The Mourinho Thread

On 11/6/2016 at 8:32 AM, Jason said:

He may have bought Eto'o for us but at least he knew how and when to use him. With Ibrahimovic, it's a different story altogether. It's just silly to use a 35-year-old as the main striker, especially for a club like United and Ibrahimovic might have his strengths but his obvious lack of dynamism, pace, mobility is hurting United. It makes them predictable and have to play almost everything through Ibrahimovic.

The crazy part with ibra is he has Rashford in his team who imo without LVG will never play for United. A guy who showed flashes of world class potential under LVG

19 hours ago, manpe said:

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho despises sulkers, says Mark Schwarzer

Schwarzer, 44, told BBC Radio 5 live's Friday Sports Panel that he once saw his former boss "destroy a table" and that Mourinho would not consider those players who do not perform for future selection.

What a load of bollox!!

He also once said that he loved having the problem of team selection yet he picked the same starters continually even tho some werent performing and loved the same ones so much he kept playing them the following season without bringing anyone in.

Not sure if hes full of bullshit, has a chemical imbalance, a maniacal genius or just a twat! Prob a mixture eh!

On 06/11/2016 at 8:55 PM, Tautvix said:

Jose will never sell us any player. That's for sure.

Would love Shaw and Martial tbh. Not so sure about Miki. Not because he is not good player, but he wouldnt realy fit in current system. 

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Would love Shaw and Martial tbh. Not so sure about Miki. Not because he is not good player, but he wouldnt realy fit in current system. 

Not sure Shaw would either in this system, he is average going forward so wingback is out of the question.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Playing the devils advocate ;)

I do actually agree with him TO SOME EXTENT about how players/sportsmen have always gone out toi perfortm with a form of injury and it CAN be an easy cop out if they want to be mardy about it. These lads are millionaires and they got a kushdy life with everyone blowing smoke up their arses and I think theres times they get away with alot. How many times do we read that players just get a cortisone injection and get on with it?

BUT at the same time - they ARE millionaires and IF they are really injured they do have a chance to cut their careers short.

I wonder Moyesinho was making hazard play through injuries last season?? Mourinho is going to lost utd changing room with his attitude which would be good to see lol martial plays like he doesn't want to be at utd I would love him at chelsea 

Mourinho doesn't need a sabbatical. His problems seem very clear to me; his tactics and management style are outdated and he suffers from the fact that he is not "the special one" anymore and you can see this by the amount of times he has reminded others, particularly in the past two seasons, of his career achievements. His whispers to Antonio weren't mind games, they were the cries of a man who had just witnessed his old club fall in love with a new manager. 

These aren't the signs of a man who just needs 'a break', it seems clear that he suffers from not being so special anymore. I genuinely think he should retire. I would probably take most managers in the league over him and that speaks volume of his decline.

24 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Mourinho doesn't need a sabbatical. His problems seem very clear to me; his tactics and management style are outdated and he suffers from the fact that he is not "the special one" anymore and you can see this by the amount of times he has reminded others, particularly in the past two seasons, of his career achievements. His whispers to Antonio weren't mind games, they were the cries of a man who had just witnessed his old club fall in love with a new manager. 

These aren't the signs of a man who just needs 'a break', it seems clear that he suffers from not being so special anymore. I genuinely think he should retire. I would probably take most managers in the league over him and that speaks volume of his decline.

This is why you need a sabbatical - to rest your mind and take time to reflect and put things into perspective. He is not old, it's too early for him to retire. He's not coping well with the pressure, his constant meltdowns show that. I think a bit of rest would do him good, maybe he'd come back with fresh ideas...

https://theringer.com/manchester-united-manager-jose-mourinho-hasnt-changed-with-game-908ae3a8b101#.ck96rxna6

A fantastic article on Mourinhos lack of evolution/flexibility which has caught up with him.