Douglas Costa

bababoom

@Leif

It's not so much that he's bad rather it's about him being not very good. Think of Willian of 1st half of the season. Now, Douglas would be half that player. Player of this caliber is not even going to improve our bench let alone our starting XI.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what exactly is bad about the player?

Not enough goals (we need another goalscorer in our XI besides Hazard and Costa IMO), assists, inconsistent, volatile displays, not as good as Willian or Oscar, not decisive enough. Just another skillful, flair player but we have that already. Yes, he has good long range shooting and takes nice free-kicks and If we didn't have Willian, it could make sense. I'm not surprised many fans are underwhelmed after strong Griezmann rumours. In general, i'm kind of underwhelmed with our activity so far. I was expecting 1 or 2 world class signings and 1 or two academy players pushing on for next season.

It would be disaster and I'll be so sad if he moves here. Now there's time to make final step with highest quality player and imagine ending up with 25 yo old Douglas Costa, who so far has played only in Ukraine ...

Sterling, Di Maria, Fekir, Griezmann I think every one of them is attainable with right money, which club have at the moment. Chelsea need 3 starting quality players and a couple of squad options, if they can't add according quality for each position then leave this for next year and don't settle AGAIN with CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE.

Well I'm still confused, actually what is his natural position? AMC or winger?

RW, he's also a lefty.

My feeling is that Costa will be better than the other wingers we tried (Salah, Cuadrado, Schurlle..)

I think he should be our last option, after Griezmann, Reus, Di Maria (cech deal?), Fekir and maybe Sterling (depends on his price).

RW, he's also a lefty.

My feeling is that Costa will be better than the other wingers we tried (Salah, Cuadrado, Schurlle..)

I think he should be our last option, after Griezmann, Reus, Di Maria (cech deal?), Fekir and maybe Sterling (depends on his price).

Agree, he should be our last option from all the list of top wingers rumoured all this time. Don't know for sure, this Costa intention of saying something like that, whether 'come and get me' or he is already talked with Jose.

Salah had one thing going for him: he was young enough to improve his game.

At least Douglas Costa is younger than Cuadrado. Still not crazy about his game and he is very lightweight.

Also he can't defend to save his life.

Chelsea close to Douglas Costa agreement

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/73007__.html?

sounds like its a done deal

The same was said of Cuadrado.

Last year we did good in buys, but in 2015 so far we have done nothing good.

Is this turning to a hit and miss thing with the club and Mourinho?

fs give mourinho a break sometimes the best managers in the world get it wrong look at fergie for example fergie got it wrong with pogba

Chelsea close to Douglas Costa agreement

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/73007__.html?

sounds like its a done deal

fs give mourinho a break sometimes the best managers in the world get it wrong look at fergie for example fergie got it wrong with pogba

Okay got it wrong with Cuadrado.

So why then continue with the same mistake in getting someone like Douglas Costa?

Doesn't compute!

So why then continue with the same mistake in getting someone like Douglas Costa?

Doesn't compute!

mourinho must see something in douglas costa 2bh i think he will be use has a squad player

Doesn't compute!

correct me if im wrong was drogba not a flop on his first season at chelsea??? now drogba a chelsea legend :blue scalf:

mourinho must see something in douglas costa 2bh i think he will be use has a squad player

If we sign another winger, should be a WORLD CLASS that give us a great improve, not a squad player, and less for 27M.
In Juan we have one unknown, we don't need another.
Whatever, I think that we will not buy another wing.

The same was said of Cuadrado.

Last year we did good in buys, but in 2015 so far we have done nothing good.

Is this turning to a hit and miss thing with the club and Mourinho?

Hello Fernando,

I've had this conversation with someone already. I can't remember who and I'm too lazy to check. Apologies if it was you and this post is just a repeat. However...

I do not believe that Cuadrado was a Mourinho signing. I say this because of the stark contrast in the way Jose spoke about his acknowleged signings during and immediately after the transfer process and the virtual silence from him while the Cuadrado deal was underway as well as when it was completed. There was no list of reasons why he wanted the player, no descriptions of conversations he'd had with the player trying to persuade him to join and no obvious delight in his body language when the deal was completed. There had been all of those with other arrivals. Compare even what Jose is now saying about Falcao with his silence over Cuadrado.

Who ever it was I had the earlier exchange with wouldn't have it. He insisted I was just making excuses for Jose. Not so. I'm talking about JM's behaviour before any of those players had kicked a ball for Chelsea. Indeed, in Falcao's case before he's even signed as far as we know. Until I see contradictory evidence I'm going to continue to suspect that Cuadrado was a club signing.

Compare even what Jose is now saying about Falcao with his silence over Cuadrado.

He talked about him yesterday:

"In four or five months he has been with us, he began an adaptation that is not easy. And he was champion, has won a Cup, and that will always be in his career. He has suffered, and it is normal, one thing is to play in Italy and one in England. One thing is to play Fiorentina and over at Chelsea. And it is not easy to come here in January, a team that is winning and who is playing well, and adapt to another system: Fiorentina played with five defenders, we do four, "

"People don't know Cuadrado yet. We have followed him in Italy, Udinese, When I headed to Inter. I've seen him play many times and is a guy that I have many hopes for next season. I hope that in the Copa America can feed their self-esteem, his ego, He can feel joy of playing ".

(Taken from Illmatic on Mourinho thread)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You