Loïc Rémy

SeB

I'm missing something here... Are we cheap now?! Are we looking for bargains only? Fact is city has dzeko and Aguero regardless of their valuation. Or do u think they care how much they costed...

Are you all so sure remy is an upgrade over Torres? Because I'm not. We got exactly what we paid for with Ba so why do people suddenly think the world missed on this 27-fantastic player?

He's ok just ok.

Again... You can't really compare. Dzeko is not even a back up striker tbh, he was vital for City last year. Dzeko is pretty much a starter (he plays a lot of games even if Aguero is fully fit). He has to be a very, very good player (just under the WC mark for me) for that. Remy is a good player however, better than Drogba is right now, and in between the WC and just OK mark. He's a good striker. He's perfect for us in the sense that Costa will probably start in most of our games (75%). The fact that he's a clinical pace merchant as well means he'll get a few goals from the bench against tired legs when the game opens up more.

IMO we wouldn't even be able to bring a player of Dzeko's calibre to come sit here on the bench to be back up to Costa, so we have to go down a band where you get your Bony's/Remy's/Benteke's... And Remy is probably the best option available if you take into consideration price and the fact that Benteke is out injured for a while atm.

Remy is a massive upgrade on Torres for me.

Again... You can't really compare. Dzeko is not even a back up striker tbh, he was vital for City last year. Dzeko is pretty much a starter (he plays a lot of games even if Aguero is fully fit). He has to be a very, very good player (just under the WC mark for me) for that. Remy is a good player however, better than Drogba is right now, and in between the WC and just OK mark. He's a good striker. He's perfect for us in the sense that Costa will probably start in most of our games (75%). The fact that he's a clinical pace merchant as well means he'll get a few goals from the bench against tired legs when the game opens up more.

IMO we wouldn't even be able to bring a player of Dzeko's calibre to come sit here on the bench to be back up to Costa, so we have to go down a band where you get your Bony's/Remy's/Benteke's... And Remy is probably the best option available if you take into consideration price and the fact that Benteke is out injured for a while atm.

But we're Chelsea! We should have Costa-Cavani-Falcao, RIGHT!?

[emoji52] [emoji55] [emoji58]

Because at top clubs there should be more than 1 top player for a position, especially at ST- arguably one of the most important in the team. You want us to be like Atletico, rely on him until his feet bleed dry, that is when we are gonna act?

Or maybe you want to look across Manchester to see how they got 4 top class strikers in 2 positions. What, you are afraid that Costa won't be happy because he won't be the main man if another player as good or better than him arrives?

We only play with one striker for a start and Furthermore United don't have four top class strikers they have two who as a partnership are horrific and even they are only going to decline from here on in, infact I think RVP will be finished before long.

City have one Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic are good as is Negredo but tbh I think he is a bit overrated from his purple patch last winter.

Would've preferred Bony (though his price is high) but can't complain about Remy. My Newcastle friend said he basically gave up in the second half of last season as he felt he did enough for a move to a bigger team. Hopefully this move would be enough motivation for him to give 100% for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQy7sEo310g

Get ready for some quality goals on the counter from this lad...

Same goal but including the celebration which was absolutely classss!!! I don't know why, but I like strikers 10x better when their celebrations are quality haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7EIO_Afzkc

People do realise we only play one striker at a time right? You do realise its extremely hard to keep any player happy on the bench let alone a striker who is considered world class right? Do people honestly believe we could sign Falcao/ Cavani For £40-60m on £200k+ and sit them on the bench. I would love that to be the case but we have to be realistic.

Bony- £18-22m Expensive, Difficult deal to do in the final days of the window and im not so sure he would want to sit on our bench

Benteke £18-22m Like Bony expensive and Aston Villa would play hard ball also had some Injuries recently so it maybe risky

Destro £20m Roma would play hard ball they don't need to sell and is unproven in the Prem

Remy- £8m Cheap, Easy Deal to do, Prem experience, Very different to our current strikers and will be happy to be 2nd striker

We obviously disagree on Remy and that's fine. I truly hope you are right on this one.

All other top clubs have better sub for striker than we do. Daniel/Balotelli, giroud/Sanchez, dzeko/Aguero. Rvp/rooney. They are all better IMO.

I don't think costa is injury prone btw but he can still pickup a long term injury and ruin our chances. Just can't imagine the likes of remy and old-drogba doing anything special in the cl semis for example. The other teams have better options in the position.

Well, whoever is operating our transfer strategy deserves to be lauded for this summer (and, to be fair, the change in approach after the Torres debacle). This summer we have been fast and clinical in the transfer market. In my wildest dreams, which I must admit are quite frequent during the off season, I would never have expected a summer where we sign exactly what we needed for fantastic prices, extort ridiculous fees for players we don't need/aren't adequately suited to the team (Mata, Luiz). Then, to top it all off, we are shipping Torres off and bringing this guy in. I won't go as far as to say Torres was a 'cancer' in the club as I hate that expression but by God I thought we would be stuck with him for the remainder of his contract. The club has also been smart in loaning him to Milan instead of a free transfer because it means the loss from his transfer fee from Liverpool is spread over 2 years (in FFP terms at least. In real terms we don't really gain anything this way - expect, perhaps, in terms of improved cash flow, not that that is an issue for us anyways).

Onto Remy, I think he is probably the best option we can go for this late in the market for the kind of money we seem prepared to be putting up. There is absolutely no need for another striker that would genuinely challenge Costa for the #1 spot as in our system we could not hope to keep both happy. Remy is also different to our current striking options in that he is very pacey, whereas some of the other mooted options wouldn't give us that. On top of that, he has PL experience and a very solid record - let's just hope he can pass a medical and fill in for Costa when necessary.

Brilliant!