The Mourinho Thread

Just now, MichaelDance said:

He loves Chelsea, he loves us (the fans), he loves everything about Chelsea, the only thing I wish was that our owner felt the same way as he did.... If the owner did he would have kept Mourinho and sacked his  right man for the awful transfers and waste of the club / his money.

To be perfectly honest, you can't sack a technical director when its the manager who lost/upset the majority of the dressing room (which seems to be a recurring thing with him hence why hes never lasted more than 3 years at any club and likely won't).

Also how can anybody question Roman's feeling for the club either? People seem to forget we hadn't won a league title since 1955 before 2005. Sure we'd won European trophies and won FA cups, Charity Shields etc but the club is in the place it is right now as a global brand solely because of one mans ambition and that man is Roman Abramovich. Since he took over we have been the most successful English team in terms of winning trophies despite all the sackings and bumps along the way. 

Sure things have gone tits up to for people to question a man who's commitment has been shown in an investment of £1 billion or more is ridiculous. Just wait and see as well if Mourinho becomes Manchester United manager, it will show how much he "loves" Chelsea wont it?

Jose will win cups at United then lose the plot and will be gone within 2-4 seasons. Classic Jose 

Winning cups at Chelsea's expense, but at least we'll play some nice footie, maybe some youngsters will leave because they want to win something, or maybe not, we'll see.

One thing is for sure: Winning trophies is very bad for Chelsea.

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

To be perfectly honest, you can't sack a technical director when its the manager who lost/upset the majority of the dressing room (which seems to be a recurring thing with him hence why hes never lasted more than 3 years at any club and likely won't).

Also how can anybody question Roman's feeling for the club either? People seem to forget we hadn't won a league title since 1955 before 2005. Sure we'd won European trophies and won FA cups, Charity Shields etc but the club is in the place it is right now as a global brand solely because of one mans ambition and that man is Roman Abramovich. Since he took over we have been the most successful English team in terms of winning trophies despite all the sackings and bumps along the way. 

Sure things have gone tits up to for people to question a man who's commitment has been shown in an investment of £1 billion or more is ridiculous. Just wait and see as well if Mourinho becomes Manchester United manager, it will show how much he "loves" Chelsea wont it?

So you want a Technical Director who buys and brings in crap players? Wasting money but hey at least he's not on the technical box trying to get players to play for the club... Do you see how pathetic that sounds? If Mourinho bought in the awful players fair enough you can't sack the director sat in a warm boardroom choosing the next pathetic players to join our first team or loan back to their own club trying to get some more cash which is then re-blown.

I can question Roman's feelings, he claimed when he joined he loved watching Chelsea "I enjoy England and I'd like to see every Chelsea game"... And when asked if it's all about money he said no.

"Money?" I ask Abramovich. "Is this deal about making a profit?"

He laughs. "No, it's not about making money. I have many much less risky ways of making money than this. I don't want to throw my money away, but it's really about having fun and that means success and trophies."

- Source (BBC)

Doesn't seem like that does it? It's all about money (profit from huge ticket prices, winning trophies... it even cost's the manager who loves the club inside and out).

Speaking about Mourinho at United... HE didn't want to leave Chelsea he was SACKED, so if you are sacked you can go into other companies / clubs. He still loves Chelsea but you have to make a living and he's a winner and he loves challenges too, you get both of them at the next biggest club in England. Minus City who is like third :)

7 hours ago, MichaelDance said:

He loves Chelsea, he loves us (the fans), he loves everything about Chelsea, the only thing I wish was that our owner felt the same way as he did.... If the owner did he would have kept Mourinho and sacked his  right man for the awful transfers and waste of the club / his money.

Im sorry but to doubt Romans love for the club is upsurd.

Now I actually think Jose overachieved in his first two season's here back again, first season he took a team that was tip four challenging mid 70s points at best to a title challenge with 82 points, people go on about how Jose ruined a potentially great team, the way we were building this supposedly potential great team was all wrong, all style no substance, if Jose didn't return and sort some balance into it (hard working winger, Willian, solid centre mid, Matic) we would have been floating about in endless limbo, a lot of you wish both Mata and De Bruyne stayed, so I'm guessing the dream was Mata, Eden and De Bruyne behind the forward? I mean seriously, drunk Phil Mitchell has more balance than that trio on the same team, we would have got murdered on the break.

