The Mourinho Thread

8 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I cheered at the final whistle.
He has put together a very nice team, he deserved it.
It could've been us, we're too blind for that.
Hope he wins the league if we (more likely than not) can't. Oh and the Europa League as well.

Wow. Don't get me wrong, I firmly disagreed with the decision to sack Mourinho, but what's done is done and I have to say it is nice not having to defend both him and the club after every press conference.

I hope he's happy at United (and I think he's not), but now we have to relegate him to the past and move on as one club - despite the same people trying to recreate the same rift by slagging off John Terry and trying to pretend he's not the best CB we have.

Cheering on another club is one (or, rather 5 or 6) steps too far.

Sorry guys, first post that I wish I didn't have to waste in this thread, but I just couldn't help poking my head in. My question to you all in here is, what if Mourinho goes on to have massive success with United and is there for up to maybe a decade? How would that make you feel about him then? Would you blame the board for letting him go, or would you be questioning why he didn't do it with us?

1 hour ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Wow. Don't get me wrong, I firmly disagreed with the decision to sack Mourinho, but what's done is done and I have to say it is nice not having to defend both him and the club after every press conference.

I hope he's happy at United (and I think he's not), but now we have to relegate him to the past and move on as one club - despite the same people trying to recreate the same rift by slagging off John Terry and trying to pretend he's not the best CB we have.

Cheering on another club is one (or, rather 5 or 6) steps too far.

Thank you for the civilized, well thought response. That's indeed rare to see. (and rather laughable to read the other posts, that cheered me right up.)
Just to be clear, I'm on board with Conte 100%, how could I not be? When the time will come that Chelsea face (and please pay attention to my wording here) Mourinho, then yes he will become public enemy #1, we'll have to win no matter what.
However normally, in any other match, I would like to see José win, which, should that happen, will cause me to cheer for him.
World is not so black and white as people believe it to be.

I hope it all comes crashing down for him. He is not Chelsea and people need to realise that,  he joined a direct rival so fuck him. 

Ill give it 2 years until he throws a tantrum and pisses everyone off 

4 minutes ago, Alan Partridge said:

I hope it all comes crashing down for him. He is not Chelsea and people need to realise that,  he joined a direct rival so fuck him. 

Ill give it 2 years until he throws a tantrum and pisses everyone off 

Lots of people who are just as much Chelsea as you agree that they want United to fail. I therefore can't deny that yours is a widespread point of view but I don't think the Jose hatred is shared by a significant percentage of us. The anti-Jose minority is hugely over represented in this forum's membership. Personally, I'd be happy if Jose wins the Europa League and finishes second in everything else.

15 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Thank you for the civilized, well thought response. That's indeed rare to see. (and rather laughable to read the other posts, that cheered me right up.)
Just to be clear, I'm on board with Conte 100%, how could I not be? When the time will come that Chelsea face (and please pay attention to my wording here) Mourinho, then yes he will become public enemy #1, we'll have to win no matter what.
However normally, in any other match, I would like to see José win, which, should that happen, will cause me to cheer for him.
World is not so black and white as people believe it to be.

Yes, I think they key is that I wish him to succeed *as long as* he doesn't out succeed us.

He is Chelsea, and despite what those that don't like him say, he wasn't going to walk away. He would have got us out of this mess. Oh well, flogging a dead horse I think. I must have had this exact conversation a good 50 times around the time of that Sunderland match.

18 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

It's ridiculous that some here give more of a shit about how they do than Conte and our boys. You like Mou? Good, but this isn't a Mourinho fans forum, it's Chelsea's. If you rather see him and Utd do well and celebrate their wins, I suggest you try this.

Are you serious? Are you claiming to know of Chelsea fans who care more about how Jose and United fare than they do about Antonio and Chelsea? I don't know any, not a single one and I'll be stunned if you do either.

In fact if anyone self-identifies as one of us but then says she/he subscribes to the ManU before Chelsea silliness, I'd say that's all the evidence you could need that they are either deluding themselves or just plain lying. Me? I want Jose to do well but since I always want Chelsea to win everything, there's a limit to how well that amounts to.

On 08/08/2016 at 3:12 PM, nono said:

...Just like when De Bruyne was pushed out because of Mourinho's stubbornness...

How do you get stubbornness out of this? Jose did not think KDB should be slected so he didn't select him. TSO may have been right in that decision, he may have been wrong, but are you suggesting that it is stubbornnes for a manager to pick the players he thinks are right for the team? Am I to assume that if you were the manager you wouldn't pick the players you believed were best for your side, but would pick the other ones instead so no one could think you were being stubborn?

Tell us you think Jose was wrong by all means but don't expect an easy ride if you just want to throw baseless accqusations at our former manager.

On 8/8/2016 at 6:59 AM, Essien19 said:

I wish Mourinho only the best after what he's done for this club time and time again. I stand by my opinion that the club should have better kicked out some of the players, i can't condone their behaviour. So excuse me when i feel a little satisfaction.

I don't like the management, i don't like some players, mistreated the coach, but guess what i like the club, i'm still around, you can make of it whatever you want. Maybe for you i'm only a Jose fan, for others maybe not, but why are we talking about me, i stated my opinion and i'm continuing to do so as long as i like. It's about the opinion, not the person, just food for thought. :)

I think apart from the this story, where i'm biased af, i'm (for you) more bearable in other threads.

Cheers!

You know your very contradictory here. 

You always talk about the players mistreated the coach. But when the coach mistreats the players it's okay? 

Like he has done with Mata, Bastian, Casillas etc etc. 

But it's okay because the players are professional and getting big wages.....like if Mourinho is not in the same bracket....

Yeah you hold a big double standards my friend.