Douglas Costa

bababoom

If they realy sign him for the reported fee, no way is he going to squad option. Either a starter or Robben eventual replacement.

'Eventual replacement' depends on how he'll preform, hard to believe Pep looked at Costa and said "Thats Robben's successor". I think Bayern are in such a need of cover for Ribery/Robben, that they had to act even in those prices,

when it seems like every AM costs 30m euros and more. With the very few available wingers in the market, Costa is a decent option, but surely he wasnt the 1st choice. Reports saying they were interested in Sterling, Griezmann and Di Maria,

probably they didnt want to spend so much on the first two, and Di Maria seems like staying put. For now they'll probably stay with Muller, Gotze and Costa... we'll see about the future.

We're in the same boat, although we're not desprete for wingers like them (because Ribery and Robben are injured so much).

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't prove anything if he becomes star at Bayern, They have such a great team, they make Pizarro scores for fun.

And the level of inferiority compared to the teams they play compare to who we played, it is a massive difference.

Why surprised? Bayern are left with no real star wingers anymore as Robbery are having fitness issues and are not getting any younger.

As wingers in today's market seem to be a rare luxury signing Costa is a great business for them.

Reminds me of the Lucas Moura situation. Brazilian who goes to a stacked club and is in and out of the team. Will show flashes of brilliance but not live up to the hype or fee.

I'm shocked Bayern of all clubs are willing to pay €35 mil for Costa. That puts him in their top three of their most expensive signings, behind Gotze and Javi Martinez. Quite the investment for them. I think he's a good player but I don't think he can live up to the new Ribery/Robben talk. I don't even think he's good enough to be starter for an elite club like Bayern. It will be interesting to see how he does. They did need a player of his profile so that's a plus.

This does show all the great wide men are settled or ridiculously expensive (in general or compared to their status and ability).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You