Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We needed to attack PSG, losing to a team who played nearly 90 minutes out of 120 with just 10 men is pretty close to embarrassing, sure we only went out on away goals but we deservedly went out after two absolutely abysmal performances where we could have conceded maybe 5 or more goals in both legs combined if it weren't down to awful awful finishing or great goalkeeping.

mourihno out, ancelotti or lowe in...... so fucking tired of mourihnos BS negative park the fucking bus tactics. WTF is the point of having such talent up front if we dont use it

5) Focus on EPL Title and get the jonb done ASAp so we can try Cuadrado and other youngsters. Sadly the level of EPL is the lowest in the last 15 years.

totally agree with this statement ... if we can't win EPL, i don't what this team is good for ! ( no i have not lost my senses)

we are 5 points ahead dont have anything other EPL to look forward to can't see why we can't win unless we are absolute shit.

I hope Mourinho will make some changes in Sunday. We haven't seen Filipe, Rémy or Cuadrado for weeks, they definetly deserve a chance.

My major concern is Costa.. He's been way too agressive this season but poor in goalscoring. He should have been sent off today again but didn't even have a nice shot. Maybe he should sit on the bench for a game or two to calm the fuck down.

I hate the passing game. I like fast action.

By the time we decide to do something it's past midnight.

It's like the USSR of old if you remember and I disagree with Mourinho's idea to copy it from Barcelona. Well, not when you are held at 0-0 anyway !

I don't think parking the bus was his mistake tonight, unless you think PSG were the team that should n't be able to make a single attack or create nothing (like Burnley - Aston Villa might be).
If you look for a Mourinho mistake, it's what I mention.

Mourinho went great guns for this type of deployment this season. Last season, with Eto-Lamps-Torres he was n't doing that.

You see Willian going down the right flank, or Ivanovitch and they can't find anybody in the area. It's only red shirts in there. So we go for the endless circles. Goals don't come and we wait and wait and wait. In the end the goal that did come (Cahill's) was certainly not one out of Mourinho's book of orthodoxy.
In the old days with Didier-Essien and company, he was not into that.

Absolutely pathetic performance. I hope people in this thread who are always the first to defend Mourinho's negative style stop with their bullshit now. So much of us has have complained about how bad we play in the big games. The players were awful. I don't care what the commentators said. I excuse Hazard as he was the only one who was trying. The rest off the team awful and Mourinho when are you going to fuckin learn? Stop getting complacent and thinking it is gameover when we have the lead. Yes... even if it is against bloody 10 men.

Let's be honest. It would have been a fraud if we went through. Oscar deserved an Oscar for getting Ibra undeservedly sent off. We still were outplayed with a man advantage and once again we made Verratti look like a god. Once again in these big games we are unsure of playing Cesc in his usual position but we feel we should chuck him anywhere in the team. We do not learn. Fabregas struggled again for that reason. Complete shambles. And there was so many on here who thought this would be a walkover because they had been playing poor in their league. UCL is totally different and once again it shows, league form means bullshit.

It always baffled me when these pundits who obviously don't wach our games, keep stating if there is one team from England that can win it, it is Chelsea. Erm... why? We play the same bullshit football against any big team we play and constantly get outplayed. Why do people believe we had a chance of winning it? Just imagine if we played Barca, Real or Bayern with this style. But one thing it is obvious. Like Carragher pointed out just now. We play Fabregas and Oscar in these big games together, we are getting found out. So many problems within this team and the biggest shame is that PSG's only transfers this season was Aurier who did not even play and Luiz who so many fans mocked and we who had one of the best transfer windows got outplayed by a team who hardly improved from last season.

Just can't get over the fact that we were this poor against 10 men. 10 men! We never learn our lessons in these big games. Worse thing is it is more or less predictable that we are probably going to play this same way when we play Arsenal and even Liverpool ffs!

Agree with almost everything but this bit here. He didn't get him sent off that was a clear foul if the ref deemed it too reckless that's on him not Oscar.

I hope Mourinho will make some changes in Sunday. We haven't seen Filipe, Rémy or Cuadrado for weeks, they definetly deserve a bench.

My major concern is Costa.. He's been way too agressive this season but poor in goalscoring. He should have been sent off today again but didn't even have a nice shot. Maybe he should sit on the bench for a game or two to calm the fuck down.

He failed to spot Cesc in the 110th minute.

That would have sealed it.

I don't see Diego Costa leaving a Drogba like legend behind him when he departs unless some nuts in his head are fixed.

The job of haranguing Ruis is a defender's job to begin with, not his. And even that is no use, because we don't live in the 1960s - the refs pop out the cards and it's over.

Better team won and they deserved it. It would had been a crime if we would have moved ahead just like how Jose's Madrid did over Fergie's United.

We spend too much time on the ball ... It is slowing down our game and we did our offensive players to start taking shots on goal ...

This is probably the best post I've read so far.

For as much talent as we've got I find it baffling that we struggle finishing teams off. You'd be hard pressed to find another side who looks as nervy as we do with a lead.

Extremely disappointed with the result...especially at home. With plenty of rest. And against 10 men most of match.

Still one MASSIVE trophy to play for so let's go get the damn thing!!!

Few things to note - 1. No point in playing Fabregas if we are going to park the bus. He is a passenger 2. Even Burnley and Bradford is able to press against us successfully. PSG would absolutely do it 3. Why don't we ever try to play like we did in the first few months ? Attacking and always trying to score

Our team, and in general all english teams, just seem so deprived of energy in these big games.

The toughness of the league really is influencing the european performances imo

Mourinho himself said though. But I doubt it. From 2007 to 2009 there were 3 english teams in the champions league semifinal every year. The league was just as competitive as it is today. ONly twice have teams from uncompetitive leagues won the cl

1. Oscar is such a poor poor player. We sold Mata and De Bruyne for him?

2. The 19th century comments made by Mou look more and more ironic as each game goes by. Ramires on the right wing summed it all up.

3. We were never going to win the champions league this season with coward tactics so might as well be knocked out now and concentrate on the league.

4. Atmosphere was dreadful (again)

5. Why the FUCK did we buy Filipe Luis for?

6. Zlatan's red was an abomination. Our players crowding the ref was equally as embarrassing.

7. Hundreds of millions of dollars yet professional footballers can't cross the ball properly. heh.

8. Laurent Blanc out-mourinho'd Mourinho.