Also with the second season, we made quality signings and our squad was good enough to challenge for the league but not walk it, Jose made that difference, when theform dropped he adjusted tactics to keep us top.

Ive gone on a bit, but what I said is to get to this point, and to show I'm not one if the anti Jose crew but he fucked up this season and deserved the sack, there is no excuse in the world for having Chelsea one point of relegation after 16 games, you could say his track record should have brought him more time but it did, Mous history with the club and winning pedigree gave him ample chances to turn this around, anyone else would have been gone at worst after Saints and at best after Stoke.

Then I question you why was Sir Alex Ferguson & Arsene Wenger not sacked when they had a bad run of games, and Arsene still hasn't won a good trophy (minus the FA cup) I mean BPL and Europe.... Because on your logic they would have been out the door long ago.

So you want a Technical Director who buys and brings in crap players? Wasting money but hey at least he's not on the technical box trying to get players to play for the club... Do you see how pathetic that sounds? If Mourinho bought in the awful players fair enough you can't sack the director sat in a warm boardroom choosing the next pathetic players to join our first team or loan back to their own club trying to get some more cash which is then re-blown.

I can question Roman's feelings, he claimed when he joined he loved watching Chelsea "I enjoy England and I'd like to see every Chelsea game"... And when asked if it's all about money he said no.

Doesn't seem like that does it? It's all about money (profit from huge ticket prices, winning trophies... it even cost's the manager who loves the club inside and out).

Speaking about Mourinho at United... HE didn't want to leave Chelsea he was SACKED, so if you are sacked you can go into other companies / clubs. He still loves Chelsea but you have to make a living and he's a winner and he loves challenges too, you get both of them at the next biggest club in England. Minus City who is like third :)

Mourinho still had to say yes to the players though. Emenalo can pick out players, have them scouted and the suggest to buy them but if Mourinho says yes then he has the final say.

If Mourinho didn't want Hector, Papy or Pedro he just had to say no, the manager has final say.. they work with the technical director. Emenalo is the same guy who was influential in the scouting and recruitment of Courtois, Lukaku, Mata, Hazard, Willian, Fabregas, Costa and who ever else but he wasn't the guy saying yes at the final process, the managers were. Not every signing succeeds but if a manager doesn't truly want a player they shouldn't say yes when the technical director suggests them. The club has been well run in terms of finances the last 3 or 4 years to stick in with FFP too, so not everything is as bad as you make out. The summer window was poor yes but still Jose got Falcao (who was apparently the player he wanted the most all summer), Pedro, Begovic, Kenedy, Baba Rahmann (recommended to him and the club by Avram Grant) and whoever else.

And you can stop spinning the shit about if your sacked you can go into other companies and clubs, if he loves Chelsea he wouldn't go to manage United or City or whoever regardless. Jose said that the love affair with the club for Lampard ended as soon as he signed for City on loan or whatever and so by his standards it would be exactly the same for Jose. Ashley Cole played at Arsenal then moved here and said he'd never play for another English club out of respect to Chelsea, Gerrard the same for Liverpool and Terry will be the same when he goes in the summer. Jose cannot use such an excuse, Cech can't and Lampard couldn't either.  

Also how can you question Roman's feelings for the club? People were skeptical in case he got up and left after 2005-06 season taking money out of the club but he didn't and he has been here now for over 10 years. He has never took vast sums of money out of the club either but has heavily invested. Modern day Chelsea would never be what it is now if he hadn't came by. All your great modern day managers and players, your Mourinho's, Ancelotti's, Drogba's, Ballack's, Ashley Cole's etc would never have ended up coming here and the club wouldn't have grown to what it has done in terms of being recognized as a brand globally. 

I'm not going to argue with you any more but who's bigger a DIRECTOR or a MANAGER? If I own a company the board is higher than any member of staff from managers to employees, or do you live in a different world to me?

chain-command-organization-35237445.jpg

depositphotos_5777757-Pyramid-of-Chain-o

I'm not going to argue with you any more but who's bigger a DIRECTOR or a MANAGER? If I own a company the board is higher than any member of staff from managers to employees, or do you live in a different world to me?

chain-command-organization-35237445.jpg

depositphotos_5777757-Pyramid-of-Chain-o

So how does that have anything to do with why we needed to sack Emenalo in favor of a stubborn, self centered manager who lost the dressing room and had tried to blame the players after the Leicester game for 'betraying his instructions' when his relationship with a lot of players had deteriorated?

