Ashley Cole

Madmax

I miss him very much. It pains me seeing Ivanovic getting 3 touches every single attack when we're trying to break teams down. The full-backs are super important against deep defensive teams in building up attacks, because more often than not they get the most space to operate and it was very clear against Sunderland, our full-backs got probably the most passes from our midfielders. Ash on the left and Dave on the right would be so much better in certain games in my opinion. I think this is one of our weakest points and one of the reasons we struggle against defensive teams - we are relying on a centre-back and a right back playing on the left to break teams down.

I mean what the fuck, Ash can't be so bad, can he? The last two games he played (both against stoke i believe) he was very lively and useful. Ivan and Azpi on the other hand look like they can barely run at times.

I remember him playing early in the season and he got absolutely destroyed for pace.

You can also look back earlier this season and look at his performance against Southampton (who we beat 3-0 in their backyard) where he was absolutely impervious. He still has some good performances left in him but he's been completely under utilised by Mourinho this season, which is quite a shame.

I do not fear he will make a bad CL game. He has plenty of good XP in that competition. Therefore i'm happy he played 0 minutes on Saturday, right choice by Mourinho. And we get to finally see Azpi in his right side after a long time and underline some notes.