Loïc Rémy

SeB

Also if we cant keep player like Bony or Benteke happy on the bench, I dont know how City manages Jovetic and Negredo, Real Benzema and Higuain (year ago), United Chicarito...

I would understand Falcao, Cavani wouldnt be happy on bench but Bony, Benteke or even Jackson should be! We are still one of best clubs in world, we could achieve many trophies together and they would still play LOT even as second striker. Paycheck is good and being coached by one of best managers around.

At one point I bet people will start comparing Remy to Torres, how it would actualy be better if we kept Torres. Save this post if you want to, he will be decent, few games without goal and people will get dissaapointed with him.

I mean even Etoo got blamed for things last year at times and he actualy had very decent season.

Also if we cant keep player like Bony or Benteke happy on the bench, I dont know how City manages Jovetic and Negredo, Real Benzema and Higuain (year ago), United Chicarito...

I would understand Falcao, Cavani wouldnt be happy on bench but Bony, Benteke or even Jackson should be! We are still one of best clubs in world, we could achieve many trophies together and they would still play LOT even as second striker. Paycheck is good and being coached by one of best managers around.

At one point I bet people will start comparing Remy to Torres, how it would actualy be better if we kept Torres. Save this post if you want to, he will be decent, few games without goal and people will get dissaapointed with him.

I mean even Etoo got blamed for things last year at times and he actualy had very decent season.

Exactly, I mean maybe Falcao or Cavani was overdoing it but bloody hell most people think Costa shouldn't be challenged because he won't be happy. We need someone signed for a big fee with a good reputation( top 20 strikers in Europe) to be 'challenging' with Costa or 'backing him up'(what people want/prefer for our future strikers) to him.

Jackson Martinez 30m euros for example is a great option, he had to fight with the likes of Falcao...etc in Colombia and still doing decent, why can't we get someone like him?

No that isn't good at all, something like Martinez, Costa and Remy is good. Destro is just about the same level as Remy, wouldn't be good enough to lead our line.

Well Mourinho thinks Destro has the potential to be a top striker and the Guardian say we will maintain interest in him so I'd say it's quite likely we'll buy him next season assuming Drogba leaves.

Exactly, I mean maybe Falcao or Cavani was overdoing it but bloody hell most people think Costa shouldn't be challenged because he won't be happy. We need someone signed for a big fee with a good reputation( top 20 strikers in Europe) to be 'challenging' with Costa or 'backing him up'(what people want/prefer for our future strikers) to him.

Jackson Martinez 30m euros for example is a great option, he had to fight with the likes of Falcao...etc in Colombia and still doing decent, why can't we get someone like him?

Agree with your point. J. Martinez doesn't do it for me though. Bony would be ideal. But then again, with only two days left, clubs will demand top dollar for their players. That makes things a lot more difficult.

Ba wasn't a bad player though, he just wasn't a #1 striker. And while Remy shouldn't be a #1 either, his skill set helps him bring a bit more to the table than Ba.

This is the same thing that was said about Ba when we got him.

Good scoring ratio and PL experience in the end we all know how it ended. Im gutted more or less that we think of Remy as 2nd option.

Why do I keep seeing people mentioning Jackson Martinez? He's bang fucking average.

Glad we never went for him when he was rated at £40m or whatever it was a year or two ago when a bunch of PL clubs were after him. There's a reason no top team payed up for him. He's not that good.

Think these people saying Remy isn't a great striker need to go back and see how he did at Newcastle last season. 14 goals in 26 games. That's insane. And that is for a club who's midfield consisted of Gutierrez, Sissoko, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Anita in a team finishing 10th. How do you reckon he'll do for us when he's got Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar, Fabregas and Matic behind him?

Think these people saying Remy isn't a great striker need to go back and see how he did at Newcastle last season. 14 goals in 26 games. That's insane. And that is for a club who's midfield consisted of Gutierrez, Sissoko, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Anita in a team finishing 10th. How do you reckon he'll do for us when he's got Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar, Fabregas and Matic behind him?

