Diego Costa

Spike

Ridiculously underrated because he moved to a shit team in an average league. This guy is just as talented as any of the other so-called future ballon d'Or winners out there.

For sure, up there with Gotze, Hazard, etc. He will shine in Brazil.

Why would they release something that confidential?

:clown:

60m euros?! That's about £50m - way too much in terms of financial cost and everyone's expectations of the player. I thought his release clause was £32m!

With all the search for new striker, rumours will be everywhere...but one would expect they will mention 32mio release clause, not 60mio...

This release clause actualy exists? Or was that just BS everyone bought? For 60mio, we could throw Cavani in the race too...

Im quite dissapointed Lewa was such a cunt and joined Bayern, he would be most perfect striker for us. Hope he gets benched in munchen, traitor...You might understand Gotze who was born in Bavaria (but still), while Lewa had offers from every bigger club. He was raised in BVB, they believed in him and he fucked them this way...

60m euros?! That's about £50m - way too much in terms of financial cost and everyone's expectations of the player. I thought his release clause was £32m!

I don't understand it either.. If the buyout clause exists we don't have to reach an agreement with Atleti, just put the 32M pounds down on the table and negotiate with Costa. No bargaining, no involving Courtois. It's a good price in my opinion.

With all the search for new striker, rumours will be everywhere...but one would expect they will mention 32mio release clause, not 60mio...

This release clause actualy exists? Or was that just BS everyone bought? For 60mio, we could throw Cavani in the race too...

Im quite dissapointed Lewa was such a cunt and joined Bayern, he would be most perfect striker for us. Hope he gets benched in munchen, traitor...You might understand Gotze who was born in Bavaria (but still), while Lewa had offers from every bigger club. He was raised in BVB, they believed in him and he fucked them this way...

Absolutely, he's one of the biggest traitors in the history of the sport.

I don't understand it either.. If the buyout clause exists we don't have to reach an agreement with Atleti, just put the 32M pounds down on the table and negotiate with Costa. No bargaining, no involving Courtois. It's a good price in my opinion.

Release clauses in Spain work differently than the rest of the world. The buyout clause is accurate but it's actually not Chelsea who do the buyout, it's actually the player. So in Costa's case he has to pay Athletico 32M to terminate his contract. This means Chelsea has to pay Costa the amount and then he pays Athletico.

When we give Costa the money, he has to recognize this as income and pay tax on it. We have to give him the 32M + reimburse him for the income tax he'd owe. We'd have to transfer like 60M to him.

Instead it actually makes sense to not bother with the buyout clause at all and just pay Athletico a higher transfer fee, which would be beneficial to all parties. The only reason to activate the buyout is if Athletico don't want to sell, if they are willing to talk I don't expect the buyout clause to be activated at all.

Release clauses in Spain work differently than the rest of the world. The buyout clause is accurate but it's actually not Chelsea who do the buyout, it's actually the player. So in Costa's case he has to pay Athletico 32M to terminate his contract. This means Chelsea has to pay Costa the amount and then he pays Athletico.

When we give Costa the money, he has to recognize this as income and pay tax on it. We have to give him the 32M + reimburse him for the income tax he'd owe. We'd have to transfer like 60M to him.

Instead it actually makes sense to not bother with the buyout clause at all and just pay Athletico a higher transfer fee, which would be beneficial to all parties. The only reason to activate the buyout is if Athletico don't want to sell, if they are willing to talk I don't expect the buyout clause to be activated at all.

Do you have any source for that? I'm not doubting you, I've just never heard of this before and am geniunly curious. Is also seems a little dubious, wouldn't it be illegal for us to just "give him" 32M? I would think we would need to talk to Atletico first. I realise this isn't the case when clubs meet the buyout clause, but if it's indeed the player who has to buy himself out, wouldn't it be illegal for us to talk to him directly?