Loïc Rémy

SeB

Then bring Huntelaar, Alcacer, etc...there are many fish in sea who dont need to cost fortune but can still do great.

I know Remy had good season, but he also had disastrous season year ago and two years ago. Marseille fans said he never filled the potential, that he doesnt work hard enough, is inconsistent. His move to Qpr was also prove he doesnt give fuck about achieving anything serious. Now he had good season wants a move to big club and he can again dissapoint like before. Im quite sure Remy was never in Mou plan, but now with Torres gone, he is one of few available.

Spending 10/15m more to get better striker would be more beneficial to our club. Quality over quantity I say.

We can live with Costa and Bony type over Costa, Remy and another average striker. Two quality are better than three, two of them being average. And for same money spent...

Very valid point mate :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are people fucking mad? Seriously most look to Remy like he will be Cavani reincarnated which is beyond pathetic.

I have not saw alot of him, i admit, but from what a saw he is no way near an upgrade on Ba. Add to the fact we yet again buy a player who fails a medical. This is the exact same replies i saw when we got Ba for fucking sake and look how that turned out. It's hilarious how most still have not learned from the Ba buy, PL experience means almost close to nothing. If your good enough in a good team fighting for trophies you will be good in PL also. Main example is Aguero, Torres, Dzeko..

Also his goals ratio again means little if you count Ba and Lukaku..

Bony and Benteke are very similar to Costa/Drogba in all honesty, Remy is a different type of player... pace, direct, good movement and finishing. Also when did Bony and Beteke become better than Remy? pretty even players in my eyes.

If Sherry33 had his way we would have spunked £120 million on Pogba and Cavani...

To be fair the year Demba was banging them in for Newcastle, Newcastle massively overachieved every player had a great year.

Demba scored goals for WHU and scored goals in the first half of 2012/2013. He's a great player for that level.

I see Remy as a lesser version of Defoe. Defoe was perfect at that level right under the true top teams and he's class above Remy imo.

Funny thing is, Gudjohnson was never a top, top striker either... He was a nice squad option to have, someone who brings something different to the team, just like Remy would.

Exactly why a Guddy level player would be perfect. Guddy was a better player than Remy in his prime imo. His technique and intelligence puts him above Remy.

Still my favourite Chelsea player btw. He could and would play anywhere.

Point is being with Remy signing we will still need to sign a 'top striker' eventually, next summer maybe. Our strike force is good enough this season, just no where near perfect for the long term. I was suggesting we could use this opportunity to get that top striker that WE WILL get eventually either in Jan or next summer when Drogba retires anyway.

I don't believe what I'm reading.

FUCK OFF. No where near perfect for the long-term? Bar Drogba, this strike force can last us another 6 years, minimum. What, who should we buy? Neymar? Cavani (who you really want, but is the same damn age as Remy) Falcao? Fucking hell, some people are never happy.

And we don't need to get a striker when Drogba retires.. have you forgotten all about Solanke and Bamford?

Just imagine bringing Remy's pace off the bench in an open game, would be a game changer.

We dont realy struggle in open games. We struggle against closed teams and that is profile of striker we would need of the bench. Killer instinct over pace.

If that were the case then yeah, I would love Bony as a number 2 here, go to the Bony thread you'll see how I was raving about him. However I just can't see the club doing a deal without massively overpaying now that there's only two days or so left in the transfer window.

Maybe next season after DD retires we'll have a go at him. Costa, Bony, Remy? It's nice, but people need to have patience and think long term.

Yeah that's true, I said the same earlier. Chelsea aren't exactly in a position of power now. So I while I would understand signing Remy, I'm not that convinced by him. Even as a back-up. If he signs, I hope I'm wrong.

I don't believe what I'm reading.

FUCK OFF. No where near perfect for the long-term? Bar Drogba, this strike force can last us another 6 years, minimum. What, who should we buy? Neymar? Cavani (who you really want, but is the same damn age as Remy) Falcao? Fucking hell, some people are never happy.

And we don't need to get a striker when Drogba retires.. have you forgotten all about Solanke and Bamford?

Lets wait to see if Bamford even manages 20 goals in Npower this season, let alone good enough for Chelsea bench. Yes bar Drogba, who will retire NEXT summer and WE WILL have to sign a striker to replace. I was saying we could use this chance to get that man now and then sign the 3rd option(Remy, Bony or whoever) to be 3rd choice next summer when Drogba retires.

@Jype, @The Skipper, @, @Daniel1980, I don't remember Remy even in his matches against us last season. It's a player that completely faded in my memory.

What do you have to say about him? Asking you guys because we tend to assess players in the same way...

People on here love comparing players in the worst way possible... Remy and Ba are both completely different type of players. Remy has CL experience, has been number 1 striker at a pretty big club in Marseille (he scored 20+ goals for them in 2011/12)... It's not that comparable at all. People are acting like Newcastle is the best team he's played for when that's so, so false.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's pretty much some of the same people that were saying that Costa could be a new Torres.

Literally the most lazy comparison ever. Ba is more of a target man, holds up the ball and brings others into play, he's decent on the ball and has good movement. Remy is direct, fast and likes to get behind the defence, he also drops deep and gets involved more.

If Sherry33 had his way we would have spunked £120 million on Pogba and Cavani...

Please don't start with something like this. A top team requires top players. Why do you think Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona are above us? Simply they have quality over quantity. Selling Ramires and Mikel for Pogba who is 21, HG and almost world class says it all.

About Cavani i didn't necessary wanted him but if there was a way to get him why not? We are in a good place in FFP and we need top class. But again i repeat i would of been fucking happy with Destro only but Remy is not an upgrade on Ba.

Tbh by Jose's press conference you could tell he was a little annoyed/let down by Torres or something leaving it so late to go, but at least we can swap for a decent striker like Remy, its really isn't a downgrade or a massive upgrade we've just got someone with pace and who we think will be better value for money than our £50m let down.

People on here love comparing players in the worst way possible... Remy and Ba are both completely different type of players. Remy has CL experience, has been number 1 striker at a pretty big club in Marseille (he scored 20+ goals for them in 2011/12)... It's not that comparable at all. People are acting like Newcastle is the best team he's played for when that's so, so false.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's pretty much some of the same people that were saying that Costa could be a new Torres.

Gignac scored 22 goals in 44 games for Marseille last season, playing in a team a lot worse than Remy did back in 2011/12. Would you want to sign him?

But Can Remy do it on cold night vs stoke or Psg? :Goober:

Think he lacks that edge of intelligence to be better. He is more runner than thinker and I dont like that. Wont be dissapointed if it happens, but he will have to prove me wrong in games for chelsea, not on stats from last season.

I just dont want another average striker who wastes shots, breaks down attacks etc. Hopefuly Remy aint that kind. I want striker who will give 100% to Chelsea like Costa does. Who genuinely likes Chelsea and work for Mou. Who wants to improve and take every opportunity given. And not only world class players do that. There are strikers out there; relatively cheap, just need to look around.

Please don't start with something like this. A top team requires top players. Why do you think Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona are above us? Simply they have quality over quantity. Selling Ramires and Mikel for Pogba who is 21, HG and almost world class says it all.

About Cavani i didn't necessary wanted him but if there was a way to get him why not? We are in a good place in FFP and we need top class. But again i repeat i would of been fucking happy with Destro only but Remy is not an upgrade on Ba.

Not saying I don't respect your opinions but Destro is just as average as Remy, if not worse and on much higher fee, 25m+ now according to Roma.