If i had a penny the number of times this was said about Ba i would be a millionaire.

Seriously out of all targets we get Remy?

I don't even understand those people who say he is good, he is more or less the same as Ba, saying anything otherwise is as false as it can get.

which targets? name me a few?

Negredo already wanted to leave this summer, but the injury hindered his departure. Jovetic was injured whole season so you cant say he was competitive at all last season. Agüero was also often injured. cant be compared at all

There are no options left. Destro wouldnt be the world-breaker neither. Mandzukic wouldnt go to our club to compete with Diego- he wanted to be the clear no 1 (now he is at Atletico). there arent options that are much better than Remy/Destro. Bony isnt much better, but would cost twice as much. Benteke has stagnated and has been injured the whole time

Remy is good but for a club like us, title chasers, plenty of games, pressing game with players get exhausted, Costa who is potentialy injury prone, we should target better than Remy. Even if Costa remains healthy, second striker will likely play 1/3 of all games and I wouldnt trust Remy in CL, or any bigger PL game...

But we're Chelsea! We should have Costa-Cavani-Falcao, RIGHT!?

[emoji52] [emoji55] [emoji58]

and messi, and obama, and kim kardashian

which targets? name me a few?

Negredo already wanted to leave this summer, but the injury hindered his departure. Jovetic was injured whole season so you cant say he was competitive at all last season. Agüero was also often injured. cant be compared at all

There are no options left. Destro wouldnt be the world-breaker neither. Mandzukic wouldnt go to our club to compete with Diego- he wanted to be the clear no 1 (now he is at Atletico). there arent options that are much better than Remy/Destro. Bony isnt much better, but would cost twice as much. Benteke has stagnated and has been injured the whole time

I would take Destro, Bony, Falcao and Benteke any day over him.

Hold on, you've completely changed your argument here. You've gone from saying Falcao or Cavani on the bench to challenge Costa is a must to Bony/Martinez/Benteke. That's an entirely different argument and one I'm sure not many disagree with on here. This is quite achievable, but let's have a look at how achievable.

Bony: would probably go for a lot of money right now because Swansea obviously only have a few days to find a replacement, and probably has bigger ambitions than just being the 2nd striker here (IMO). Being the top striker at a decent club like Swansea is better than being second fiddle here.

Benteke: would be impossible right now, he's injured.

Martinez (overrated IMO): Definitely not worth his £35m release clause.

So all in all, Remy is the logical option here, given his price, PL experience, and the different profile he provides for our strike force. Most of your worries seems to be based on the fact that "if Costa gets injured", but I can also say exactly the opposite - what if he doesn't get injured? How many minutes would our back up striker have then?

I don't understand why people are in such a rush though. Don't forget that next season DD will join the coaching staff so we'll have another spot opening up upfront soon. We can then really sit down, analyse what sort of striker we need over the summer and sign without rushing into it and when the market is less volatile. Right now there aren't any great deals available. Think long term.

The most important thing to me is that Costa, Remy, DD is a massive upgrade to Eto'o, Torres and Ba. I personally think that strike force is enough for this season.

Like Demba Ba.

Isn't there a Gudjohnson reincarnation out there somewhere? He would be PERFECT.

Ba was in quite same situation. Remy year before was bang shit with Qpr...

Paco Alcacer or Bony or Destro at least have potential. Remy lacks character.

And he scored those goals with regular play. Now from bench is other thing. Destro seems to be master of that, much like Chicarito for many years.

If i had a penny the number of times this was said about Ba i would be a millionaire.

Ba did a good job for us while he was here as our 3rd choice striker. If nothing else it was worth it for the goals against Liverpool and PSG. Remy will get more game time than Ba.

He started 23 games for us and came off the bench 28 times and scored 20 goals. Not a bad return IMO.