Chelsea 2-2 PSG

Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

For as much talent as we've got I find it baffling that we struggle finishing teams off. You'd be hard pressed to find another side who looks as nervy as we do with a lead.

Extremely disappointed with the result...especially at home. With plenty of rest. And against 10 men most of match.

Still one MASSIVE trophy to play for so let's go get the damn thing!!!

It's not as if we were given much time for the 2-0 or the 3-1.

But we were very slow.

This team could n't win the CL. Was going to be a miracle. I know the international team ratings are a bit erratic but they have us a massive amount of points behind the main contenders (and level pegging with PSG before tonight).

To make CL winning team more is needed.

In 2012 with the exception of Barcelona -against whom we were very lucky- it wan n't so. In fact it might have been easier but with Bayern Munich getting the benefit of the home venue, the final became a little tricky.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocker... But please don't say that Mourinho should be sacked, this is just nonsence. He is a great coach, and we will win Premier League title this year.

Let's look forward, and hope that we will be better next season.

Couple things I took from the game.

We still don't move it quickly enough, when we're in possession too many guys are taking 2-3 touches before the pass. Its been a problem for years now and today it was there again.

The game changed when Oscar came off the pitch THE GAME CHANGED WHEN OSCAR WAS SUBBED. PSG found it so easy to play through the middle when we stopped pressing high. Matic sat deep and couldn't get close and Cesc is pretty much a pylon when asked to get stuck in.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out why we changed shape when Zlatan went off... Basically gave them the advantage when it was ours, there was no reason to go 4-3-3 in that situation we had the extra man and could've kept them hemmed in had we stayed 4-2-3-1.

Jose got it wrong, as I've said before we aren't the type of team that can sit back and invite pressure anymore. Once Cesc is in one of the holding positions we have fissures to exploit. Up a man and a goal we should've been looking to go for the kill. We surrendered the midfield and possession to PSG and they punished us. We get up a man and play on our heels, Bayern go up a man and win 7-0.... I put this one 100% on Jose but having said that I still love him, he will hopefully learn from this.

All in all we should be embarrassed by that display at home and more than likely we are, you can't invite that sort of pressure to come onto you with the game on a knife edge.

In the end hats off to PSG they played hard and deserved to go through, we need to regroup quickly and start getting the balance between attack and defence right again.

Not sad just disappointed we didn't match the intensity of that game.

If you never try to play quick, you probably never learn to play quick.

If Chelsea are too slow the rest of the season, then Chelsea can lose the title.

For me, I can't see the next Mourinho contract being signed until next season. If we are supposed to overlook the quality of play this season and everything rests on the title, then next season is surely time for experimentation in faster conuterattacks and build-up play. If it never comes, I think Jose is gone again. Simples.

We deserved to lose. All credit to PSG.

We should have killed the game early with attacking football against a 10 man PSG. Instead the usual Jose negative Russian roulette football was the choice.

Im getting sick of watching our shit negative, conservative football. We have so much talent at are disposal. Why start with Ramiers and Oscar playing on the wings?

I am angry but Roman is more furious!!!

Few things to note - 1. No point in playing Fabregas if we are going to park the bus. He is a passenger 2. Even Burnley and Bradford is able to press against us successfully. PSG would absolutely do it 3. Why don't we ever try to play like we did in the first few months ? Attacking and always trying to score

Exactly.

Didn't understand taking off Ramires and Oscar and leaving on Cesc. If we're gonna sit back and defend then he's the last guy you want. I know they were on yellows but that shouldn't make much difference when PSG already had a man sent off.