Loïc Rémy

SeB

Not saying I don't respect your opinions but Destro is just as average as Remy, if not worse and on much higher fee, 25m+ now according to Roma.

He is only 23 and i while i can't be confident he is better than Remy at the moment he will only improve under Mou while Remy won't get anyway near better than he is now.

Then bring Huntelaar, Alcacer, etc...there are many fish in sea who dont need to cost fortune but can still do great.

I know Remy had good season, but he also had disastrous season year ago and two years ago. Marseille fans said he never filled the potential, that he doesnt work hard enough, is inconsistent. His move to Qpr was also prove he doesnt give fuck about achieving anything serious. Now he had good season wants a move to big club and he can again dissapoint like before. Im quite sure Remy was never in Mou plan, but now with Torres gone, he is one of few available.

Spending 10/15m more to get better striker would be more beneficial to our club. Quality over quantity I say.

We can live with Costa and Bony type over Costa, Remy and another average striker. Two quality are better than three, two of them being average. And for same money spent...

Huntelaar no. He's 31 ffs. I'm not sure Alcacer has done more in his career than Remy either. Marseille and Valencia are similar clubs (size wise) right? Remy has lit it up for Marseille as well so you can't really state a case to me in saying that Alcacer is better than Remy because IMO he's not and he hasn't proven such either.

Are you sure Marseille fans complain about him like that? You're lying. I've got family in France who are massive supporters of Marseille and they hold Remy in high regard. You don't know what you're talking about at all. In his first two seasons he scored a total of 17 and 20 each, and in his last (half) season he was injured quite a bit hence didn't play a lot at all. His move to QPR means he didn't give a fuck about achieving anything? Are you sure? Don't you remember the QPR that signed the likes of Granero from Real as well amongst a few other quite exciting players? They were an ambitious team and gave Remy a lot of money. Obviously they fully flopped but you can't say deduce from that that he never had interest in achieving anything serious.

As I said before, Bony would be a great signing but how available is he? You're not taking that into consideration. Will Swansea be willing to sell him for £10m/£15m more or will they hold out for an even higher fee knowing that the transfer market is closing soon? It's not a guarantee that Swansea will accept a £20m from us. He's one of their main, most important players.

Like I said, there is no rush... And if anything the board has proven this summer that we've stopped overpaying for players. It's better to go into the season with Costa, Remy and DD and then look properly for another striker that can challenge Remy and Costa next season. Maybe next season we can bring in Bony for a fair price, but right now we won't overpay for a player.

Gignac scored 22 goals in 44 games for Marseille last season, playing in a team a lot worse than Remy did back in 2011/12. Would you want to sign him?

Giroud, Gignac, Gameiro plenty of players who had great season in france, then went on being average. Sometimes it takes more than just goals, striker need intelligence to improve to higher levels.

Only reason Im accepting Remy move is because Mou is behind this and he is usualy right.

Giroud, Gignac, Gameiro plenty of players who had great season in france, then went on being average. Sometimes it takes more than just goals, striker need intelligence to improve to higher levels.

Only reason Im accepting Remy move is because Mou is behind this and he is usualy right.

This is probably why most accept players even if they hate them aka stroey.

Gignac scored 22 goals in 44 games for Marseille last season, playing in a team a lot worse than Remy did back in 2011/12. Would you want to sign him?

Nope, because I never rated Gignac at all, whilst it's different with Remy. Remy is a much, much better player than him. Would Gignac score 14 in 26 games in the PL? I don't think so.

Actually Mou isn't behind this, we just got no other choice really and Jose wants 3 strikers in the squad. He probably prefers Destro more, but Roma is clearly not letting him go so we have to sign Remy.

Yeah, because Remy has then proceeded to be "average" in the PL right....

Question. Would you take Giroud as a 2nd choice here?

@Jype, @The Skipper, @, @Daniel1980, I don't remember Remy even in his matches against us last season. It's a player that completely faded in my memory.

What do you have to say about him? Asking you guys because we tend to assess players in the same way...

Can't really give an opinion on him-- didn't follow him closely. With me watching Chelsea's, Barcelona's and sometimes Milan's games, I didn't really have much time to watch non-top team games in the PL.

@Jype, @The Skipper, @, @Daniel1980, I don't remember Remy even in his matches against us last season. It's a player that completely faded in my memory.

What do you have to say about him? Asking you guys because we tend to assess players in the same way...

It's pretty much been discussed before by some other guys but Remy is a real nice signing (if it happens) in my opinion simply because he adds a different profile to our strike force. As I mentioned before, we now have an all round, complete striker in Costa, a pace merchant/poacher in Remy and a target man in DD.

Remy is a very good finisher and seems to be in the right position at the right time, plus his technique in general is good for someone who is mainly a poacher. Remy would be amazing to bring off the bench against tired legs when the game opens up tbh.

At £8m it's a great signing, and if we can add to it by bringing in another good striker next year when DD retires, we'll have a strike force up there with City next season.

Oh please even Giroud scores double digits a season does that make him a good striker?

Giroud isn't a top striker but he's a good striker, yes. Under appreciated by the Arsenal fans. I always say that if we had him here instead of Torres we might've won the title last year.

The difference between Remy and people like Gignac is that Remy is proven in the hardest and most competitive league in the world. He scored in France, he's scoring in England. The risk of buying, say, Gignac, who I do like as a player, is that he is completely unproven in the BPL. Remy would be a fantastic signing, especially due to the price to quality ratio. You'd have to pay a lot for the unproven players from abroad, but Remy is going very cheaply for how good he is. £8m for a player that without that release clause someone would pay ~£18-20m for? That's good business to me.

Actually Mou isn't behind this, we just got no other choice really and Jose wants 3 strikers in the squad. He probably prefers Destro more, but Roma is clearly not letting him go so we have to sign Remy.

He may have preferred Destro, but why does that mean he cant like Remy? Jose and the board probably had many targets listed just in case.

Yeah, because Remy has then proceeded to be "average" in the PL right....

Question. Would you take Giroud as a 2nd choice here?

I hope you have seen him in first season at Qpr. Giroud is better player, his allround game is better. Finishing about same.

And I dont want Remy because he would be bad player. I dont want him because he is player who never gives 100% to the club. He doesnt give a shit realy. Thats why.