Chelsea 2-2 PSG

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I think G.Nev said it clearly. The players just lacked energy and urgency when we should be completely suffocating them. I can understand Man City since the red card happened late and it's hard to change things up at that point. But surely everyone should have done better here. Oscar was just atrocious to me.

But my main concern is that we seem to have 0 composure. I mean seriously we seem to panic whenever they press us harder.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the red card the game was even on the pitch and nice to watch tbf. After the red card of Ibrahimovic (which was totally unfair tbh; Oscar played it really well) I had a bad feeling we'll be happy with the 0-0. We've got a big fit after a cornern agai. I'm glad we are very good with set-pieces this season but after that the same old. Zouma on and the whole team in front of the penalty box. The rest is history.

The sad thing is he'll probably never learn even after a game like this one.

Move on. Because now there must be no excuses to not win the league with so many rest between the games.

Is that the same Jurgen Klopp who's team have lost 11 of their 24 league games this season? Shut the fuck up, moron.

Mourinho isn't perfect but he's a damn sight better than most other managers out there. Suggesting he should be sacked on the back of 1 result after he's won us a cup and we're 5pts clear at the top of the league (would be 10-12 too with fair refereeing) is pig-headed in the extreme.

Put imagine if he had chelsea squad. I mean com on we defended whole season remember against 10 man city.

Absolutely pathetic performance. I hope people in this thread who are always the first to defend Mourinho's negative style stop with their bullshit now. So much of us has have complained about how bad we play in the big games. The players were awful. I don't care what the commentators said. I excuse Hazard as he was the only one who was trying. The rest off the team awful and Mourinho when are you going to fuckin learn? Stop getting complacent and thinking it is gameover when we have the lead. Yes... even if it is against bloody 10 men.

Let's be honest. It would have been a fraud if we went through. Oscar deserved an Oscar for getting Ibra undeservedly sent off. We still were outplayed with a man advantage and once again we made Verratti look like a god. Once again in these big games we are unsure of playing Cesc in his usual position but we feel we should chuck him anywhere in the team. We do not learn. Fabregas struggled again for that reason. Complete shambles. And there was so many on here who thought this would be a walkover because they had been playing poor in their league. UCL is totally different and once again it shows, league form means bullshit.

It always baffled me when these pundits who obviously don't wach our games, keep stating if there is one team from England that can win it, it is Chelsea. Erm... why? We play the same bullshit football against any big team we play and constantly get outplayed. Why do people believe we had a chance of winning it? Just imagine if we played Barca, Real or Bayern with this style. But one thing it is obvious. Like Carragher pointed out just now. We play Fabregas and Oscar in these big games together, we are getting found out. So many problems within this team and the biggest shame is that PSG's only transfers this season was Aurier who did not even play and Luiz who so many fans mocked and we who had one of the best transfer windows got outplayed by a team who hardly improved from last season.

Just can't get over the fact that we were this poor against 10 men. 10 men! We never learn our lessons in these big games. Worse thing is it is more or less predictable that we are probably going to play this same way when we play Arsenal and even Liverpool ffs!

Set piece defending was a complete joke.

Not just tonight though, this has been a consistent problem for us throughout a majority of recent seasons. All we seem to play under Mourinho (or under any manager) is a defensive game, but no-one ever thinks to work on set-pieces.

I'm not even mad. To be honest with this team we were never going that far.

It will be a huge season if we manage to win the PL with this team.

Problem is what the fuck are we gonna do next season? Mourinho doesn't look to have any problems continuing with the same team.

"We accept they were the better team. I want to discuss why they were better tomorrow. I want to see the game in a calm way and find out what my players felt on the pitch, and find conclusions about our performance. It was not good enough. The opponent was stronger than us and coped well with the pressure of the game." - Jose Mourinho

*confused*

When Arsenal and City lost their matches at home many members here were like "We will be the only ones representing England in the CL" and called me out for saying "We still can be KOd".

Shit happens, you know. Whether you're cocky or not.