Petr Cech

eldo

I really hate hearing how Cech hasn't been the same since his head injury it actually winds me up.

He had a blip for round about 2009 but ever since 2010 he has been on the top of his game (bar a couple of months under AVB), he single handedly won us the CL in Munich, one of the worst performances in the clubs history turned into one of the best results in the clubs history thanks to this guy.

Some blame him for Benteke's goal though.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are always keen to blame the goalkeeper whenever they concede at their near post. Yes, it's never nice when that happens but sometimes, you just gotta credit whoever scored it. In the case last night, it was a decent strike from Benteke and it hit the post before the ball went in anyway.

If anything, I would first blame the hopeless defending in front of Cech us mainly Ivanovic for that goal to even come about!

Seriously, I don't understand why people are always keen to blame the goalkeeper whenever they concede at their near post. Yes, it's never nice when that happens but sometimes, you just gotta credit whoever scored it. In the case last night, it was a decent strike from Benteke and it hit the post before the ball went in anyway.

If anything, I would first blame the hopeless defending in front of Cech us mainly Ivanovic for that goal to even come about!

Agree. That's what I said to a friend of mine who blamed Cech for it.

I thought it was a well striked shot, pretty powerful, hit the post.. wouldn't blame him.

I would blame the defense though, can't really remember whose fault it was..

Agree. That's what I said to a friend of mine who blamed Cech for it.

I thought it was a well striked shot, pretty powerful, hit the post.. wouldn't blame him.

I would blame the defense though, can't really remember whose fault it was..

Not wanting to get this off topic but Ivanovic in my books for his idiocy against Agbonlahor. He tried to anticipate Agbonlahor's movement thinking he will come inside from the LW and made a move to the latter's right side. And then of course, Ivanovic got turned over when Agbonlahor sped past him like he wasn't even there on the outside by getting down the flanks. The rest then is history though I have to say that Cahill probably didn't cover himself in glory either. He did try to go and cover the space vacated by Ivanovic and Agbonlahor was running into but just seem to mindlessly dive in to challenge for the ball and fail, miserably. Shambles all around. :doh:

Not wanting to get this off topic but Ivanovic in my books for his idiocy against Agbonlahor. He tried to anticipate Agbonlahor's movement thinking he will come inside from the LW and made a move to the latter's right side. And then of course, Ivanovic got turned over when Agbonlahor sped past him like he wasn't even there on the outside by getting down the flanks. The rest then is history though I have to say that Cahill probably didn't cover himself in glory either. He did try to go and cover the space vacated by Ivanovic and Agbonlahor was running into but just seem to mindlessly dive in to challenge for the ball and fail, miserably. Shambles all around. :doh:

JT also gave Benteke a bit too much space, Ramires was late to track Benteke's run and Cech probably would have saved that on a different day. So many mistakes in one play!

JT also gave Benteke a bit too much space, Ramires was late to track Benteke's run and Cech probably would have saved that on a different day. So many mistakes in one play!

JT and Ramires probably could have reacted better but the defining mistake was made by Cahill who left Benteke wide open to help Ivanovic. He was never going to get to Agbonlahor in time to stop his cross.What he needed to have done was stay put, cover Benteke and clear the ball.

Also if memory serves me right, this is now the second time Benteke has beaten Cech in that exact same angle.

JT and Ramires probably could have reacted better but the defining mistake was made by Cahill who left Benteke wide open to help Ivanovic. He was never going to get to Agbonlahor in time to stop his cross.What he needed to have done was stay put, cover Benteke and clear the ball.

Also if memory serves me right, this is now the second time Benteke has beaten Cech in that exact same angle.

Yeah I was at that Villa game and again it was Cahill's fault for backing off so much against Benteke so much. He really can't handle him.

Same thing like last season. Once our FBs get exposed, we will surely concede when the ball is cut back to the penalty box area. And when we analyzed it, there was always a catalogue of errors in them. :doh: