Loïc Rémy

SeB

I would take Destro, Bony, Falcao and Benteke any day over him.

benteke is injured the whole time and he has had half a good season. thats it.

Falcao? ... no words to this. for sure falcao would come in here and compete with Diego Costa haha

Destro? how many games did you watch from him? probably 0

Bony maybe. he is a good striker, but he would cost around 25-30 m euros. thats a lot of money for somebody, who isnt world-class neither. Even though I would take him, but its hard to get him 2 days before deadline.

and why are people freaking comparing him to Ba??! there are players who shine at a midtable club and fail at a big club and there are people who shine at both levels..no need to compare every player coming from a semi-good club to Ba ffs.

I would take Destro, Bony, Falcao and Benteke any day over him.

Destro isn't for sale according to Roma.

Bony would cost north of £25m because Swansea wouldn't have much time to get a replacement. Plus he looks like he's enjoying that number 1 spot at Swansea atm too.

Falcao? You want to us spend £40m and 200k a week on a back up striker who is too good to sit on the bench? Or a £20m loan fee? Not realistic.

Benteke is injured so won't happen as he can't pass his medical.

The 'many 'options aren't as many as you think they are.

Like Demba Ba.

Isn't there a Gudjohnson reincarnation out there somewhere? He would be PERFECT.

Funny thing is, Gudjohnson was never a top, top striker either... He was a nice squad option to have, someone who brings something different to the team, just like Remy would.

Ba did a good job for us while he was here as our 3rd choice striker. If nothing else it was worth it for the goals against Liverpool and PSG. Remy will get more game time than Ba.

He started 23 games for us and came off the bench 28 times and scored 20 goals. Not a bad return IMO.

Thats why he was sold..

Hold on, you've completely changed your argument here. You've gone from saying Falcao or Cavani on the bench to challenge Costa is a must to Bony/Martinez/Benteke. That's an entirely different argument and one I'm sure not many disagree with on here. This is quite achievable, but let's have a look at how achievable.

Bony: would probably go for a lot of money right now because Swansea obviously only have a few days to find a replacement, and probably has bigger ambitions than just being the 2nd striker here (IMO). Being the top striker at a decent club like Swansea is better than being second fiddle here.

Benteke: would be impossible right now, he's injured.

Martinez (overrated IMO): Definitely not worth his £35m release clause.

So all in all, Remy is the logical option here, given his price, PL experience, and the different profile he provides for our strike force. Most of your worries seems to be based on the fact that "if Costa gets injured", but I can also say exactly the opposite - what if he doesn't get injured? How many minutes would our back up striker have then?

I don't understand why people are in such a rush though. Don't forget that next season DD will join the coaching staff so we'll have another spot opening up upfront soon. We can then really sit down, analyse what sort of striker we need over the summer and sign without rushing into it and when the market is less volatile. Right now there aren't any great deals available. Think long term.

The most important thing to me is that Costa, Remy, DD is a massive upgrade to Eto'o, Torres and Ba. I personally think that strike force is enough for this season.

I'm actually quite convinced Bony would jump at the chance of joining Chelsea. He's a confident guy and probably thinks he could take Costa on.

Point is being with Remy signing we will still need to sign a 'top striker' eventually, next summer maybe. Our strike force is good enough this season, just no where near perfect for the long term. I was suggesting we could use this opportunity to get that top striker that WE WILL get eventually either in Jan or next summer when Drogba retires anyway.

I'm actually quite convinced Bony would jump at the chance of joining Chelsea. He's a confident guy and probably thinks he could take Costa on.

If that were the case then yeah, I would love Bony as a number 2 here, go to the Bony thread you'll see how I was raving about him. However I just can't see the club doing a deal without massively overpaying now that there's only two days or so left in the transfer window.

Maybe next season after DD retires we'll have a go at him. Costa, Bony, Remy? It's nice, but people need to have patience and think long term.

Thats why he was sold..

Ba actually came out in an interview the other day and said Jose had already spoken to him when he returned to training saying he would have a much bigger role this year and much more game time but Ba wasn't happy with that and decided to leave hence why Didier was brought in.

Seriously out of all targets we get Remy?

I don't even understand those people who say he is good, he is more or less the same as Ba, saying anything otherwise is as false as it can get.

Are you deluded or....... because the "targets" we've been linked with bar Destro are first team strikers, and like plenty of people have said he would be like our next Eidur cos he gives us that edge coming of the bench, so you might want to rethink mate :D

Hold on, you've completely changed your argument here. You've gone from saying Falcao or Cavani on the bench to challenge Costa is a must to Bony/Martinez/Benteke. That's an entirely different argument and one I'm sure not many disagree with on here. This is quite achievable, but let's have a look at how achievable.

Bony: would probably go for a lot of money right now because Swansea obviously only have a few days to find a replacement, and probably has bigger ambitions than just being the 2nd striker here (IMO). Being the top striker at a decent club like Swansea is better than being second fiddle here.

Benteke: would be impossible right now, he's injured.

Martinez (overrated IMO): Definitely not worth his £35m release clause.

So all in all, Remy is the logical option here, given his price, PL experience, and the different profile he provides for our strike force. Most of your worries seems to be based on the fact that "if Costa gets injured", but I can also say exactly the opposite - what if he doesn't get injured? How many minutes would our back up striker have then?

I don't understand why people are in such a rush though. Don't forget that next season DD will join the coaching staff so we'll have another spot opening up upfront soon. We can then really sit down, analyse what sort of striker we need over the summer and sign without rushing into it and when the market is less volatile. Right now there aren't any great deals available. Think long term.

The most important thing to me is that Costa, Remy, DD is a massive upgrade to Eto'o, Torres and Ba. I personally think that strike force is enough for this season.

Then bring Huntelaar, Alcacer, etc...there are many fish in sea who dont need to cost fortune but can still do great.

I know Remy had good season, but he also had disastrous season year ago and two years ago. Marseille fans said he never filled the potential, that he doesnt work hard enough, is inconsistent. His move to Qpr was also prove he doesnt give fuck about achieving anything serious. Now he had good season wants a move to big club and he can again dissapoint like before. Im quite sure Remy was never in Mou plan, but now with Torres gone, he is one of few available.

Spending 10/15m more to get better striker would be more beneficial to our club. Quality over quantity I say.

We can live with Costa and Bony type over Costa, Remy and another average striker. Two quality are better than three, two of them being average. And for same money spent...

People on here love comparing players in the worst way possible... Remy and Ba are both completely different type of players. Remy has CL experience, has been number 1 striker at a pretty big club in Marseille (he scored 20+ goals for them in 2011/12)... It's not that comparable at all. People are acting like Newcastle is the best team he's played for when that's so, so false.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's pretty much some of the same people that were saying that Costa could be a new Torres.

He is decent but thats it. Better than Torres or Drogba but that isnt hard these days.

We buy waay too much quantity and not enough quality, I think this will be another Ba case. Decent but nothing more. To get a level higher, you need to spend a bit more these days and get Bony.

Everyone was laughing at Remy in first season in pl, now they act as if he is world class. We are Chelaea and I dont think 20m for backup striker is too much, Bony would be perfect backup.

But in the end of the day still better than Torres...

but you want Bony?

Remy is probably better than Bony...