Diego Costa

Spike

No thanks to Balotelli, would rather just give Lukaku a go than bring that clown over here as our no1 striker. I think Balotelli is more talented than Luaku (also older) but doesn't have the maturity and we cannot rely on him. We need a winner, someone we can rely on. If we're going to spunk money on a new CF we should be making sure it's the right CF. And let's be honest, we don't want City's sloppy seconds. Statswise Lukaku and Balotelli are similar this season (notwithstanding the fact that I'm sure Balotelli's record is cushioned by his penalty taking? - haven't bothered looking this up though).

Yes with Balo you get a clown but with Costa you get a scumbag, Costa is the dirtiest player of 2013-2014 and he was worse last season ( he has done alright to contain a lot of himself this year). Balo is winner there is no doubt about it and he is becoming more mature and realizing that he a professional and he is here to work. Diego Costa is a moron and I am willing to bet will never string together an English sentence. Anyone remember when he trips the little kid in training and when he chokes the Sevilha player? His betrayal of Brazil by joining Spain is also something else. A least Balo has a soul and he's still only 23. Based on their play alone it's hard to chose I don't see a landslide for either player but I would choose Balo for his dribbling and shooting which is much better than Costa's.

Yes with Balo you get a clown but with Costa you get a scumbag, Costa is the dirtiest player of 2013-2014 and he was worse last season ( he has done alright to contain a lot of himself this year). Balo is winner there is no doubt about it and he is becoming more mature and realizing that he a professional and he is here to work. Diego Costa is a moron and I am willing to bet will never string together an English sentence. Anyone remember when he trips the little kid in training and when he chokes the Sevilha player? His betrayal of Brazil by joining Spain is also something else. A least Balo has a soul and he's still only 23. Based on their play alone it's hard to chose I don't see a landslide for either player but I would choose Balo for his dribbling and shooting which is much better than Costa's.

When they came up against one another in the Champions League, Costa scored and Balotelli managed to argue himself into a yellow card....one that would have seen him banned from the 1st leg of the next round.

He's not becoming more mature. I'd love it if he would because then he'd be worth a punt but at the moment he is wildly inconsistent. You yourself admit that Costa has stepped up this season whereas I don't think the same can be said of Balotelli. As for the nationality thing, who gives a fuck? If the guy feels a greater affinity with Spain than Brazil then good luck to him.

When they came up against one another in the Champions League, Costa scored and Balotelli managed to argue himself into a yellow card....one that would have seen him banned from the 1st leg of the next round.

He's not becoming more mature. I'd love it if he would because then he'd be worth a punt but at the moment he is wildly inconsistent. You yourself admit that Costa has stepped up this season whereas I don't think the same can be said of Balotelli. As for the nationality thing, who gives a fuck? If the guy feels a greater affinity with Spain than Brazil then good luck to him.

Yh agreed haha nationality play a part now? Costa could be Nigerian for all I care(no offense intended), this is a football club not a political organization.

I have had a bid discussion with skipper. Not going to discuss benzema again.

People who dint see the classico would say benzema was great against barca as he scored 2. Anyone who did watch the classico would say he should havr put the game beyond barca. But when u just see the stats at the end of the season, they are 2 goals. So numbers don't always say the whole story or even the correct story.

Well I don't know he banged them in regularly for Lyon too from really young and has improved over the year. What make you think we got the luxury of choosing the player that WE WANT OR THINK IS RIGHT FOR THE CLUB? btw if he is so bad like you said I am sure even if we bid 40m now Real wouldn't sell, and that say a lot doesn't it especially for a club with history of discarding world class players when they are not glamor enough.

Even if it is Balotelli or Benzema or Costa, we WILL TAKE ANY OF THEM if it meant we can get rid all 3 of our strikers. Hell even Martinez will do.

I'd still take Balotelli is we could pry him from Seedorf. If we are going to be dealing with antics I'd rather be laughing in embarrassment with Balo then be upset and embarrassed with Costa. We could use his shot.

balotelli-golazo1.gif?w=1000

I would rather keep Torres than get Balotelli tbh.

Not only is he overrated, but he's also mentally retarded, clinically. God knows the type of shit we would have to deal with week in week out.

I would rather keep Torres than get Balotelli tbh.

Not only is he overrated, but he's also mentally retarded, clinically. God knows the type of shit we would have to deal with week in week out.

Nothing in the whole world is worth keeping Torres. Absolutely nothing. If José decides to bring Balotelli is because he believes he can handle him. Not that I think he would, I don't, but getting rid of Torres is almost as important as getting a world class striker.

Not too worried about who we will get. Jose more or less promised a new top striker in the summer, I'm just waiting for the surprise :D

Nothing in the whole world is worth keeping Torres.

What if you were offered to be able to marry both Azpi and Salah in return for us keeping Torres?! :P:lol:

Not too worried about who we will get. Jose more or less promised a new top striker in the summer, I'm just waiting for the surprise :D

What if you were offered to be able to marry both Azpi and Salah in return for us keeping Torres?! :P:lol:

where do I make my vows to become a nun for life?

