Loïc Rémy

SeB

We obviously disagree on Remy and that's fine. I truly hope you are right on this one.

All other top clubs have better sub for striker than we do. Daniel/Balotelli, giroud/Sanchez, dzeko/Aguero. Rvp/rooney. They are all better IMO.

I don't think costa is injury prone btw but he can still pickup a long term injury and ruin our chances. Just can't imagine the likes of remy and old-drogba doing anything special in the cl semis for example. The other teams have better options in the position.

You can't call them sub strikers because Sturridge and Balotelli will play together in the majority of games. Giroud and Sanchez (who is considered more of a wing forward than a striker) will also play together more oft than not. Dzeko and Aguero the same. Rooney and RVP the same.

You can't compare any of those to our situation is what I mean... Hence why, if you put it all together, Remy is a very good option to have.

Next season when Drogba retires we'll buy another good striker, and our strike force will then consist of Costa, Remy, x, with Remy and X hopefully vying it out for that 2nd choice spot.

We obviously disagree on Remy and that's fine. I truly hope you are right on this one.

All other top clubs have better sub for striker than we do. ,,. . They are all better IMO.

I don't think costa is injury prone btw but he can still pickup a long term injury and ruin our chances. Just can't imagine the likes of remy and old-drogba doing anything special in the cl semis for example. The other teams have better options in the position.

ignore

All other top clubs have better sub for striker than we do. Daniel/Balotelli, giroud/Sanchez, dzeko/Aguero. Rvp/rooney. They are all better IMO.

:doh:

Daniel/Balotelli - Liverpool Played with two striker last season so will most likely do the same this season

giroud/Sanchez- Giroud is shit and injured, Sanchez is a wide player by trade

dzeko/Aguero- Once again they play with two strikers but they do have better options. On the other hand most of the time they only have 2/3 out of the 4 fit at any one point

Rvp/rooney - Same again neither sit on the bench both start, Welbeck is there third choice at the moment

Hoping Remy can be that top, cheap, efficient signing like Azpi or Cahill.

Whatever happens though, this has been the best transfer window I've ever witnessed. Emenalo, Mourinho and the rest of the board must be commended. The squad is finally fully complete.

You can't call them sub strikers because Sturridge and Balotelli will play together in the majority of games. Giroud and Sanchez (who is considered more of a wing forward than a striker) will also play together more oft than not. Dzeko and Aguero the same. Rooney and RVP the same.

You can't compare any of those to our situation is what I mean... Hence why, if you put it all together, Remy is a very good option to have.

Next season when Drogba retires we'll buy another good striker, and our strike force will then consist of Costa, Remy, x, with Remy and X hopefully vying it out for that 2nd choice spot.

Exactly.

Only City are loaded in terms of strikers....everyone else is in the same situation as us.

City: Aguero is a top quality striker, Dzeko is probably just below that. Negredo and Jovetic are also again decent but not top quality. So they have 1 top class striker, and 3 good ones. The only reason why they share minutes so efficiently between the four is because Aguero and Jovetic spend a lot of time out injured. If all 4 were fully fit for the majority of the season they would 100% not be able to sustain the certain model. One of them would almost definitely be off -- heck there are rumours Negredo might go already. Again, see the correlation, only 1 true top striker and 3 others vying out for that spot next to him (luckily none aren't truly top quality strikers, or else it would be Aguero + that other top quality striker as their number one strike force). You cannot compare our situation to this.

At Chelsea we play with one guy upfront strictly. It would completely be irrational and ineffective to have someone like Cavani/Falcao on the bench, completely useless. They need to play almost every time. Unless we start playing with two up front, which is obviously not suited to our team at all. This is why you look for someone in between, and Remy fits the bill perfectly. We won't have to play Costa all the time at all this way, someone in Remy's class is a reliable back up player who can step in if needed. Our system is different to those of City and United's; we do not play with 2 strikers at the same time for the majority of the season. You can't have a £60m Cavani sitting on the bench regularly, and you can't have a £40m Falcao sitting on the bench frequently. What we need is a good striker who can fill in when required and Remy fits the bill.

If you don't understand that you're deluded, sorry.

I was actually only referring to City and not MU. And I am not saying we should go out and get 4 top class strikers like City, all I am saying is that they got great options for both of their striker's positions, that is why now with Negredo out for 2 months they are still challenging and that is why they won the title last season despite having Aguero out for half and Jovetic non-existence at all.

Yes at Chelsea we play with 1 guy, doesn't mean we can't have 2 world class guys in the same squad, Like I said, what if Costa's feet are bleed dry(which judging by early signs it will likely be later in the season) or pick up a serious injury? Lets rely on 36 years old Drogba and Remy to lead the line yes? Actually you said Costa won't play all the time, as a matter of fact HE WILL PLAY IN EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT IS CONSIDERED IMPORTANT TO JOSE as long as he is fit. We are gonna count on him like Atletico did last season. Even against the likes of Stoke, Burnley later on in the season I doubt Jose will just put Remy/Drogba on instead of Costa for the sake of resting.

Why don't people understand it? We need depth, I am not saying we should go out and sign Falcao+Cavani or whatever but maybe just someone AS GOOD AS COSTA to challenge him for his place. I mean we are willing to spend 50m on Willian and Schurrle essentially to compete with each other, why can't we go out and spend 30-40m on someone else to compete with Costa? I am not demanding us to sign some fancy name just for the sake of looking good like Real Madrid, but just TO IMPROVE THE DEPTH OF THE TEAM. Serious depth not just squad option, someone who will make us go ''OK he is good enough to lead the line against Barcelona in semi of CL''. Would you be happy if Drogba/Remy is that man?

Not to mention Drogba is likely to retire at the end of season, we will have to sign another striker anyway.

Quality post!

So you think remy is better than giroud? Ok...

Remy is better than Giroud imo, but he is underrated because he plays for QPR and not Arsenal. If he was playing for Arsenal I am sure he is well capable of getting 10-15 goals there too, which is what Giroud is getting consistently. Also he got pace which is always a good attribute to have for a top striker.

Quality post!

So you think remy is better than giroud? Ok...

I actually meant ignore my comment because i replied to the wrong post, i should of put edit or something

Erm they are very different strikers, As a Bench options Giroud isn't bad but as a 1st choice he is very poor. With our current strikers i would have remy over Giroud purely because he offers a lot more options.

I actually meant ignore my comment because i replied to the wrong post, i should of put edit or something

Erm they are very different strikers, As a Bench options Giroud isn't bad but as a 1st choice he is very poor. With our current strikers i would have remy over Giroud purely because he offers a lot more options.

Yeah saw your second reply but I'm on pad...

Like others I am worried that both of our options are not remotely close to costa in terms of quality. One is powerful and still good in the air, and the other is pacy but lightweight.

We will be very reliant on costa... Perhaps over-reliant