People seem to think Jose is more important than Chelsea FC itself, when in fact its not and you just need to look at how happier everyone is now he isn't in charge. 

18 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

Then I question you why was Sir Alex Ferguson & Arsene Wenger not sacked when they had a bad run of games, and Arsene still hasn't won a good trophy (minus the FA cup) I mean BPL and Europe.... Because on your logic they would have been out the door long ago.

Did Wenger ever end up flirting with the relegation places (beyond the table taking shape period)? Since 2005 Arsenal board have only demanded top four if Wenger and in that respect he has delivered every time.

Fergie on the other hand is a completely different era, he is also a complete one off, just because Fergie worked given time doesn't mean everyone else will.

Furthermore if Sir Alex in the modern era ever had a five month period like Jose just did I thinkeven he would be sweating for his job, some United fans thought it was time for a change in the mid 00s, I can't imagine the same fans would think differently under those circumstances.

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Sir Alex and Wenger never put their respective clubs 1 point above relegation zone in December. Massive, massive difference between consistently getting 4th/not getting CL /and/ getting relegated (and don't try and sugarcoat, we were heading for relegation). 

Also another thing is that Wenger and Sir Alex didn't lose the dressing room. Jose did.

If Chelsea were even 7th in December, he would be still our manager. Because it shows the players are actually playing for the manager, but just having a bad season and we can bounce back next season with Mourinho. 1 point above relegation for a big club like us is 200% unacceptable. Especially when we were just champions last season.

To be honest, how is any manager ever meant to avoid player power here? Drogba and co set a dangerous precedent under past managers that showed a clear Chelsea policy, first in first out. As in, first manager in first manager out. 

Even an ultimate authoritarian like Ferguson would struggle under this model. There is no fear in these guys to be 'sacked', they know who's head the axe falls on every 6-18 months.

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

Sir Alex can handle it, as shown in late 00's. If a player doesn't want to play for him anymore, he's benched and sold. We saw it with van Nistelrooy and Beckham. Mourinho? Doesn't do it. And gets punished for it. You field the players that want to play for you.

But that's what I mean yo. Ferguson had the ability to pick and choose his transfers, complete control. 

We have to also remember there will never be another Ferguson, so it's a moot comparison. But I still think it's a valid point that these guys simply don't fear the consequences of not turning up 100%. I don't know how that will change, attitudes set can only disappear through action.. Hiring an able coach and not living under a cloud of longevity for the sake of it would be a good fcking start.

4 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Hiddink on #CFC hierarchy message: "Get away from the relegation zone — that was what they asked me to do" #CFC (Mail)

Hiddink on #CFC hierarchy message: "And if you can do more and get us to an FA Cup final & Champions League that would be marvellous" (Mail)

This was posted in The Hiddink thread but I am bringing it here because I find it relevant to the Mourinho saga. 

If I understand right, the board were already giving up on the season, and only acted towards Mourinho when things got really, really bad, e.g. one point above relegation zone. 

Does that mean that had Mourinho stayed 14th or 13th for a few additional games, the board would be willing to give him the chance to end the season ? I would like to think so. 

This is really huge if true, the board were ready to give him as much time as he needed and were ready to tolerate a second half of the table finish I guess, but once things got really really messy, they had to act. 

And rightly so, look at the team in the last week, and that was coming after a really good Hiddink spell ( relatively ), just imagine if we were in March with the same methods, team selection and game plan, what could've happened ? 

We'll never know, and i've always defended Mourinho even when we were one point above relegation, but he is as guilty as the board and the players for this nightmare season, and since we can't sack everyone... 

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Mourinho, December 14, 2015: "All last season I did phenomenal work & I brought them to a level that is... more than they really are."

I'm starting to believe he was right.

It's time that people stop misinterpreting this sentence : ( starts at 2:20 )

He is presenting assumptions to answer the question about the players' level : "Or last season i did a phenomenal work brought them to a level that is not their level, or this season we are doing so bad that the players for some reason [...] clearly where for some of them it's so difficult" 

"Or" plays the "whether" role here. ( One of the translations for whether in portuguese is "ou" actually, which is "or" in french, and since he speaks that many languages, you can't blame him for not placing the exact word... )

And if I understand it right, he is trying to imply that it is an extraordinary coincidence that all these players have such dips in form in the same time. 

But of course, all people got from the video was that "All last season I did phenomenal work & I brought them to a level that is... more than they really are"