Arda Turan

Adnane

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to reports from The Express this morning, Manchester United have struck a deal to sign Arda Turan – but the Atletico Madrid star would prefer a move to Chelsea.
Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]

this rumour is starting to get boring ffs <_<<_<

Costa: "And Arda is such a great person. He invited us to eat at his house many times; I really liked his kebab." #CFC (AS)

Costa: "The whole team would go round to his [Arda Turan's] house for dinner" #CFC (AS)

Costa: "Mourinho dedicates himself completely to his work. He adores his job and immerses himself in it." #CFC (AS)

Mourinho: "At the moment the team is resting but I am sure Jose isn’t – he will be planning, doing things to improve the team" #CFC (AS)

Costa: "Mourinho makes things easier for the players. Simeone is still a relatively young coach and he always strives for the best" #CFC

I fail to see, how others fail to see, that Arda epitomizes what it means to be 'Chelsea'. Find me another player in his position that does too.

I fail to see, how others fail to see, that Arda epitomizes what it means to be 'Chelsea'. Find me another player in his position that does too.

What sort of a player is he? What are his strengths \ weaknesses ?

I'm asking since I've only watched him so much ..

Pros: he will balance our attack, maybe even midfield. Can hold the ball, link well. Drops deep to collect the ball and then goes forward (much like Hazard). Very versatile. Can play on either wing, middle, maybe even deeper. But playing on wing, doesnt make him typical winger. He can cross, widen the play, but isnt your typical Bale/Ronaldo to stay there. He moves alot in attacking area and midfield. Very hardworking, literaly fights for every ball. He uses his intelligence, ball control to make up for lack of pace. Generaly does realy well in big games. Doesnt score or assist much, but has a knack to do that in key games (chelsea, real, juve,...). Consistent, reliable. Tacticaly perfect Mou player. Works his ass off, but still very creative in final third.

Cons: Gets tired quite soon, almost never finished 90min. Has some fitness issues. Pace is his biggest problem. He is quite agressive. Picks yellow on regular basis. But apart from his incident with throwing boot at linesaman, he didnt do stupid shit. He gets cards for either bad tackles or arguing with ref. Very poor stat record, doesnt score or assist much.

He has character, spirit of warrior. If he shows same passion like in Atletico, fans will LOVE him. Like they love Costa. Similar players are Hazard, Ribery, but Arda has less pace. To some extent even Iniesta, but obviously not as good.

He realy is a leader, captain of turkey, but also the one that pulled strings for atletico for all these years. We lack leaders in team, and probably his leadership, experience elevate him above Willian, Oscar more than his football abilities alone.

Costa: "I would really like to be reunited with him [Arda Turan] it would be fantastic because he is a player that makes my job easier" #CFC

Costa: "Arda, Filipe Luis and I achieved great success together and he really is a great guy." (via @Turkish_Futbol)

The relationship thats built into these guys is hard to break. You can see in the photos taken after scoring theres real joy for each others achievments

This is why I THINK MAYBE Turan AND Falcao joining at the same time would be great for all of us. If ANYTHING will ever spur Falcao on to be anywhere near how we need him it will be getting back with the lads he was with when he was one of the best.

BlueLyon has explained Arda better than I could.

What I meant though when saying he's a Chelsea type player is the fact that while he's a flashy player with flair and plays further up the pitch, he's still a bulldog and will fuck you up if you try something cheeky on him / his teammate. When I think of atypical Chelsea players I think of players who will headbutt you in the face (Ivanovic, Ballack, Drogba, Costa), and I don't think any other player in Turan's position has this passion / personality / headbutting skills. It gives a team a cutting edge, sometimes, when the players are simply aggressive. That edge cuts both ways, though. There's being aggressive but staying on the pitch like Costa and then there's being aggressive and getting sent off most of the time like Frimpong. Turan falls into the former category.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You