Kenedy

the wes

Well, it's rumoured that we can completely be banned from China so it's kind of a big deal.

Are they really such snowflakes over there? For a powerful country they sure are sensitive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Are they really such snowflakes over there? For a powerful country they sure are sensitive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's strange for a European/Western civilization man, but it's the far East and China is a unitary state. 

The FA are writing to us asking for Kenedy's observations on the matter.

It's serious because he's a poignant figure playing for a huge club that is on a marketing mission to sell a brand in a huge footballing country. He's just been a very silly boy and is now suffering the consequences.

I've often thought, if I was a professional athlete, I'd just not have any social media.  More headaches than upside.  Dick pic posted = "hacked", why did you "like" this?  Only an opportunity to say something stupid.  No one cares about the 1000s of non-offensive tweets/posts.  But, just 1 wrong one....

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I've often thought, if I was a professional athlete, I'd just not have any social media.  More headaches than upside.  Dick pic posted = "hacked", why did you "like" this?  Only an opportunity to say something stupid.  No one cares about the 1000s of non-offensive tweets/posts.  But, just 1 wrong one....

Yep. Or just use it smartly like Azpi, but many young footballers don't exactly shine with wits.

11 hours ago, Henrique said:

Its no Kenedy fault that Chinese people cant understand portuguese and british press is lazy enough to not even make a proper translation of what he said.

The whole situation is pretty laughable. 

Vast majority of people, who care, in China already know he was just laughing at a security guard.

They still find it disrespectful and unacceptable. You don't do that in China.

25 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Vast majority of people, who care, in China already know he was just laughing at a security guard.

They still find it disrespectful and unacceptable. You don't do that in China.

I see, laughing at a security guard is a HUGE disrespect...okay. I see that there are a lot of money in China right now, so the club must release official statements and send the player home, apologize and do all kind of stuff, because since its a dictatorship full of capitalist money you can't afford to lose that kind of money, so you just accept the demands. If that was something in Russia, western press would saying how the russians are brainwashed by Putin's authoritarian ethos or something like that.

Again, Kenedy didn't anything wrong and he did not disrespect China, but I understand who got the money can demand everything they want.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I see, laughing at a security guard is a HUGE disrespect...okay. I see that there are a lot of money in China right now, so the club must release official statements and send the player home, apologize and do all kind of stuff, because since its a dictatorship full of capitalist money you can't afford to lose that kind of money, so you just accept the demands. If that was something in Russia, western press would saying how the russians are brainwashed by Putin's authoritarian ethos or something like that.

Again, Kenedy didn't anything wrong and he did not disrespect China, but I understand who got the money can demand everything they want.

Not just a security guard. Anybody.

Stars in Asia have to be humble, if they don't they face backlash. While Kennedy isnt a star, he is in the public light and is expected to behave as such by the public. If you think Kennedy is getting it bad, you should see the standards China holds their own stars.

18 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Not just a security guard. Anybody.

Stars in Asia have to be humble, if they don't they face backlash. While Kennedy isnt a star, he is in the public light and is expected to behave as such by the public. If you think Kennedy is getting it bad, you should see the standards China holds their own stars.

Heard on talkshi*e today a china expert blah blah blah reckons this is that bad chelsea won't be back in china for at least another 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DDA said:

If he got a squad number... it's because there is nobody else.

Maybe he got a squad number because no one else wants to sign him after that social media outburst..

Hopefully we sign a proper LWB as competition for Alonso as Kenedy definitely isn't ready

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He's miles away from 1st team quality and considering he is basically back up to Alonso must tell the story as to why we need to spend in this area.

What actually makes you think that? We have not really seen enough of him to say he is not good enough. Actually the few performances he put in for us were quite decent.