Stoke v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we still the running away with the title or not. I said it back when we were flying and 8 points ahead of city that it's ridiculously early in the season to make any bullyish and confident predictions as things can and does change very quickly in this league.

The pressure is well and truly on now and it's up to us to show our mettle. I fear our inability to cope with parked defences may once again be our downfall come may.

Depends if you live in lalala land and believe what the papers say.A few weeks ago we were going to go unbeaten and win it..now Man U look likely then its back to City.

So are we still the running away with the title or not. I said it back when we were flying and 8 points ahead of city that it's ridiculously early in the season to make any bullyish and confident predictions as things can and does change very quickly in this league.

The pressure is well and truly on now and it's up to us to show our mettle. I fear our inability to cope with parked defences may once again be our downfall come may.

It's no longer losses I'm worried about now, because I think our defence is pretty solid. It's the damn draws. The 0-0 and 1-1ers which we've become increasing susceptible to.

It's no longer losses I'm worried about now, because I think our defence is pretty solid. It's the damn draws. The 0-0 and 1-1ers which we've become increasing susceptible to.

What frustrates me personally is how our main weakness has been glaryingly for the past couple of seasons and yet we have been unable to find a successful solution.

To our managements credit, they have done brilliantly with the recruitment of players to help solve this issue but its the tactical side of things that continues to let us down which I mainly attribute to slow ball movement and bad use of possession in the final third.

What frustrates me personally is how our main weakness has been glaryingly for the past couple of seasons and yet we have been unable to find a successful solution.

To our managements credit, they have done brilliantly with the recruitment of players to help solve this issue but its the tactical side of things that continues to let us down which I mainly attribute to slow ball movement and bad use of possession in the final third.

It's because we don't have that imposing figure that we've had in the past that makes those driving runs past the 10-men defences of other teams. We've been blessed before with Makelele, Essien & Ballack to an extent. Matic isn't imposing enough in an attacking sense to fulfil this role. Cesc, Oscar et al are flare players but flare has a noticeable weakness vs packed up defences.

Pace is also an issue, we don't really have a speedy players who's also effective. Willian is quick, but there's no end product which makes him moot.. Hazard is quick, but when he gets trapped the team noticeably struggles.

It's because we don't have that imposing figure that we've had in the past that makes those driving runs past the 10-men defences of other teams. We've been blessed before with Makelele, Essien & Ballack to an extent. Matic isn't imposing enough in an attacking sense to fulfil this role. Cesc, Oscar et al are flare players but flare has a noticeable weakness vs packed up defences.

Pace is also an issue, we don't really have a speedy players who's also effective. Willian is quick, but there's no end product which makes him moot.. Hazard is quick, but when he gets trapped the team noticeably struggles.

I agree with you to an extent. we have also missed their goals from deep. So many times our AM have find space on the edge of the box but can't shoot to save their lives and rather sky the ball or attempt a final ball that is often unsuccesful.

I agree with you to an extent. we have also missed their goals from deep. So many times our AM have find space on the edge of the box but can't shoot to save their lives and rather sky the ball or attempt a final ball that is often unsuccesful.

And then there's heroes like Ivanovic who shoot long-range knowing they have no hope in hell -_-

Courtois; Ivan-Cahill-JT-Luis; Mikel-Matic; Oscar-Cesc-Hazard; Costa.

We need to be strong in defense and also decisive in attack, and I really don't trust Willian and Oscar (together) in such games.

I doubt Luis will start, and I can't see Oscar being effective on the wing.