back when we have Duff, Robben and Cole out wide they could hold their own. Now with one little brush Hazard, Willian and co just go down or lose the ball. In the middle we used to have Essien, Lampard, Ballack and even little maka that used to boss people about. We have also lost our ruthlessness and going for the kill, it just seems like jose is happy to send them out and ease into the game and maybe nick a goal

I will always love what Jose has done for this club in both spells but i feel that this may be the last season with him as the boss.

I can see us going for Klopp in the summer.

back after injury Ryan Bertrand MOM for Saints .. Wasn't he in the PL team of the year last season . Not good enough for us of course despite being HG

but ryan is CLEARLY not good enough for us. just like MOSES is "clearly not good enough for us" (someone said this exact line right after moses put in a 10/10 performance at the etihad. LOL)

The problem with us atm is we have to many pussy's on the team that get pushed off the ball way to much. i mean Matic atm is one of the worst for this and he is meant to be our rock in the middle. Back when we have Duff, Robben and Cole out wide they could hold their own. Now with one little brush Hazard, Willian and co just go down or lose the ball. In the middle we used to have Essien, Lampard, Ballack and even little maka that used to boss people about. We have also lost our ruthlessness and going for the kill, it just seems like jose is happy to send them out and ease into the game and maybe nick a goal

I will always love what Jose has done for this club in both spells but i feel that this may be the last season with him as the boss.

I can see us going for Klopp in the summer.

There are reports Pep is also considering a move to PL

People are calling for Ivanovic's head. We want him benched. But what can Ivanovic do about it? That's the problem. He cannot disobey Jose's orders. He will be at risk from not getting paid AND dropped from the bench. It's Mourinho that we should be looking at for Ivanovic.

Why did we sell Luis is beyond me. It's stupid, I just can't get my head around it. He would have been PERFECT for this season, perfect.

And why bother buying Baba if we are not going to test the waters with him in the PL. Even the useless Cuadrado had minutes last season in the PL.

What can Ivanovic do about it? He could start by improving his performances to justify the manager's (blind) faith and stop us from constantly moaning about him. If Ivanovic and the other players have any sense of pride, professionalism etc about them, then they should look at themselves and ask if they are putting in the effort in matches - because from what we saw yesterday in the first half, they certainly did not do that and haven't been doing it. The one thing we always have down the years is fighting spirit, the willingness to fight, put in the miles and work the socks off, especially when things aren't going our way. And right now, we don't even see that in the players.

Compare to previous managers, Mourinho gets a lot more stick than them/players escaping from criticism pretty easily.

Name these previous managers that were let off easy. Although I suspect those managers weren't drama queen who dragged the image of the club through the mud and had us languishing in bottom half of the table at the end of September while playing atrocious football to boot whilst doing absolutely nothing to inspire confidence and so on.

Why did we sell Luis is beyond me. It's stupid, I just can't get my head around it. He would have been PERFECT for this season, perfect.

50m ... says it all ... who would refuse that for 3rd string CB at the club ...

However the question should be why didnt we find replacements for the ageing players ...

Let me make sure I get this right. Are some of you saying we need more signings in order to churn out better performances and results than we have shown so far this season? So our squad is now relegation candidate level?. The bottomline is, there's absolutely no justification for the quality of a squad such as ours to have 8 points after 7 games while playing some of the worst football in the league, if not europe. the blame lies heavily on the manager. this team should be achieving far more than its currently doing.

If that doesn't happen - then I see no other option. I think it will happen sooner rather than later. We are in danger of missing out on Top 4.

Now i understand your frustrations with performances and more importantly results but to say we are in danger of missing out on the top 4 is ludicrous. We are 5 points behind with 31 games still to play....

Name these previous managers that were let off easy. Although I suspect those managers weren't drama queen who dragged the image of the club through the mud and had us languishing in bottom half of the table at the end of September while playing atrocious football to boot whilst doing absolutely nothing to inspire confidence and so on.

AVB, Ancelotti etc. Those managers had their faults during their time but the blame, back then, was laid equally on both parties. At the moment, it seems like it's more on the manager than the players. Why? I said it before, Mourinho hasn't done himself any favors with several questionable decisions but the players haven't helped him and our cause either. No one is taking any responsibility and they seem to be taking the easy way out by just 'hiding' behind the manager, letting him to take all the criticism while they do nothing to improve their own performances. It's something that we have seen in the past with previous managers and it seems to be happening again.

playing atrocious football to boot whilst doing absolutely nothing to inspire confidence and so on.

We might not exactly be playing scintillating football right now but it appears you have forgotten how pathetic our football was under AVB, Ancelotti (second season) etc as well. The kind of football we're putting out there at the moment is no different to what we played in those times.

Now i understand your frustrations with performances and more importantly results but to say we are in danger of missing out on the top 4 is ludicrous. We are 5 points behind with 31 games still to play....

And we don't look up to playing anyone bar Sunderland. You think we will beat Southampton?

i think that Roman A the club owner should tell Jose to take 5 matches premier league break and Roman A needs to be manager for 5 premier league matches and if the players don't get in the mood or have the motivation when Roman A is manager. then all the players deserve and need to be all hanged from their balls.

I don't give a shit about us getting 50m, especially when we have no one to replace Luis.

That in hindsight was one of the club's biggest mistakes this year. We should have kept him.

But should've coulda woulda isn't going to change anything now. So disappointed.

Well Luis wasnt particularly playing well at that point of time... so the money was like a bonus ... But thats another story ...

At the end of the day, we are a football club and there has to be an influx of revenue coming in for meeting the so called ticks for FFP (it is shits I know that). And 50m was well invested into Costa and Fab who gave us the title last season ... If i m not wrong, we got Zouma for Luis which is not a bad deal.

We failed to get anyone this season despite getting 2 CBs and loaning out 2 or we just dont want anyone else but the current lot...

Either ways, I agree that is disappointing and very disappointed.

I understand people's frustrations, but making Mourinho solely culpable for the failings of the players is too convenient an excuse, in my opinion. He deserves his share of the blame but anyone calling for his head is making a severe over-reaction in my book. Okay, it is his job to set the team up and organise us tactically, etc., and to motivate the players, but the fact is we're still playing catch-up with everybody after our belated start to pre-season. I wholeheartedly believe we'll come good around Christmas and put a United-esque run together to get back into title contention. But with 93 points left to play for, I'm not worried just yet. Still a long time to go and we're just on a bad run. This is the fickle nature of football.

Ancelotti's second season was amongst the darkest days in Chelsea's recent history, and the root cause of our failings up until Mourinho's return (his failure to replace key members of the squad, i.e. Carvalho, Ballack, Joe Cole, as well as his inability to instigate a period of transition between Mourinho's first squad and an overhaul of younger players being his biggest fault). Be careful what you wish for.

Exactly, its quite funny the rewriting of history when it comes to Carlos spell here, the second season was beyond woeful, people cite second place, 71 points won't get top 4 most season's.

Also not to mention the same people wanting Mou sacked calling for Carlo or Klopp, one went on a run for us much worse than this andthe other was bottom of the league for a lot of last season.

but ryan is CLEARLY not good enough for us. just like MOSES is "clearly not good enough for us" (someone said this exact line right after moses put in a 10/10 performance at the etihad. LOL)

Halliday for Bradford put a 10/10 vs us in the FA Cup last season.

Why did we let him go to Rangers?Fuck sake.

He is the best in this business. I blame our board for our transfer window. We needed couple of new players. But still think we will win the League, 7-8 points in England are nothing. Look what happened to City. I don't care that United are top of the league they have had easy fixtures and they will play now Arsenal-Everton(A) and City(H).