Douglas Costa

bababoom

Having another bad one is twice as bad.

:dunno: I don't think that there was ever the 'danger' of us buying Douglas Costa once we had Cuadrado; it was a choice between one or the other in January, and we chose the Colombian. Let's just hope that it pays off for us in the long term.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not much of a long term for Cuadrado as he is 27 and should be at his best. They are both insufficient players, but Costa is younger.

Douglas Costa was the worst player on the pitch against Paraguay for me. Subbing Willian for Costa ruined Brazil midfield, but that's the current crop of managers we've got.

There is not much of a long term for Cuadrado as he is 27 and should be at his best. They are both insufficient players, but Costa is younger.

Douglas Costa was the worst player on the pitch against Paraguay for me. Subbing Willian for Costa ruined Brazil midfield, but that's the current crop of managers we've got.

His pace was the only thing that looked to cause danger for Paraguay when he came on.

Alves getting skinned by Benitez all night, and Filipe luis getting owned all the way to the track before the cross looked much worse than anything he did outside of that god awful penalty.

His pace was the only thing that looked to cause danger for Paraguay when he came on.

Alves getting skinned by Benitez all night, and Filipe luis getting owned all the way to the track before the cross looked much worse than anything he did outside of that god awful penalty.

The problem with Douglas Costa's introduction (or rather, Willian's removal) was the negative effect it has upon the team's tactical shape and positional discipline. Prior to the substitution, Brazil were in the lead and exerting SOME degree of control over the game, even though they were not playing particularly well. After the sub, Paraguay completely dominated both the midfield and the game in general, due in large part to all four of Brazil's attacking players pushing MUCH too high up the pitch.

The problem with Douglas Costa's introduction (or rather, Willian's removal) was the negative effect it has upon the team's tactical shape and positional discipline. Prior to the substitution, Brazil were in the lead and exerting SOME degree of control over the game, even though they were not playing particularly well. After the sub, Paraguay completely dominated both the midfield and the game in general, due in large part to all four of Brazil's attacking players pushing MUCH too high up the pitch.

Oh definitely I agree. That isn't speaking against Costa though. It was a clear tactical error by Dunga.

Oh definitely I agree. That isn't speaking against Costa though. It was a clear tactical error by Dunga.

WNDS beat me to it, but I was also unimpressed by Costa. Showed too much of the football when in tight spaces and did not hold to it well enough when Brazil needed it. Still, he's young enough to make these mistakes.

I thought Brazil got overrun in midfield after WIllian left the pitch and thought Dunga was going to do the obvious and stick David Luiz in midfield, but I guess the Brazilian "coaches" don't know David Luiz plays (better) there. Yet he was just swapping similar players... weird.

Like or dislike Jose, he always sees the game.

Douglas Costa is not even the best Am in Ukraine, one might argue he is not even the best AM in Donezk. I wonder what Bayern sees in him. They seldom fail with such buys. But there is no way he will ever be close to the level robery were. He is about has productive as William but less work rate and less all rounded. Also he usually does not even get selected in important league games plus all his half decent performances have come against relegation candidates...

Not sure why Bayern isnt in race for Turan tbh. Could cover or start instead of either of Robbery, fits Guardiola system perfectly and has similar style to Ribery.

He's slow though, Bayern have no pacy wingers when Robbery can't play.

He's slow though, Bayern have no pacy wingers when Robbery can't play.

Spot on. Costa provides lightning speed, he is one of the fastest footballers I ever saw in my entire life, and not many can achieve that pace. An the answer of those huge amounts of stupid questions "Oh, what chelsea and bayern see in this particular player" are now answerd. Speed pure fucking speed. Because I'm sure I don't need to explain how the modern game is played. With tons of pace on the counter! Just watch just one match of the player and comment and insult. It's not un accident that one of the biggest clubs in the word certainly bigger than ours is payng 35 fucking mill for him. They obviously won't do that if they didn't saw something in Him!!!!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You