Chelsea 2-2 PSG

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Couple things I took from the game.

We still don't move it quickly enough, when we're in possession too many guys are taking 2-3 touches before the pass. Its been a problem for years now and today it was there again.

The game changed when Oscar came off the pitch THE GAME CHANGED WHEN OSCAR WAS SUBBED. PSG found it so easy to play through the middle when we stopped pressing high. Matic sat deep and couldn't get close and Cesc is pretty much a pylon when asked to get stuck in.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out why we changed shape when Zlatan went off... Basically gave them the advantage when it was ours, there was no reason to go 4-3-3 in that situation we had the extra man and could've kept them hemmed in had we stayed 4-2-3-1.

Jose got it wrong, as I've said before we aren't the type of team that can sit back and invite pressure anymore. Once Cesc is in one of the holding positions we have fissures to exploit. Up a man and a goal we should've been looking to go for the kill. We surrendered the midfield and possession to PSG and they punished us. We get up a man and play on our heels, Bayern go up a man and win 7-0.... I put this one 100% on Jose but having said that I still love him, he will hopefully learn from this.

All in all we should be embarrassed by that display at home and more than likely we are, you can't invite that sort of pressure to come onto you with the game on a knife edge.

In the end hats off to PSG they played hard and deserved to go through, we need to regroup quickly and start getting the balance between attack and defence right again.

Not sad just disappointed we didn't match the intensity of that game.

We stopped pressing after 20 minutes. With or without Oscar, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

Mourinho got his tactics wrong. We sat deep while we should have pressed.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We stopped pressing after 20 minutes. With or without Oscar, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

Mourinho got his tactics wrong. We sat deep while we should have pressed.

Not true at all. We stopped pressing when Zlatan went off.

We had nothing in the middle whatsoever with Matic so deep and Cesc a pylon. Oscar made it hard for them to play out the back and when he went off and we went to 4-3-3 we sat back and never got near them. Bottom line is Jose got it wrong today in so many ways.

1426114486-11058373-1348859045154308-473

I'm sure Jose is in tears not having that childish liability you were stupid enough to pay £50m in his squad. I'm assuming that playing in Ligue 1 where most teams are the same standard as those found in the English 3rd division he hasn't been found out yet to be an utter fraud. Germany and their 7 goals say hi.

I'm sure Jose is in tears not having that childish liability you were stupid enough to pay £50m in his squad. I'm assuming that playing in Ligue 1 where most teams are the same standard as those found in the English 3rd division he hasn't been found out yet to be an utter fraud. Germany and their 7 goals say hi.

1426114417-laurent-blanc.jpg

BPL best league in the world ?

No english team in the last 8

Monaco (4th ligue 1) > arsenal (4th PL). Easiest draw they said

PSG (2nd ligue 1) > Chelsea (1st BPL)

I can add liverpool losing to besiktas

C'mon man try harder the BPL is overrated

Look at Carragher's tweet even he knows it

Well, 2 hours later, and it still sucks. But PSG perhaps deserved to win the 1st leg and definitely this one. They played the aggressor the entirety of both matches. They never backed down. They looked to score and played physical. We looked like the underdog and showed fear when PSG was on the attack in my opinion. I don't get it.

From the point of the red card, you would have thought we were playing with 10 men or maybe even 9. Though I cannot stand PSG, give them all the credit and a well deserved victory.

Truth is, even with a victory tonight, unless we had drawn an easy opponent (are there really any left at this point?), we would not have been advancing much further. I saw no way we would get to the Final. We are not in the top 5 in Europe.

As for us, we look really exhausted, even with the week off. The small rotation of about 14 players appears to be taking its toll now. Its kind of like last year at this time when we started losing or drawing to the likes of West Brom. Villa, Sunderland, etc. Fabregas and Costa look completely worn out. I am ready to see Remy given a shot, maybe even this Saturday. Love Drogba, but he should not be in the starting XI. I actually miss Schurrle and his energy. We could have used him tonight. Not sure Cuadrado is equal to Schurrle, but we have not seen enough yet I suppose.

I am still with this club. I will be right back in front of the TV Sunday. Hope the players forget about it, move on, and start that march to hoisting the BPL trophy. No more distractions. One competition and one goal.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

That was the 2nd serious clash of the season.

The two matches against City was the other one.

So it's basically those four matches that make up the season and as critics we have to look into them.

Who is stronger than City in England -after us- and who is stronger than PSG in Europe among those we played against ?

So it's 4 1-1 draws and the elimination.

The forward line was found wanting.