Put his cuntish teatrics to side, who is better atm and is available? He is only who wont cost fortune. All Atletico strikers did well when moved to PL (Aguero, Torres,...). Stop dreaming about Cavani, he is too expensive, just moved to PSG, and if we were ever to get him either 70mio+ or Hazard/Oscar in the deal. Not going to happen. Balotelli would be absolutely best option if he had every game like the one vs Fiorentina. Sadly, he is way too inconsistent and frustrating, not to mention he LEFT England to play in Italy. Rooney, Dzeko, Jovetic, Rvp, etc are out of question. As is Suarez. Benzema? Well, he inconsistent as fuck and if we ever get him, it will be no different to what Higuain is doing in Napoli. Overpriced, decently average, but nothing more. There are less known striker/s ala Ciro Immobile or Benteke who is/are IMO worth taking closer look.

I only fear Arsenal/Lpool or whoever gets Costa and he starts banging goals for fun, while we overpay for some average striker and stick with him for next 4 years...

good thing about Costa from my view is that he's not gifted with a great physique, nor speed, but he's a handful, he's a team player and he seems like he could be one of those elusive players in and around the box who slams them in onion bag no matter how much the opponent tries to to stop him. I would like to think Costa could have a career and reputation as lethal as someone like Raul or Inzaghi. If Chelsea were to finally land a striker who could be this kind of player and he stays healthy, Chelsea will have one of the best strikers in football. Hope Costa can become so good if Chelsea get him. who knows? the only sure thing is that the market for a top striker (and other positions) is very inflated and there's nothing we can say nor do about that as fans.

Costa has enough ability and he is willful, has a strong mind. I don't see mental fortitude in Benzema at all. And Balotelli is a mental disaster unless Prandelli has him on a holy crusade mindset for Italia.

Even if we do buy costa and if he delivers for us, even then we'd better options than we currently got. Is it Lukaku? I don't know but I can't imagine going another season with Torres and Ba even if they are sitting on the bench.

Like Jose keeps on saying, it's a long season and top teams play a lot. Any top striker won't play every game. Eto coul perhaps provide cover but age is a big question mark.

He can finish, hold up the ball, position himself and make great runs, exactly what we need. I tell you if he moves to PL, hope its us or it will hunt us for next few seasons...

The only reason people dont jump on him is because he is cunt. Cavani, Falcao all had wankfest here after their first big seasons. You say Costa is one season wonder, but if he stays in Atletico, he will have another top season, price will go double up. Get him while he is still relatively cheap. The bigger risk, the bigger reward. They expected lot from Torres or Sheva, look what we got. Flops. They expected little from Drogb, look what we got. Costa is the player, he has fear factor and always gives all he can to get his team win.

In this days when decent strikers cost 30mio+, Costa for 32mio looks like opportunity that wont happen again. We missed on Cavani two years ago when he could go for around 30mio, dont make the same mistake now with Costa.

He can finish, hold up the ball, position himself and make great runs, exactly what we need. I tell you if he moves to PL, hope its us or it will hunt us for next few seasons...

The only reason people dont jump on him is because he is cunt. Cavani, Falcao all had wankfest here after their first big seasons. You say Costa is one season wonder, but if he stays in Atletico, he will have another top season, price will go double up. Get him while he is still relatively cheap. The bigger risk, the bigger reward. They expected lot from Torres or Sheva, look what we got. Flops. They expected little from Drogb, look what we got. Costa is the player, he has fear factor and always gives all he can to get his team win.

In this days when decent strikers cost 30mio+, Costa for 32mio looks like opportunity that wont happen again. We missed on Cavani two years ago when he could go for around 30mio, dont make the same mistake now with Costa.

Remember he is a cunt and don't deserve to wear the Chelsea shirt :clown:

Remember he is a cunt and don't deserve to wear the Chelsea shirt :clown:

Yeah, thats it. If he had Cavani personality, this thread would have 50 more pages of wankfest about him joining us. But he is a cunt and must be one seson wonder lol...

Yeah, thats it. If he had Cavani personality, this thread would have 50 more pages of wankfest about him joining us. But he is a cunt and must be one seson wonder lol...

Not really. I'd take satan himself to be our striker if I felt he was going to be a clinical striker. The thing is I have a very strict opinion on what will make a game changing striker in prem and I believe it's exceptional dribbling and world class shooting. You look at Suarez and Aguero and thats them, incredible dribbling and meteor of a shot. Costa does not have exceptional dribbling (keyword exceptional I'm not saying he is shit at it) and he does not have a beastly shot, this is where my bias against him comes from before his play style. I like dirty as a Canadian who plays hockey I know pretty doesn't win games ugly and dirty wins games, I can easilly accept a dirty player I just want amazing dribbling and shooting. Don't get me wrong if we got him I would be overjoyed but from the main qualities I want in this striker Costa does not excel in.