Chelsea v Man United

Jase

Hate to add to the negativity in here but I can honestly see us getting totally bossed in midfield in this one with the form Fabregas and Matic are in. Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera all in fantastic form. Even fucking Ashley Young has been great lately and will probably destroy Ivanovic who will inevitably play even though he's been abysmal for ages now.

We know United are weak in defense from wide areas but you know Luis will be parked on the bench being wasted.

Like Jason said, if Remy can't go we're fucked here. We need pace, movement, and runs in behind from our striker, none of which Drogba has.

If this were at Old Trafford I'd say we might get hammered in this form we're in. I trust José to get at least a point at home.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen us play in the last 7 weeks or so. Hull city dominated us ffs and they are vastly inferior to Utd who are bang in form.

Hull outplayed us in some minutes, not the all game.. but off course if we'll play like vs Hull or today, United will dominate the match. I just dont think it will happen in the Bridge in a big game against them. City did it but City played well in the middle of tha park, when they're playing well they're better and more dominant than this United imo. United doesnt have the quality in midfield to control this kind of game for 60-90 minutes.

If Costa could stay fit for this one, I bet I won't hear half of negativity in here. So, I think the problem is not that you are fear of MU, but you are lack of confidence with your team.

Cheers up people, Jose's record against big teams is not a coincidence.

I felt that the team was utterly disspointed after getting knocked out so early in the Champions League and got complacent lately against the lesser sides. I'm sure they will step up their game against United and Arsenal. Jose lives for these big games and he will set them up with the right mentality for these two games in particular.

Fellaini is playing really well these days so Chelsea need someone good in the air to contain him, this is why I'm picking Zouma to start this one and be his watch dog.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Matic Zouma

Willian Cesc Hazard

Remy

If Costa could stay fit for this one, I bet I won't hear half of negativity in here. So, I think the problem is not that you are fear of MU, but you are lack of confidence with your team.

Cheers up people, Jose's record against big teams is not a coincidence.

Tbh with the way we have been playing lately I can't really blame them.

I don't think we will be so lax defensively like City + Fab and Matic don't have to fear suspension anymore so hopefully we will put up a better performance. We definitely need Remy for this.

I think we might set up like a 4-3-3 for this one. I'm hoping for Luis to play (although I highly doubt he will) to give Hazard some space and threaten them more. But I think he is more likely to switch off than Azpi and Fellaini heads it in the back post.

Courtois

Iva Cahill/Zouma Terry Azpi/Luis

Rami Matic Cesc

Willian Remy Hazard

We are the only team in the Premier League that has more wins head to head against Man United. They are surely on a brilliant run but I think we will come alive in a big game. We really need Remy for this one because Drogba can hardly compete at 37... I believe we will defend at first place but we won't park the bus.

I felt that the team was utterly disspointed after getting knocked out so early in the Champions League and got complacent lately against the lesser sides. I'm sure they will step up their game against United and Arsenal. Jose lives for these big games and he will set them up with the right mentality for these two games in particular.

Fellaini is playing really well these days so Chelsea need someone good in the air to contain him, this is why I'm picking Zouma to start this one and be his watch dog.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Matic Zouma

Willian Cesc Hazard

Remy

I somehow really see Zouma as a good option to mark Fellaini in this game. I cannot see Matic marking him all the time because he has other functions.

You say that like we have been any better, performance wise, since the turn of the new year. Jason's concern is definitely legitimate and it would require another flawless performance from Thibo to get something out of this game since we have been rubbish at our trademark tactics in big games this season i,e parking the bus properly.

Trust me you are giving United more credit that they deserve. At home we will not lose. Get Matic to cover felaini and you have cut Uniteds attacking in half.

i would play

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Matic - Fabregas

Ramires - Oscar/Willian - Hazard

Remy

Willian or Oscar need to start in the number 10 role, as one of them will need to do a job on Carrick, if we stop Carrick from playing they will have to resort to long balls up to Fellaini, which we can deal with.

3-1 Chelsea

Trust me you are giving United more credit that they deserve. At home we will not lose. Get Matic to cover felaini and you have cut Uniteds attacking in half.

Well once you win 6 on a bounce including handsomely beating Spurs, Liverpool and City consecutievely you tend to deserve credit...same City side that we barely got a draw with embarassing tactics in the 2nd half at home and Liverpool team which we luckily won over 2 games. Spurs are shit so not to mention them, but then they did rekt us 5-3...

Well once you win 6 on a bounce including handsomely beating Spurs, Liverpool and City consecutievely you tend to deserve credit...same City side that we barely got a draw with embarassing tactics in the 2nd half at home and Liverpool team which we luckily won over 2 games. Spurs are shit so not to mention them, but then they did rekt us 5-3...

Every post of yours is negative. You talk about us as if we are trash. We have only lost 2 games in the league this season. We have the best goal difference, we won the most games, our striker is leading top goal scorer (even though he was banned and injured), and even though we arent playing well we are still winning games. Be positive man! Always so pessimistic.

If we start poorly, i hope we concede the goal because usualy we turn on after it.

As long as we dont play like crap whoe game and they score in the 90th min.

Like last time..that took the piss.We kept a clean sheet today yay maybe the start of something :D