Luis Suarez

Blueboy

He certainly deserves a ban, but I still find it ironic that he gets 4 months, while players who literally and intentionally break the leg/knee/ankle of a colleague get a couple/handful of matches.

There is no way anyone can go about establishing intention when it comes to leg-breaking tackles.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Chielini, the victim, is saying the punishment is excessive.

Maybe he was so psychologically damaged by the bite that he's got Stockholm syndrome :D

There is no way anyone can go about establishing intention when it comes to leg-breaking tackles.

disagree, esp after the match when people can watch video replays with cool heads.

these types of tackles are as intentional as it gets: (replay shows the over-the-ball intention)

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50096207473/kweuke-delivers-brutal-leg-breaking-tackle

Roy Keane, Witsel, Shawcross... yes, it's a moment of madness, but it's still intentional: in that brief moment they want to injure the other player.

disagree, esp after the match when people can watch video replays with cool heads.

these types of tackles are as intentional as it gets: (replay shows the over-the-ball intention)

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50096207473/kweuke-delivers-brutal-leg-breaking-tackle

Roy Keane, Witsel, Shawcross... yes, it's a moment of madness, but it's still intentional: in that brief moment they want to injure the other player.

I think he meant you can't say the player wanted to break the other player's leg, per say. He wanted to hit him, that's for sure, but how much damage did he expect/intend to do? That's hard to know. Still should be punished, don't get me wrong. If you are taking the risk of breaking someone's leg by yourself you should see heavy punishment, even if what you had in mind was some bruises and scratches.

thats just mindless aggression. not ghoulish behaviour

That's really bad but that's a normal situation in football... anyway I think he will be out for a good time. He had no intention to break the leg of the other player that's a normal reaction.

Figo also destroyed the carreer of the player Cesar Jimenez 10 years ago. Things like this happen:

One thing is a normal moment of the game, other thing is what Pepe did to Casquero, or Keane to Haland, or Suarez for the third time. That's assualt and yes out of a football pitch can be a crime.

That's really bad but that's a normal situation in football... anyway I think he will be out for a good time. He had no intention to break the leg of the other player that's a normal reaction.

Figo also destroyed the carreer of the player Cesar Jimenez 10 years ago. Things like this happen:

One thing is a normal moment of the game, other thing is what Pepe did to Caquero, or Keane to Haland, or Suarez for the third time. That's assualt and yes out of a football pitch can be a crime.

the recent pepe headbutt on muller? that could technically be an assault. but it was really nothing.

You are joking for sure.

no. he lent in with his head. no chance of hurting anyone. definite red card. no more. mullers reacton was embarrassing.

now this is a proper pepe assault.

pepe-kick-o.gif

no. he lent in with his head. no chance of hurting anyone. definite red card. no more. mullers reacton was embarrassing.

now this is a proper pepe assault.

pepe-kick-o.gif

And that's the situation I said , and Pepe had a 10 games suspension for that. That's not normal. And the next time he does something as stupid as this he is "dead".

And Pepe has a bad reputation because of that, and deserved, but in 10 years I can't remember one single injury he caused to another player.

This situation is a lot worst than the one Figo or the other player did... and had no consequences for Casquero. Many times it's more important the action than te consequeces of that action.

And that's the situation I said , and Pepe had a 10 games suspension for that. That's not normal. And the next time he does something as stupid as this he is "dead".

sorry i misread.

One thing is a normal moment of the game, other thing is what Pepe did to Casquero, or Keane to Haland, or Suarez for the third time. That's assualt and yes out of a football pitch can be a crime.

Just for the record, I don't really understand why "a normal situation" is better than an abnormal as a rule. People get shot every day... School shooting are becoming normal in the US.. just as an example, even if a horrific one.

The most important aspect is the consequence of the act. Myself, many professional players, and coaches believe the act itself, although silly, even ridiculous, and fully deserved of suspension, is no worse than many other things that happen on the pitch, and are considered "normal."

Ask any player in a match whether they'd rather let Suarez have a bite at them :), or pick up a serious injury and I reckon they'd all pick the former.

Just for the record, I don't really understand why "a normal situation" is better than an abnormal as a rule. People get shot every day... School shooting are becoming normal in the US.. just as an example, even if a horrific one.

The most important aspect is the consequence of the act. Myself, many professional players, and coaches believe the act itself, although silly, even ridiculous, and fully deserved of suspension, is no worse than many other things that happen on the pitch, and are considered "normal."

Ask any player in a match whether they'd rather let Suarez have a bite at them :), or pick up a serious injury and I reckon they'd all pick the former.

It doesn't have to do with damage caused. It has to do with sportsmanship and the fact that biting someone isn't something a grown man should do.

He was fined by FA. FIFA has nothing to do with his behavior in Premier League.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. It's not like Suarez is a completely different person when he plays for Uruguay. He's the same guy that bit two players in the past. It doesn't matter who juges him, FIFA or the FA, his past still matters.

I reckon Evander Holyfield would choose some broken bone :ph34r:

It doesn't have to do with damage caused. It has to do with sportsmanship and the fact that biting someone isn't something a grown man should do.

Completely understandable and no denying that.

I'm not discussing the need of punishment, but how proportional it is when severity of the act is considered. There are far worst things that happen on the pitch than a bite, however ridiculous and abnormal that may be.

Wasn't Brazil Leonardo, a model professional until then, who destroyed the face of an USA player in 94 WC with a thrown elbow? He got 4 games ban.

Chiellini and Ivanovic smile and shake their heads, but that's about it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You