Ashley Cole

Madmax

I think if we do get Shaw or Rodriguez the best thing to do would be keep Ash around for another season to deputize at the left back role and as someone to tutor Shaw/Rodriguez could you ask for a better teacher for brighter talents?

• 2 weeks later...

Feel sorry for him. He's been a fantastic servant for us and now suddenly we must believe he's so bad he can't get a game over an overused right-back in his position? I'm not having any of that. And then the club have the cheek to offer him a new contract, when they know fully well he's not gonna sign it, but at least then they can point the finger at Cole and say "we wanted him to stay, but he didn't want to stay". Basically being pushed out just like Mata.

Have to admit,I feel exactly the same. I thought Cole has looked much brighter in the few chances that he has been given in 2014, and really thought he could do job for us in this match.

Cesar tries really hard, but I think the lack of squad rotation from Mourinho could result in him in having a burn out like Willian and Hazard had in the 2nd half

I think if we do get Shaw or Rodriguez the best thing to do would be keep Ash around for another season to deputize at the left back role and as someone to tutor Shaw/Rodriguez could you ask for a better teacher for brighter talents?

He is gonna be an expensive teacher. And I reckon he won't appreciate being second choice.

I think you all forget just how 'knack erred' Cole is...

It was either last year, or the year before that Ray Wlkins said - after a game Ashley can hardly walk and has ice bags on his ankle and legs for 24-48 hours after a game.

He said it was unbelievable he was still playing and it was all done through 'heart' alone.

So kudos to Ashley - but maybe his body is just giving up... Why are we all so quick to point fingers at suspicion and people being forced out? A few World Cup games in a hot climate is not the same as runnning around in Winter :)

Good luck to Ashley with whatever happens next - but I certainly don't see him being forced out. The club have a policy on older players and they have to stick to it - otherwise we risk exposing ourselves with FFP ....

• 2 weeks later...

Ash having a hell of a game so far. Just laid the ball on a plate for Sterling only for him to bottle it from 2 yards out.

Shame he can't buy a game anymore.

Is that why he is playing well tho? His 2 best displays this season (Stoke and so far tonight) have came when he hadn't previously played for weeks.