Kenedy

the wes

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

He played really well. Hit the post too. I honestly can't see why he wasnt given more playing time here. Must be something behind closed doors that managers see in him that obviously we cant. For me, given the game time, he could have challanged Alonso for that wingback position.

I agreed on this many months ago. 

Fortunately, this time it may not be like deBruyne, Salah, or Bertrand --but then again, it might become the same. ^_^

He played really well. Hit the post too. I honestly can't see why he wasnt given more playing time here. Must be something behind closed doors that managers see in him that obviously we cant. For me, given the game time, he could have challanged Alonso for that wingback position.
Think the saga in China hurt him massively this season.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, DDA said:

I think that was it too. Club spent a lot of money trying to grow the brand in China, and pretty much all of it was undone by his social media account. It was a waste of time after his story came out.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:
8 hours ago, DDA said:

What actually happened??? I ignored the story.

9 hours ago, Thor said:

He isn't a LWB. He is clearly a winger. Not sure why he hasn't played there. He is a very talented player. 

Our LWB Alonso basically plays as a striker anyway. Kenedy did ok in the few games he played at LWB imo. 

To be honest, the LWB role is more comparable to an old school LM role. 

On 03/02/2018 at 0:45 PM, The Skipper said:

Our LWB Alonso basically plays as a striker anyway. Kenedy did ok in the few games he played at LWB imo. 

To be honest, the LWB role is more comparable to an old school LM role. 

He was never going to be a long term option at LWB or even at LB under Hiddink and Mourinho. He doesn't exactly look a great talent but he'll surprise people at Newcastle I think if played in an attacking position. Still think he has a long way to go to be a squad player here, yet alone a starter.

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He was never going to be a long term option at LWB or even at LB under Hiddink and Mourinho. He doesn't exactly look a great talent but he'll surprise people at Newcastle I think if played in an attacking position. Still think he has a long way to go to be a squad player here, yet alone a starter.

I don’t think he’ll ever be an elite attacker though. Hence why it should be paramount for him to learn the defensive side of the game, as he could be a good LWB/LB in my book. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I don’t think he’ll ever be an elite attacker though. Hence why it should be paramount for him to learn the defensive side of the game, as he could be a good LWB/LB in my book. 

Can't see him ever making it a top 4 level club anyway, not anytime soon. Think him learning the defensive side of the game to be reinvented into one of those positions would just kill his development as a footballer. He looks so much better going forwards and even then, hes not overly great at that. 

Yeah as i  said before with him and Moses etc  and that old commentators saying =squares pegs with round holes comments comes to mind , alot to do  with changing managers every 2.4 years dosn't  help  lol 

On 2/3/2018 at 3:15 AM, Thor said:

He isn't a LWB. He is clearly a winger. Not sure why he hasn't played there. He is a very talented player. 

Just don't agree. From the first time I watched him on youtube I felt, and said, that he wasn't good enough to play for this club. Sadly, he has not done anything to change my mind and I long ago gave up expecting him to.